News: A mirror to our own failings?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
The NRL/AFL/Super 15 seasons loom and, as per usual, they're blighted by   numerous scandals involving young footballers running amok.  The  latest  is last year's Dally M bad boy Todd Carney caught DUI, and  further  south there's Ricky Nixon and his dalliances with a 17 year old   allegedly impregnated last year by one of the St Kilda players he   manages.

Read More

It's the same every year. Always has been. It's just reported more these days. Mark Geyer mentioned recently how he was arrested and charged with assault 5 times during his career. I don't recall reading about any of them. The rugby league journalists need to get back to reporting on the game and stop acting like gossip collumnists. None of it should even be in the papers. It's none of our business.

Mark Geyer was constantly in the papers, they even had helicopters buzzing the ground when he made his debut for the Umina Bunnies.  He was the Luke Perry of the NRL back then.

His two biggest acts of thuggery however were leading with the elbow into Dale Shearer (Last regular round of 1988) and Paul Hauf in the Origin.  I wish Wally had put him out of his misery back then.

Bones link said:
It's the same every year. Always has been. It's just reported more these days. Mark Geyer mentioned recently how he was arrested and charged with assault 5 times during his career. I don't recall reading about any of them. The rugby league journalists need to get back to reporting on the game and stop acting like gossip collumnists. None of it should even be in the papers. It's none of our business.

I agree 100%.

The media have a lot to answer for as do the Ironstines that believe everything the commercial stations & tabloid press dish up to them.

The bad publicity is almost entirely the fault of the media. If bad news is not publicised, to the majority of people there is no bad news.

Matabele link said:
Mark Geyer was constantly in the papers, they even had helicopters buzzing the ground when he made his debut for the Umina Bunnies.  He was the Luke Perry of the NRL back then.

His two biggest acts of thuggery however were leading with the elbow into Dale Shearer (Last regular round of 1988) and Paul Hauf in the Origin.  I wish Wally had put him out of his misery back then.

Are you serious? Geyer would have torn Wally a new one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4