News: Anthony Watmough facing ban from rep footy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is this high school? Dead set. I thought they pick players on form. Any other 2nd rower with stats like Choc? Gallen i would say.

and they reckon Inglis is a certainty for the test,what a joke,what has he done,a few spurts of form in a couple of games,and he is in,he,s not in form,the kiwi,s will be loving this.

I live in Canberra these days and a former work colleague swears that Stuart was involved in an extremely serious car accident during his playing days with the Canberra Furners (Now, live from Queanbeyan Leagues Club, it's the Don and Dave Show!) that left someone else in a very, very bad way.

It was covered up of course, as is often the case in these one-team towns. Presumably Ol' Twin-combs Sheens was the Can'tberra Furners coach at the time.

Even it's just a wild rumour, the guy had enough form elsewhere, especially his rant at referee Klein a few years ago, to make any claims he has against Our Anthony decidedly hypocritical. If (as I suspect) Watmough's off-field behaviour is (also) a catalyst for this latest move. Otherwise any plans to include the likes of Greg Bird, who apparently is a shareholder in O'Brien Glass, look decidedly inconsistent.

Over the last few years, Watmough has been just about NSW's best player. No matter his form at club level (and it's been pretty good), he's an "Origin player". He's made for it. The selectors talk about toughness and attitude all the time - Choc's got both in spades.
A few years back his form was so good it was mind-boggling. I remember one game against the Tigers, which we lost, that he nearly won us all on his own. I'd never seen anything like it - his ability to play at such a high level for the full 80 minutes was outstanding. He hasn't really got back to that type of form, but nobody else has either.

master blaster said:
and they reckon Inglis is a certainty for the test,what a joke,what has he done,a few spurts of form in a couple of games,and he is in,he,s not in form,the kiwi,s will be loving this.
NSW will be hoping the pricks selected too!

Wouldn't surprise me if Sheens leaked this story to cover up for the multitude of coaching and selection problems with last years Kangaroos team that lost the Four Nations final, along the way playing a stretch of the most inconsistent footy seen by a Kangaroos team that I can remember.

Phantar said:
I live in Canberra these days and a former work colleague swears that Stuart was involved in an extremely serious car accident during his playing days with the Canberra Furners (Now, live from Queanbeyan Leagues Club, it's the Don and Dave Show!) that left someone else in a very, very bad way.

It was covered up of course, as is often the case in these one-team towns. Presumably Ol' Twin-combs Sheens was the Can'tberra Furners coach at the time.

Even it's just a wild rumour, the guy had enough form elsewhere, especially his rant at referee Klein a few years ago, to make any claims he has against Our Anthony decidedly hypocritical. If (as I suspect) Watmough's off-field behaviour is (also) a catalyst for this latest move. Otherwise any plans to include the likes of Greg Bird, who apparently is a shareholder in O'Brien Glass, look decidedly inconsistent.
if by very very bad way you mean dead? then yes its well known down here! pretty sure he was pissed, had a car accident and killed some lady.... got off cause of who he is, he is vermin

I have extreme doubts that if he killed someone as a result of a drink driving accident, that they would have had the means to cover it up. If you even slightly believe that this happened, please tell me how they did it? Did they pay off the Police, The family of the victim, The tow truck driver, the Ambulance and any witnesses? Or did they hire a tow truck and a backhoe and bury the car with the body in it? Maybe it's buried under the halfway line at Canberra stadium?

i'm not a lawyer so couldn't tell you?
i'm just going by what i've heard and have known for years.
its common knowledge down here!

don't shoot the messenger....

Fonz said:
I have extreme doubts that if he killed someone as a result of a drink driving accident, that they would have had the means to cover it up. If you even slightly believe that this happened, please tell me how they did it? Did they pay off the Police, The family of the victim, The tow truck driver, the Ambulance and any witnesses? Or did they hire a tow truck and a backhoe and bury the car with the body in it? Maybe it's buried under the halfway line at Canberra stadium?

Lowe signed them all to a contract to never tell anyone about the events.

well there you go, i wasn't going to mention names, but i always thought the person killed was 'stephanie'!!!
changed with the chinese whispers over time.....

Stuart had a long chat with slats & tk on the bsb this morning, I only caught bits but I think he said he has no probs with choc, I think they have a podcast of the interview

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Stuart had a long chat with slats & tk on the bsb this morning, I only caught bits but I think he said he has no probs with choc, I think they have a podcast of the interview

Yeah, no problems with him as long he is not in his Blues side

There are many Skeletons in the Raiders closet over the years..... What went on in Canberra, stayed in Canberra!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Some posters in this topic should be very careful they are not just spreading gossip ...

I don't gossip. Those of you that have read my post can treat it as gospel. Nevertheless I have given what I posted some thought and decided to delete the post. I will say, however, that it was not out of any respect for Stuart.

Gorgeous George said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Some posters in this topic should be very careful they are not just spreading gossip ...

I don't gossip. Those of you that have read my post can treat it as gospel. Nevertheless I have given what I posted some thought and decided to delete the post. I will say, however, that it was not out of any respect for Stuart.

If there is nothing defamatory liable or slanderous then its no problem. If we delete all the gossip on this site we will be left with one long series of YARTS and captian obvious media releases.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6