New Zealand (2) v Australia (5) Three test series 2019-2020

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Williamson fails again. Was looking forward to seeing him this summer but he has been a major disappointment.

I know we have a pretty handy bowling attack but fair dinkum the kiwis have been soft. Not a lot of fight from them, which is something they claim to pride themselves on. Looks like another decent defeat coming their way, unless they can find some batting form to save the test.

C'mon Aust, a wicket'd be nice!

Well there'd already be one if umpires understand how lbw's work...but anyway

In one over patto destroys any hope for the kiwis.

Dead rubber at scg again this year, so frustrating .... can’t remember the last time my home test actually meant something. Seems hardly worth while going

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
NZ reach 200 for the first time this series!

I think I preferred it when I couldn't hear the constant 'sledging'.

Another touch up.

has turned out a fizzer of a series after expectation it might have been a good contest.

Just gets better, half of the team is crook and we have flown over an emergency bat to debut and Latham will be captaining apparently

Yep. Kiwi team has been decimated. 5 changes. I can not ever recall hearing of that many changes between test matches. Especially with such a relatively short turn around from Melbourne. Great opportunity for the young black caps to step up and show some character.

Kiwis probably wanna get away from the smoke. Cant blame them! Blood some new guys for the dead rubber.

...New Zealand have lost...267 Tests, 11,108 runs and 594 wickets from their XI. Their first Test since December 2009 that has not featured Williamson, Boult or Southee

Well what a most disappointing series that was. Wagner the only consistent shining light for the black caps. Taylor looked uninterested all series. Well done Marnus and Gary.

Last edited:
Well what a most disappointing series that was. Wagner the only consistent shining light for the black caps. Taylor looked uninterested all series. Well done Marnus and Gary.
I only got to watch bits and pieces but didn't find it disappointing at all, apart from Smith failing to get a couple more tons. I'm happy for us to dominate our home matches. Years ago a brother-in-law told me his perfect Australian Test result was to declare our first innings at 0-1000, then bowl the opposition out for nought, twice. I thought that was a bit extreme but understand the sentiment. Every now and again I like the tension and challenge of a close series against the very top opposition, but for our usual summer series I'm happy with 5 nil. I expected more from the Kiwis due to their ranking and recent results, but happy enough with the easy wins. Build our confidence back up for a big contest next summer.

btw anyone think we might enforce the follow on in 1st and 2nd tests? Got on the google machine and found out we are the only team to enforce the follow on and lose and we have done it 3 times. No wonder we are a lil gun shy.

Kiwis had already mentally clocked off for Sydney - bowling, batting and most noticeably their fielding was woeful. They showed little fight and were just going through the motions. Henry looked like a trundler, Sommerville just filling a spot. Wagner was the only one making an effort for Black Caps, although the "leg side theory" did get a tad boring after a while.

I'd be interested in what KE thinks of Ross Taylor becoming the highest run scorer in NZ test history ?? Never seemed to fully live up to his potential IMO, throws his wicket away cheaply far too often.

I assume next summers series against India might offer more of a contest

Well deserved for Ross Taylor mate, he is clearly among our top handful of players

When he came into the international game he only considered himself a white ball player and went and sought out Martin Crowe and they came up with a plan for him so 7000 runs at 47 is a very good effort. Peaked after losing the captaincy and had a few huge years including that 290 in Perth. Major weakness can be against quality spin he gets lost and uses the hit his way out of it technique

Management set us up on the wrong foot and they never recovered from there and were shot ducks and our weaknesses I was concerned about pre series came to fruition. That last test was a debacle, never seen anything like it with 4 sick, Boult injured then Henry broken thumb and Latham broken finger during the test and leaving Southee out on top of that was ridiculous. I can’t stand our current coach so hopefully he put some nails into his lid

This guy ??

Yep that’s the one, played 2 seasons with him about 5 years ago before he broke into the first class scene

If he had 10kmh extra he would be deadly with his height, hits a very clean ball too

New Zealand debutant Kyle Jamieson has rocked the Indian batting line up, claiming three crucial top order wickets on day one at Wellington.
Skipper Kane Williamson won the toss on Friday and controversially asked the touring Indian team to bat first on a green wicket in overcast conditions.

It proved a masterstroke, with India reeling at 3/40 within 18 overs, captain Virat Kohli and No. 3 Cheteshwar Pujara back in the pavilion.

New Zealand debutant Kyle Jamieson has rocked the Indian batting line up, claiming three crucial top order wickets on day one at Wellington.
Skipper Kane Williamson won the toss on Friday and controversially asked the touring Indian team to bat first on a green wicket in overcast conditions.

It proved a masterstroke, with India reeling at 3/40 within 18 overs, captain Virat Kohli and No. 3 Cheteshwar Pujara back in the pavilion.

He has had a big month, man of the match ODI debut, 4/38 and 44 test debut, man of the match in the 2nd test with 5/40 on the first day then a crucial 49 with the bat on day 2

Tougher times will come but can’t ask for much better than that

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4