New Winger - Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So guess its the off season - Best we got is some newbie that might be coming from the dragons.. Woohoo.
What a great season it has been. :)
What was the last tall and fast winger manly signed? That alone is something to get excited about, unless we want to bank on Taufua turning back the clock or overpaying someone like A. Johnston. Develop cheap wingers so that you can get enough use out of them before they either ask for too much or love it so much they stay at a reasonable price (probably like AJ did at Souths rather than leave for overs).

Im happy to wait
#nextweek

Last edited by a moderator:
We are 100% ready for him to come but are stuck waiting for the Dragons to release him. There is no hold up at our end but Dragons are not playing ball...they will eventually because it is quite clear that he wants out and clubs don't pay players who want out. He'll be here next year. Garner is a different matter. Not all the Manly brain trusts want him so depends who gets their way.

We are 100% ready for him to come but are stuck waiting for the Dragons to release him. There is no hold up at our end but Dragons are not playing ball...they will eventually because it is quite clear that he wants out and clubs don't pay players who want out. He'll be here next year. Garner is a different matter. Not all the Manly brain trusts want him so depends who gets their way.
Garner is a quality player but with Siro, Olakau-atu, Gosiewski and Davey I wouldn't be too fussed missing out on him. Saab on the other hand, I really hope we do get him!

Snake, do you know if we are chasing another hooker? Surely we need to add another hooker/utility to our books

Snake, do you know if we are chasing another hooker? Surely we need to add another hooker/utility to our books
Not at this stage...the re-signing of Fainu is Manly's blind faith that he'll be back next year...I think he has no hope.

Foran is gonna play 6 so it'll be Cust and Croker playing 9. I take your point....I agree that we need another 9 because if Cust or Croker go down, the cupboard is empty...really strange things happening at the moment...I don't have a good feeling about next year.

Not at this stage...the re-signing of Fainu is Manly's blind faith that he'll be back next year...I think he has no hope.

Foran is gonna play 6 so it'll be Cust and Croker playing 9. I take your point....I agree that we need another 9 because if Cust or Croker go down, the cupboard is empty...really strange things happening at the moment...I don't have a good feeling about next year.

if Foran is playing 6 what are their plans for schuster? Perhaps the rumours about him being unhappy are true.

Snake, you are probably the biggest reason for me hanging on this site so appreciate your knowledge.
If you can, “really strange things happening at the moment”, can you paint a clearer picture?... if you’re seeing this, it obviously will have a few (like me) concerned.
Well I can't say too much but I think we are going in the wrong direction in terms of a squad.

The Davey signing sticks out as one such example. We lose Thompson and replace him with a 28 year old with 8 fg games of experience?! OK he had a couple of reasonable games but he is not the kind of player that is going to put fear into the opposition.

We have arguably the best young prospect in RL and we sign a broken down 30 year old who broke a hand shake agreement to stay back in 2015 to play 6 and get us offside with said prospect.

We have no tired and tested hooker and are hoping to God that Jack De Belin gets off (good luck on that one happening) so we can challenge the 'no fault' policy to play Fainu who will probably fry regardless of what decision is made on De Belin because there are eye witnesses testifying that he committed the crime. Why are we building around so many unlikely hypotheticals?!

When you look at how many players went backwards last year (including Jake T) and you see that our recruitment for next year is not an endorsement of youth, one has to question what the **** is going on?!

Well I can't say too much but I think we are going in the wrong direction in terms of a squad.

The Davey signing sticks out as one such example. We lose Thompson and replace him with a 28 year old with 8 fg games of experience?! OK he had a couple of reasonable games but he is not the kind of player that is going to put fear into the opposition.

We have arguably the best young prospect in RL and we sign a broken down 30 year old who broke a hand shake agreement to stay back in 2015 to play 6 and get us offside with said prospect.

We have no tired and tested hooker and are hoping to God that Jack De Belin gets off (good luck on that one happening) so we can challenge the 'no fault' policy to play Fainu who will probably fry regardless of what decision is made on De Belin because there are eye witnesses testifying that he committed the crime. Why are we building around so many unlikely hypotheticals?!

When you look at how many players went backwards last year (including Jake T) and you see that our recruitment for next year is not an endorsement of youth, one has to question what the **** is going on?!
****ity ****!!!

I have said often that I already believe we have a top 6 roster ... my concern is that I am seeing nothing being done that I believe will take us up to a top 4 roster or a Premiership in the next 4 years ...

Edit ... I hope I am wrong and that the young Eagles grow up quick and excel ...

I appreciate your insight snake.

A couple of comments: thompson had a poor year in my books, so we don’t lose anything by replacing him with Davey. However Olak or jet ski might be in front of Davey anyway.

jetski had a bad year too, never seemed to be injury-free and didn’t really bounce back from surgery at end of 2019. Hopefully he reaches his potential in 2021.

A fit cust could be very good in the dummy half rotation. He was another bloke that was held together with tape in the last few rounds.

Improved Injury management is probably more important for manly than landing a big name for 2021.

I appreciate your insight snake.

A couple of comments: thompson had a poor year in my books, so we don’t lose anything by replacing him with Davey. However Olak or jet ski might be in front of Davey anyway.

jetski had a bad year too, never seemed to be injury-free and didn’t really bounce back from surgery at end of 2019. Hopefully he reaches his potential in 2021.

A fit cust could be very good in the dummy half rotation. He was another bloke that was held together with tape in the last few rounds.

Improved Injury management is probably more important for manly than landing a big name for 2021.
I'm sure Cust would do a great job but what happens if he goes down? Croker is next in line... wow, we'd be in trouble. Croker should be back up to a back up, NOT in our 17. Still a few spots up for grabs in our 30, these last few players will decide if 2021 is successful or not. We can't rely on no injuries so we need quality depth. I can't believe Manly are putting all their eggs in the Fainu basket, seems an odd decision

The kid wants out Griffin is wasting his time. Griffin knows Saab has already left in his mind and is just trying to apply pressure to get another player. Won’t happen he might just be left with a kid that doesn’t want to be there and won’t try.
Interesting. Saab. Griffin.

General Motors wouldn’t allow what was left of SAAB (the car makers) to use the Griffen symbol, which once adorned their cars, on their new electric cars. I believe the electric car venture has now ended

Did Griffin ever work for GM?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4