New Winger - Christian Tuipulotu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But that's not the case, here is what's actually happened (as it stands):

Hoppa for no-one (Hoppa confirmed in Brisbane train and trial, Tuipulotu unofficial)
Metcalfe for Foz (official)
AFB for no-one (Tigers refusing a release for Aloiai)
Thommo for Davey (massive massive downgrade)
Elliott for no-one (Dragons refusing a release for Saab)
T rex for no-one - Sam Smith also gone (Garner hasn't signed anywhere, also not training here)
Levi for no-one (resigned a bloke who won't play for many, many months / years)
Waddell for Burbo (you think he'll play next season? Under Des?)

Heard everyone's whipping boy here just landed Matt Burton (will be huge), on top of Cotric, Flannagan, Hetherington, Topine, Waddell and oh, Josh Addo-Carr (for 2022 now). They finished 2 spots away from us on the ladder ?

There's projecting signings and activity, and reality.
Sorry man - you can look at things how you want and be all doom and gloom and kick the dog each morning when you get up. I on the other hand wake up - realise it is a great day because I am alive and healthy and that today will be a great day and that Manly will have some great signings in the coming weeks. I just have a different view of life and of following Manly. Now if they don't sign anyone of quality and they perform poorly next year I will be very vocal in my disappointment and be a vocal voice requesting change. But yes I wont deathride the club - I will wait with great hope as to what signings they make. Nothing wrong with your approach - not saying my approach is better or worse than yours just saying I live in the positive - just how I always have been in my life. Maybe you live in "reality" but simply - I always rather live in the glass is half full and every day above ground is a good day approach than living in "reality" whatever that might happen to be because in general .... "reality" is generally tangled up with disaster, gloom and what is wrong in life. I just have a different view my friend. Enjoy your day!

Have said all along .. and stick with it .. we already have a top 6-8 squad ... I am happy with the signing at the moment ... both real and imagined ... Foran I think adds a whole lot of value and depth as will Davey ..

but as Ryan has stated ... Aloaiaoiaoiai, Saab, Tupaloopa and Garner are not yet confirmed .. and as a grown up I find it difficult to get excited until they are ...

I know it it still a raw point .. but the tragic loss of Titmuss opens another spot in the 30 that needs filled ... and the loss of a depth prop ... makes the signing of Aloaoaioaiioai even more important ...

More important than signing another centre

Getting a professional performance from whoever plays hooker
Turbo not getting injured .
Adjusting to the new rules
Getting both our 2nd rowers to attack wide and link up with whoever the hell plays centre ..

Heard everyone's whipping boy here just landed Matt Burton (will be huge), on top of Cotric, Flannagan, Hetherington, Topine, Waddell and oh, Josh Addo-Carr (for 2022 now). They finished 2 spots away from us on the ladder ?

I've seen a few people talking up the Bulldogs like there is a revolution going on, but am I missing something?

Firstly you dis Aloai and Saab but then quote Burton who is a 2022 signing and Ado Carr who is not confirmed.

Then you mention Topine......he was at the dogs this year he is not a new signing
Are you confusing him with Tapine the Raiders backrower?

So lets look at 2021

That leaves next years signings Cotric, Flanagan, Hetherington and Waddell.

Flanagan was a solid player surrounded by stars at the Roosters and they were happy to dump him. Not a bad player but not going to be the saviour at the Dogs. Makes me think of Croft at the Broncos.
I bet he has less try assists and linebreak assists then Foran did for them in 2019.

Hetherington replaces Tolman. The kid has some spark but is a walking suspension and to be honest think he is overated just because people love a firebrand. Dylan Napa back in the day anyone?

Cotric, good player I'll give them that, but unproven at centre and wont be running off Wighton, Hodgson, Williams

Waddell......our cast off, at full strength a push to make our 17

I look at their team with Flanagan, Lewis and Marshell-King steering with ship and think they will miss a half busted Foran more than they accept.

If they get Burton that helps but a lot of pressure on 2 young halves with not great pieces around them

Last edited:
I've seen a few people talking up the Bulldogs like there is a revolution going on, but am I missing something?

Firstly you dis Aloai and Saab but then quote Burton who is a 2022 signing and Ado Carr who is not confirmed.

Then you mention Topine......he was at the dogs this year he is not a new signing
Are you confusing him with Tapine the Raiders backrower?

So lets look at 2021

That leaves next years signings Cotric, Flanagan, Hetherington and Waddell.

Flanagan was a solid player surrounded by stars at the Roosters and they were happy to dump him. Not a bad player but not going to be the saviour at the Dogs. Makes me think of Croft at the Broncos.
I bet he has less try assists and linebreak assists then Foran did for them in 2019.

Hetherington replaces Tolman. The kid has some spark but is a walking suspension and to be honest think he is overated just because people love a firebrand. Dylan Napa back in the day anyone?

Cotric, good player I'll give them that, but unproven at centre and wont be running off Wighton, Hodgson, Williams

Waddell......our cast off, at full strength a push to make our 17

I look at their team with Flanagan, Lewis and Marshell-King steering with ship and think they will miss a half busted Foran more than they accept.

If they get Burton that helps but a lot of pressure on 2 young halves with not great pieces around them
Hey Disco - great post! I was going to argue the points... glad I didn't. I read how great the Bulldogs signings supposedly were - rolled my eyes and moved on. I couldn't have done anywhere near as good of a job as you have. I just love the clarity of your rebuttal of the arguments about how great their future signings and maybe signings are yet people are taking the p?!s of our projected possible signings. Please respond to all posts on my behalf in future lol.

Sorry man - you can look at things how you want and be all doom and gloom and kick the dog each morning when you get up. I on the other hand wake up - realise it is a great day because I am alive and healthy and that today will be a great day and that Manly will have some great signings in the coming weeks. I just have a different view of life and of following Manly. Now if they don't sign anyone of quality and they perform poorly next year I will be very vocal in my disappointment and be a vocal voice requesting change. But yes I wont deathride the club - I will wait with great hope as to what signings they make. Nothing wrong with your approach - not saying my approach is better or worse than yours just saying I live in the positive - just how I always have been in my life. Maybe you live in "reality" but simply - I always rather live in the glass is half full and every day above ground is a good day approach than living in "reality" whatever that might happen to be because in general .... "reality" is generally tangled up with disaster, gloom and what is wrong in life. I just have a different view my friend. Enjoy your day!

My head hurts!

Have said all along .. and stick with it .. we already have a top 6-8 squad ... I am happy with the signing at the moment ... both real and imagined ... Foran I think adds a whole lot of value and depth as will Davey ..

but as Ryan has stated ... Aloaiaoiaoiai, Saab, Tupaloopa and Garner are not yet confirmed .. and as a grown up I find it difficult to get excited until they are ...

I know it it still a raw point .. but the tragic loss of Titmuss opens another spot in the 30 that needs filled ... and the loss of a depth prop ... makes the signing of Aloaoaioaiioai even more important ...

More important than signing another centre

Getting a professional performance from whoever plays hooker
Turbo not getting injured .
Adjusting to the new rules
Getting both our 2nd rowers to attack wide and link up with whoever the hell plays centre ..
Agree with everything but for the part about the 2nd rowers... 2nd rowers are supposed to run lines, not ball play. That's the job of the halves - either play short, or out the back. In fact, a lot of people here are talking about Siro not passing wide. 2nd rowers (as opposed to locks) aren't supposed to - there are exceptions (wade graham, John bateman, etc) but this is not the norm. Fans weren't happy with Siro always cutting back to the ruck. And fair enough, but most likely this was at the request of Des/Chez. Chez is a right-foot kicker, and I assume with all 5th tackle plays resting on his shoulders, it makes sense that he/Des needed the ruck centre/left towards the end of sets so defenders are running at his left thus giving him more time to put in a kick. Again, this would have been in response to the lack of playmakers in the team. Apologies, just thought I'd get that off my chest!

Last edited:

I'm not sure stating what has actually happened (or not happened in our case) as death-riding the club? People are excited about all these apparent signings (Canterbury Cup players), that have yet to materialize? We had a full off season of hearing how Pearce had signed with us a few seasons ago, and how did that go?

You're just expecting contracts to be broken, so it gives you a feel good, buzz for your day, then good for you mate.

Our signings: Kieran Foran (30), Andrew Davey (29)
Our losses: Corey Waddell (24), Sam Smith (22), Luke Metclaf (21), Albert Hopoate (19), Joel Thompson (32), Addin Fonua-Blake (25), Brendan Elliott (26), Danny Levi (24), Tony Williams (31)

Players coming off "long term" injury: Jorge Taufua, Tom Trbojevic, Moses Suli
Players unavailable due to "stand down rule": Manase Fainu
Players potentially unavailable due to off field behaviour: Dylan Walker
Then we've lost an amazing fellow in Keith which is heartbreaking @:cry:

When we get some good news, I'll celebrate, deal? As it stands, we have less depth today than we had at the start of last season, and that was already our achilles heel. If you want me to imagine up some make believe signings to be happy with the club, I'm more than happy to oblige.

Last edited:
I'm not sure stating what has actually happened (or not happened in our case) as death-riding the club? People are excited about all these apparent signings (Canterbury Cup players), that have yet to materialize? We had a full off season of hearing how Pearce had signed with us a few seasons ago, and how did that go?

You're just expecting contracts to be broken, so it gives you a feel good, buzz for your day, then good for you mate.

Our losses: Corey Waddell (24), Sam Smith (22), Luke Metclaf (21), Albert Hopoate (19), Joel Thompson (32), Addin Fonua-Blake (25), Brendan Elliott (26), Danny Levi (24), Tony Williams (31)

When we get some good news, I'll celebrate, deal? As it stands, we have less depth today than we had at the start of last season, and that was already our achilles heel. If you want me to imagine up some make believe signings to be happy with the club, I'm more than happy to oblige.
For the sake of completeness; however, you can consider Schuster as a gain to the seventeen and the most exciting prospect coming through of any club. We also have young Koula which offsets Hopoate - similar age and experience but much, much faster.

If we had signed these two from another club we would be raving at how great it was. The fact is Schuster will play and Koula is a shot at some stage of the season. They alone won’t win us a comp, but it is something to be excited about.

All good man - enjoy your day!

Our losses: Corey Waddell (24), Sam Smith (22), Luke Metclaf (21), Albert Hopoate (19), Joel Thompson (32), Addin Fonua-Blake (25), Brendan Elliott (26), Danny Levi (24), Tony Williams (31

Which of these players is a huge loss?

AFB? Didnt want to be here.

Thommo? At the end of his career & looking for his retirement fund final contract, which is fair enough, he's been a servant of the game & given his all but Manly were honest & said they weren't going to make him a big offer (both $$$ or duration-wise) so he & the club appear to have amicably agreed that he'll depart for ESL.

The rest won't be missed.

4 things stuffed our season last year tom hamstring, lack of adapting to 6 again, lack of genuine hooker and wingers without mobility of height.
The first one far outweighs anything else Tom when fit is among best 2 or 3 players in comp when fit that's it in nutshell look at him origin.
I have no doubt our coaching staff will be onto this fairly quickly and we will be much better and more mobile.
The hooker situation seems still fairly hazy foran or cust until fainu out of the woods. As for Walker he not been stood down so imo he playing so no issue there.
Wingers we working on no doubt Jorge has Achilles so he be out for fair while and Garrick no shoe in and competing will be likes of Funa, Koula, Harper, Parker and kid from roosters. I believe this area will see improvement from last season.
As for loses Thommo was way down in form from season before, Davey not his replacement he a bench replacement for waddell who did not set world on fire while he was here. This season is perfect for Goewiski to make spot his own and believe he has agression to do that.
Afb I don't see issue here at all, Paseka was big shining light in our season and walks straight into starting.
Josh Schuster a star that is pretty clear so he make a huge difference and I can see a few more kids making step up. Very sad about young titmus it will affect younger kids in squad.
The Aloiai and Saab yes it may happen but it may not.

4 things stuffed our season last year tom hamstring, lack of adapting to 6 again, lack of genuine hooker and wingers without mobility of height.
The first one far outweighs anything else Tom when fit is among best 2 or 3 players in comp when fit that's it in nutshell look at him origin.
I have no doubt our coaching staff will be onto this fairly quickly and we will be much better and more mobile.
The hooker situation seems still fairly hazy foran or cust until fainu out of the woods. As for Walker he not been stood down so imo he playing so no issue there.
Wingers we working on no doubt Jorge has Achilles so he be out for fair while and Garrick no shoe in and competing will be likes of Funa, Koula, Harper, Parker and kid from roosters. I believe this area will see improvement from last season.
As for loses Thommo was way down in form from season before, Davey not his replacement he a bench replacement for waddell who did not set world on fire while he was here. This season is perfect for Goewiski to make spot his own and believe he has agression to do that.
Afb I don't see issue here at all, Paseka was big shining light in our season and walks straight into starting.
Josh Schuster a star that is pretty clear so he make a huge difference and I can see a few more kids making step up. Very sad about young titmus it will affect younger kids in squad.
The Aloiai and Saab yes it may happen but it may not.
Nice

But that's not the case, here is what's actually happened (as it stands):

Hoppa for no-one (Hoppa confirmed in Brisbane train and trial, Tuipulotu unofficial)
Metcalfe for Foz (official)
AFB for no-one (Tigers refusing a release for Aloiai)
Thommo for Davey (massive massive downgrade)
Elliott for no-one (Dragons refusing a release for Saab)
T rex for no-one - Sam Smith also gone (Garner hasn't signed anywhere, also not training here)
Levi for no-one (resigned a bloke who won't play for many, many months / years)
Waddell for Burbo (you think he'll play next season? Under Des?)

There's projecting signings and activity, and reality.
Hoppa is not on a train and trial contract with the Broncos...that's Albert Kelly.

Also, all this talk about the Dogs recruitment...the reason they can sign more players than Manly is because they have an empty cabinet...we have the current QLD winning Captain and Tom T amongst a host of other stars. As for Burton and Flanagan, they don't have the talent of Josh Schuster...and besides, Burton is an untried rookie and Flanagan couldn't get the best roster over the line this year, so what makes you think he'll improve the Dogs any? He is solid and nothing else. Definitely not explosive.

Also, all this talk about the Dogs recruitment...the reason they can sign more players than Manly is because they have an empty cabinet...we have the current QLD winning Captain and Tom T amongst a host of other stars. As for Burton and Flanagan, they don't have the talent of Josh Schuster...and besides, Burton is an untried rookie and Flanagan couldn't get the best roster over the line this year, so what makes you think he'll improve the Dogs any? He is solid and nothing else. Definitely not explosive.
Agree, Snake. It's not T-Baz who's getting players to the Dogs, it's money, pure and simple. Makes the world go around, apparently, and definitely makes a huge difference in the NRL. The Blue Steel gaze will only get you so far.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4