New Winger - Christian Tuipulotu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You must of missed the last 20 posts that mentioned the bulldogs ... that weren't posted by me ?
Talking about the strength of their signings and roster not their coach.

Barret aside

Players signing with clubs isnt solely about the coach. Money is a big factor but just as big is opportunity.
Then contract length, playing roster, location etc etc etc all come into it

Ron, it would appear to me as an "impartial" observer ... that the only people that don't rate Baz highly ... are on this Forum .. Burton knocked back an equally large offer from Sharks because of his history with him ... Flannigan's manager is his Dad who is a Premiership winning coach, who also knocked back Sharks to have his son coached by Baz .. IF, and I repeat IF, JAC ends up at the doggies he will also have knocked back equally big offers from several clubs .. We, Des, among a couple of other clubs were also after Herrington who also chose to go to Baz ...
Thanks (Trent) @Woodsie

Barret aside

Players signing with clubs isnt solely about the coach. Money is a big factor but just as big is opportunity.

Fully agree with you .. and that supports the validity of my comments .. which were in response to the notion that the only reason players have gone there is because of a chegue book ... whatever people may wish to believe .. it appears a club that finished equal last, coached by Baz .. is not an impediment ..

Fully agree with you .. and that supports the validity of my comments .. which were in response to the notion that the only reason players have gone there is because of a chegue book ... whatever people may wish to believe .. it appears a club that finished equal last, coached by Baz .. is not an impediment ..
Oh yes agree

Look regardless of people opinions of him Barretts position had become untenable at Manly. All parties needed to move on.
Can he coach, absolutely, particularly in attack.
Is he the leader of men that can become a succesful and long term head coach, jury is out and he will have his chance at the Dogs to show if it is the case.

Either way it is a discussion we can probably put to bed on this forum.

To get back on track (and apologies for being on of those to derail) hopefully we will announce Tuipolutu in due course. Now is not the time for announcements with Keith's passing this week.

On recruitment we have time and poaching young talent should never be frowned upon.

Oh, thank you ! So I can still hang onto hope that we keep him ! I'd love all of Trbojevic, Hopoate, Saab, Suli, Walker, Schuster in our backline. Alternatively, I'd love Saab and Tuipulotu on the wings, but again, these are hopes.

In regards to The Dogs acquiring players like Cotric, Burton, and Addo-Carr (people are bagging Flannagan it seems), and the only reason being that huge money is being offered, it also doesn't seem players are falling over themselves to play under Des (although we are releasing quite a few that "don't want to be here") as some are putting it. A mate told me Koroisou will be joining Barrett when able as well.

I do agree with the summation their high end players aren't of the ilk of Manly's. I guess Will Hopoate, Josh Jackson (to a lesser degree Napa, DWZ & Hetherington) are as good as it gets, but adding Cotric, Addo-Carr, Burton, Koroisou will add to that I guess. I also think that machine Okunbor (if he can remain injury free), will be a complete beast (tore us a new arsehole this past season).

01. Josh Addo-Carr
02. Jayden Okunbor
03. Will Hopoate
04. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
05. Nick Cotric
06. Matt Burton
07. Kyle Flannagan
08. Dylan Napa
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Jack Hetherington
11. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
12. Adam Elliott
13. Josh Jackson

14. Nick Meaney
15. Luke Thompson
17. Corey Waddell

Not that great, even with their signings to be honest. Fair enough guys. Mind you, I'm not all over their roster like I am ours, so I may have even picked players out of position there.

Don't hold out any hope on Hoppa being here next year mate.

I don’t doubt that Baz is a lovely bloke. But players may be going to the Dogs right now 1) because they are paid overs and possibly 2) because Baz is likeable - but not because they want to be serious premiership contenders. Best case they will be nuisance value

and 3) they like getting on the beers

Oh yes agree

Look regardless of people opinions of him Barretts position had become untenable at Manly. All parties needed to move on.
Can he coach, absolutely, particularly in attack.
Is he the leader of men that can become a succesful and long term head coach, jury is out and he will have his chance at the Dogs to show if it is the case.

Either way it is a discussion we can probably put to bed on this forum.

To get back on track (and apologies for being on of those to derail) hopefully we will announce Tuipolutu in due course. Now is not the time for announcements with Keith's passing this week.

On recruitment we have time and poaching young talent should never be frowned upon.
Our attack was good in some games w/ barrett as coach (albeit inconsistent and could be shut down by some teams by pressuring the halves and containing taupau) but I don’t know if it was neccessarily strong attack. Like we really lacked structure and potency. It was a lot of second phase and individual stuff from tom, api, walker some years.

Kevvie ... the natural enemy of critical thinking ... surely you can do better ... and give us one of your hate filled tirades about how Baz will never coach in the NRL again etc etc ...
Critical thinking hey? Well I've read your critical opinion on so many topics here. You certainly don't shy away from offering it up. (Even when it comes to certain club legends) But I can't recall ever reading a critical appraisal by you about Trent Barrett. Very strange.

You just gush with compliments when it comes to Trent. He's a clever boy is Trent, the Panthers are minor premiers because of Trent, everyone thinks he's a great coach, the players love him etc etc...

Last edited:
Critical thinking hey? Well I've read your critical opinion on topics on here. You certainly don't why away from offering it up. (Even when it comes to certain club legends) But I can't recall ever reading a critical appraisal by you about Trent Barrett. Very strange.

Thank you ... by your response, you have confirmed that you have no idea what critical thinking is. ..

Barret aside

1606363800225.png

Ron, it would appear to me as an "impartial" observer ... that the only people that don't rate Baz highly ... are on this Forum .. Burton knocked back an equally large offer from Sharks because of his history with him ... Flannigan's manager is his Dad who is a Premiership winning coach, who also knocked back Sharks to have his son coached by Baz .. IF, and I repeat IF, JAC ends up at the doggies he will also have knocked back equally big offers from several clubs .. We, Des, among a couple of other clubs were also after Herrington who also chose to go to Baz ...
I reckon Baz has some obvious coaching credentials but you way you defend him to the death on here and slant everything mentioned of him as positive is a little strange. He certainly has his pros and cons and I know for a fact that Taupau was wanting out until Baz left and he 100% split the playing group when he was here. I can tell you that for an absolute fact. Is he the first coach to do that? No. Will he be the last? No. Does it mean he can't coach? No...

But get over him dude, he doesn't need you to pump his tires up on here all the time. He's moved on and so should everyone else on this forum.

I reckon Baz has some obvious coaching credentials but you way you defend him to the death on here and slant everything mentioned of him as positive is a little strange. He certainly has his pros and cons and I know for a fact that Taupau was wanting out until Baz left and he 100% split the playing group when he was here. I can tell you that for an absolute fact. Is he the first coach to do that? No. Will he be the last? No. Does it mean he can't coach? No...

But get over him dude, he doesn't need you to pump his tires up on here all the time. He's moved on and so should everyone else on this forum.
Marty didn’t like Dan Ferris as well, heard him talk about him something like ‘why would you listen to him about fitness when he was a fat...’

Thanks for the advice ... but I am not pumping up his tyres ... simply offering a different interpretation than the accepted, .. we lost games ... so I hate Barrett ... and everything he does is bad ... and as far as moving on .. I will repeat that every comment I make is in response to a post .. not initiating the topic ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4