News: Andrew Voss under fire for Origin indiscretion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="story-intro" /><p>NRL referees boss Robert Finch has lamented the behaviour of senior Channel 9 commentator Andrew Voss, who breached protocol by trying to impress his opinion on two match officials during last Wednesday night's tense Origin finale. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4111-andrew-voss-under-fire-for-origin-indiscretion.html">Read the full article</a>

I liked Voss last year. This year he is driving me beserk with his ramblings. If someone kicks someone in the head a split second after they plant the ball down for a try then the refs are entitled to consider an 8 point try, no matter how pedantic he gets about the wording of the rule (which says in the process of of scoring a try). To me, if he is in the process of scoring a try it includes any time up until he is congratulated by his team mates. And why would you comment on it to match officials during one of the big games of the year?

I find Gus's comments more inspiring than his by a long way this year. As for that Terry clown from 2UE on the Roast, he makes Vossy sound credible. This is what it has come down to - give me MG and Gus  :-\

With the death of Matty Johns they have given Voss more "rope", he should do an adequate job of hanging himself.

Voss is an annoying know-it-all pratt who thinks he is funny suave and a footy genius all at once. His interpretation of the 8 point try rule is laughable. To front the refs the way he did might indicate his head is a bit swollen. In this form channel 9 might have to re-think pensioning fatso off.

The fact that there was confusion about the act of grounding the ball only goes to show the try should not have been awarded.  He dropped it cold.

If you only get an eight point try the exact instant the ball touches the game then there will never be one.

Matabele link said:
The fact that there was confusion about the act of grounding the ball only goes to show the try should not have been awarded.  He dropped it cold.

Oh come on you lost queenslander cop it sweet.

Whether a try or a penalty it was the right call. Voss use to be alright but like all commentators has gotten too big for his boots.

Getting onto the Footy Show has ruined Voss, his self importance has sky rocketed. His efforts at the start of the show last Thursday night we embarassing

For many in the media, the bright lights and fame can change them - Voss is one such person and Hadley and co are also prime examples. They tend to forget what they were to get there and enjoy the gravy train, becoming victims of their egos.

Thankfully our own Will Stiles does not suffer from the same disease!! :) :) :)

Canteen Worker link said:
For many in the media, the bright lights and fame can change them - Voss is one such person and Hadley and co are also prime examples. They tend to forget what they were to get there and enjoy the gravy train, becoming victims of their egos.

Too late..!  Jokes!! You're the best!

Canteen Worker link said:

Hah. Give me a few more years and I might have an ego. Early days yet.

Wow never knew that.

Vossy has no right nor place to do that - he should be fined personally, as should channel 9, significantly.

As for the incident, I thought it was officiated appropriately.

I think this year Vossy has proven what an A grade tosser he really is. He would have been the kid at school that was the last one picked for any team sports and I'm betting he has never actually played a game of footy in his life.

Matas, you're right, he did drop the ball before grounding it, he knew himself it wasn't a try.  Amazing how poor the refereeing was throughout the series.  Will there be an investigation about their competency?  No, like all things, swept under the carpet for another day.  Voss is a dickhead and should have commentated on the knock on, rather than the head knock. 

I think Vossy should spend some time commentating the under 20's for a couple of weeks just to deflate the ego, maybe even a bit of QLD cup.

Vossy said last night, as he attempted to brush the whole affair off as trivial and unworthy of comment - but proceeded to ramble on..., he intends to take legal action against Alan Jones and Ray Hadley and the Terror.

If those two radio beacons of unjustified sensationalism have him in their sights there may be way less in it than reported :) Apart from his inflated head of course.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2