New Winger - Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If a club pays a 'transfer fee' does this impact the salary cap?
If so, which it should, then it makes keeping track of which clubs are fudging the cap a little more difficult. Likewise, clubs paying a portion of the salary of a play to move to another club.
It's complicated.
When we got a fee for releasing AFB, it was reported that it affected the Warriors football programme cap (i.e., coaches and support staff) but not the player salary cap. Not sure why it doesn't hit the player salary cap as the fee is player related, but I am sure there is a reason.

Have to take into account that young Hoppa "s regular position in the juniors and junior rep level was full back and where he seemed to impress . Obviously would have to lift his game even to hold down a wing position at Manly if he does stay but if Tom is unavailable next season [ and only very hopefully just or primarily for rep duties ] no reason why Hoppa could not slot in there as well . Funa has been O K there but doesn :t seem a natural there . Still surprising that nothing seems finalized with Albert yet and would even be quite at ease with Saab and Garrick as the wing options if Albert does not stay with Manly .
I wonder if hoppa’s success in the juniors was solely due to his strength? I hope he has some skill and technique as well (especially in defence) because everyone he will play against in first grade is freakishly strong. Unlike junior league.

Just a rumour,heard that we will pay a transfer fee and Dragons release Saab and we keep Garrick.
I'm happy with this.
Despite Garrick having a shocking year I am still of the belief he is a good player... and he has had it pretty tough getting no ball.
He was great in first year, and clearly (at this moment in time) still better than A Hoppa.
If he sharpens up his goal kicking and is able to play consistent footy on the wing with an uninjured team I think he'll bounce back next year.

Mate of mine knows Garrick and he said Garrick absolutely loves the club... that is a huge factor in player success and I think it's tough to not want to keep a bloke he loves the club as much as him. Hoppa is here for the coin and would drop us at a heartbeat for an upgrade, especially as his dad runs the show.

It is pretty likely that Garrick could have gone the other way, but instead wants to stay and fight, which is something all Manly players should have in their blood and a great thing to see amongst a player especially in this day and age.

1. Tom 2. Saab 3. Walker 4. Suli 5. Garrick / Funa 6. Schuster / Foran 7. DCE
could still make the top 4 with tom not injured. If we are keeping garrick and getting Saab, all we need is a good backup fullback and we are fine for depth. A backup fulltime hooker would go nicely too.

I'm happy with this.
Despite Garrick having a shocking year I am still of the belief he is a good player... and he has had it pretty tough getting no ball.
He was great in first year, and clearly (at this moment in time) still better than A Hoppa.
If he sharpens up his goal kicking and is able to play consistent footy on the wing with an uninjured team I think he'll bounce back next year.

Mate of mine knows Garrick and he said Garrick absolutely loves the club... that is a huge factor in player success and I think it's tough to not want to keep a bloke he loves the club as much as him. Hoppa is here for the coin and would drop us at a heartbeat for an upgrade, especially as his dad runs the show.

It is pretty likely that Garrick could have gone the other way, but instead wants to stay and fight, which is something all Manly players should have in their blood and a great thing to see amongst a player especially in this day and age.

could still make the top 4 with tom not injured. If we are keeping garrick and getting Saab, all we need is a good backup fullback and we are fine for depth. A backup fulltime hooker would go nicely too.
Could Saab play fullback? Runs the 100m in 11 seconds. Could be lethal as a running fullback, otherwise Funa would likely be backup and he will be better next year.
Definitely need to add a hooker/ utility to the squad

Saab !!! Really, he was so good at the goons he got pushed out by an 18 yr old country kid and a poor man's Sivo.

Could Saab play fullback? Runs the 100m in 11 seconds. Could be lethal as a running fullback, otherwise Funa would likely be backup and he will be better next year.
Definitely need to add a hooker/ utility to the squad
unsure, someone on her may know his history better than me.

Watching him he strikes me as a classic Tupou - tall, fast (faster), probably a bit gumpy with hands at some points, great in the air.

Not sure if he's fullback. Would be great to train Funa or Dylan there a fair bit over the preseason, or sign another player. Fusitu'a i'm sure could do it at fullback.

I'm happy with this.

Yup I keep bashing Garrick on this forum but I respect his will to be here and hope he can conquer his defensive issues this offseason, play confident and have a great 2021

I also listened to the chad Randall podcast.

he says tuitavake is the one to watch next year. Anyone see him play?

They have to find a spot in the squad for him,perfect middle forward with the new rule changes.
Good athlete,big motor,mobile,not a huge unit,could probably play on the edge if needed.Was really impressive in the trial this year.Local junior too..
Mentioned a couple of years back that he had a big future,hope he kicks on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4