News: Arko attempted Manly 'peace pact'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Excellent post Rex.  Don't concern yourself with the Philistines.  CW, if you want to understand Rex, read up on your Satre, forget Tolstoy. 

Rex for a man who uses so many words to say what most can say in a few, you seem to often miss the point and paraphrasing of what others say

Beautiful Rex - haha you got me roped in  ;D  great tolstoy length response!

And hey...I kinda like my distorted filters and Manly coloured lenses

Rex - 15 question marks in one post. Nice record and I hope you are proud at being unable to make a statement. And stop smiting me you dipstick.

Dan link said:
Sure he save us, thanks, well done, but when do we stop thanking him and realise he is doing more bad than good. When does his unlimited license to do whatever he wants run out?

Most Christians think when JC said to turn the other cheek he was talking about a code of moral behaviour - like to be "nice" to others.  They've missed the point. When someone slaps you and you can take it, even welcome it, that's the beginning of mental toughness.  In a Rocky sequel he welcomed the best punch from the undefeated Mike Tyson-style champion and said "Ain't so bad, CMON!".  The opponent exploded in a flurry of punches wore himself out and then was beatable. Identical message to JC's.

If we must have Max (or our wife or anyone else) be "this" and not be "that", then we are puppets to those needs.  When we can bear with the warts and not desperately need the sugar, then we are at the edge of toughness. It's like some here unconsciously adjust their responses to gain applause and avoid smites.  If we watch, carefully, insightfully, we even notice ourselves doing it.  But we're never free of the need to gain applause and avoid smites until we can bear with, better yet, welcome smites and disdain applause. And we're never authentic while the puppet strings are there.

It doesn't mean we live in the thunderstorm forever, but until we can walk out in the midst of the storm, and welcome it, we are encaged by it, cowering in a corner. When we can welcome whatever life throws at us, without wishing for even one moment it was different, then we are empowered to act without the puppet strings.

We think the issue is about changing Max (or our wife or someone else) - then we'll be happy.  The thought is a delusion.

Honestly Rex, I have no issue with you personally as I have no issue with most people in my life.

But there are a few things here.
1- I dont read your full post
1.1 - Because they dont actually ever make a point
1.2 - They are too long
2 - You dont come across as intelligent, you actually come across as a ****ing wanker.

Now I am sure you are possibly a top bloke, and someone out there loves you and possible thinks you are both, poetic and intelligent. It's just I can not get past the fact that you sound like an over stuffed Catholic Primary school teacher who waxes lyrical to children, impresses their authority upon children and above all you sound like the sort of person that would most likely punctuate what they say by poking the person you are speaking to in the chest.

Your wordy proses far from make you stand out in a positive light

brookiegreg link said:
...I kinda like my distorted filters and Manly coloured lenses

Ditto. They're totally sweet dreams.

We can own and try out 1000 distorted filters and have no nightmares, but being unaware of wearing even one is sufficient.

I mean no offense by the above by the way

Dan link said:
Honestly Rex, I have no issue with you personally as I have no issue with most people in my life.

1.2 - They are too long
2 - You dont come across as intelligent, you actually come across as a F**king wanker.

Now I am sure you are possibly a top bloke, and someone out there loves you and possible thinks you are both, poetic and intelligent. It's just I can not get past the fact that you sound like an over stuffed Catholic Primary school teacher who waxes lyrical to children, impresses their authority upon children and above all you sound like the sort of person that would most likely punctuate what they say by poking the person you are speaking to in the chest.

I can see how that's true Dan.  And when you reread what you've written, if you turned that around and pointed the finger inward rather than outward, could that be equally true in your world?

Rex link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180868.msg229824#msg229824 date=1245976996]

1.2 - They are too long
2 - You dont come across as intelligent, you actually come across as a F**king wanker.

I can see how that's true Dan.  And when you reread what you've written, if you turned that around and pointed the finger inward rather than outward, could that be equally true in your world?
[/quote]

Difference is I am under no illusions about where I sit on the intelligence, social and evolutionary tree.

I know I am a wanker and I know I am only as intelligent as the next person, its all relative really.

The major difference is if I have a point I make it and I do so in plain english without coming across as a wanker.

Rex link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180868.msg229640#msg229640 date=1245894744]

Sure he save us, thanks, well done, but when do we stop thanking him and realise he is doing more bad than good. When does his unlimited license to do whatever he wants run out?

Most Christians think when JC said to turn the other cheek he was talking about a code of moral behaviour - like to be "nice" to others.  They've missed the point. When someone slaps you and you can take it, even welcome it, that's the beginning of mental toughness.  In a Rocky sequel he welcomed the best punch from the undefeated Mike Tyson-style champion and said "Ain't so bad, CMON!".  The opponent exploded in a flurry of punches wore himself out and then was beatable. Identical message to JC's.

If we must have Max (or our wife or anyone else) be "this" and not be "that", then we are puppets to those needs.  When we can bear with the warts and not desperately need the sugar, then we are at the edge of toughness. It's like some here unconsciously adjust their responses to gain applause and avoid smites.  If we watch, carefully, insightfully, we even notice ourselves doing it.  But we're never free of the need to gain applause and avoid smites until we can bear with, better yet, welcome smites and disdain applause. And we're never authentic while the puppet strings are there.

It doesn't mean we live in the thunderstorm forever, but until we can walk out in the midst of the storm, and welcome it, we are encaged by it, cowering in a corner. When we can welcome whatever life throws at us, without wishing for even one moment it was different, then we are empowered to act without the puppet strings.

We think the issue is about changing Max (or our wife or someone else) - then we'll be happy.  The thought is a delusion.
[/quote]

Rex can you please email this one to the Penns?

They must have based the Rocky sequel bit you describe from how Muhammad Ali talked to George Foreman during the Rumble in the Jungle in 74: "George they told me you hit hard", "George you disappoint me", "they told me you was BAAD George", "George you aint breakin popcorn"...

Of course the frightening bull-like Foreman went into a fury and after 8 rds of rope-a-dope from Ali he wore himself out....yes a little different from your welcoming meaning above but maybe that was Ali welcoming his worst nightmare to prove himself in front of the world??

Gentlemen, what will other footie supporters think when they stumble apon this site with us brows furrowed around our bible, satre, plato, socrates laid out on the bench when it should be the manly daily and RLW??  ;D love it!!

So your major point is that you know you're a wanker and believe I don't know I'm a wanker. And in contrast you can make a point without coming across as a wanker and I can't make a point without coming across as a wanker.

So it sounds like we're both either misleading everyone else or misleading ourselves about our wankerhood!  Sounds like we share something deeply in common then, like we're family Dan. I feel closer to you already, bro. :)

Rex link said:
So your major point is that you know you're a wanker and believe I don't know I'm a wanker. And in contrast you can make a point without coming across as a wanker and I can't make a point without coming across as a wanker.

So it sounds like we're both either misleading everyone else or misleading ourselves about our wankerhood!  Sounds like we share something deeply in common then, like we're family Dan. I feel closer to you already, bro. :)

To Paraphrase....

wanker

neither of you are misleading anyone, except Dan might be misleading himself if he doesnt think he's talking like one :)

then it's settled.

:)

right I have some test scenario's to run.

later.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4