New Winger - Christian Tuipulotu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't know what everyone's hard on is with moving our backs into the forwards.
its more the fact that he offers extremely minimal attacking value in the centres compared to walker, suli, funa even. harper probably too.

He would be the perfect bench forward - a second rower who can also cover centre - something Gosiewski ahs covered lately. Not saying he should be starting 2 row but I don't see him as a quality option at centre anymore... his defense is his best attribute and all the best centres these days have that in the complete opposite - manu, staggs, crichton etc

Sick of our outside backs being trash in attack. Need some flair with walker, suli stepping up, not with parker at centre. Would finally relieve some pressure on Tommy. And Parker clearly isn't going anywhere next year.

Walker
Suli
Garrick
Taufua
Parker
Harper
Funa
This new guy
Saab
Surely we can't have 9 players in our squad to fill 4 positions. Yet still no sign of a 9.
My bet is we either missed Saab or another outside back will be released to accommodate Saab.
My wish is that Jorge is moving on!!!!
Erin Molan would be wrapped if we can just keep calling him ‘this new guy’ .@:p

Hoppa for Tuipulotu
Metcalfe for Foz
AFB for Aloiai
Thommo for Davey
Elliott for Saab
T rex for Garner
Levi for .......
Waddell for Burbo

If we do get the signings we are after or at least "like for like" then our squad is looking miles better than last year. Other than AFB they are all upgrades. A Levi replacement is still a must, surely! Add to this guys like Keppie, Paseka, Gosiewski, Funa, Cust now ready to step up. Schuster and Olokauatu look stars in the making, you'd have to think its pretty exciting times ahead especially if we can stay relatively injury free.
Totally agree - as opposed to the perennial doomsdayers on here lol. Saab Aloiai and Garner would make this a great offseason even without a 9!

It's called cap management, and the young fellow is a quality player.
Look I am not saying this kid is the next Ken Irvine or the next Jamie Lyon but what I will be excited about and already am very positive about is the youth policy (besides Foran as a guiding light) - we will have Turbo, Funa, Suli, Harper, this kid, Garrick, hopefully Saab, Schu in the backline mix and then add them to experienced hands Walker and DCE that is one exciting backline. If we then add Guacomole, Aloiai and Garner yes ifs but I am guessing the are likely and then young Fainu (forgetting old Fainu at the moment) and Burbo gee this is a young but exciting side. People need to get on board - see all the positives and stop moaning because we didn't sign Tedesco, Crighton, Cleary, Papalii and all signed on minimum $100k contracts! Now yes Guacomole and Schu should have got more playing time last year - a terrible error but it seems clear that management are setting us up for a long run of exciting times. Now will the plan come to fruition as planned - who knows and there will be some players who dont cut the mustard but in the salary cap era - having potential young guns loaded across the team to me is a pretty damn smart way to try and win a premiership. We still have to formally sign these players so still ifs in play but the drums keep beating loud about all 4.

Last edited:
Hoppa for Tuipulotu
Metcalfe for Foz
AFB for Aloiai
Thommo for Davey
Elliott for Saab
T rex for Garner
Levi for .......
Waddell for Burbo

If we do get the signings we are after or at least "like for like" then our squad is looking miles better than last year. Other than AFB they are all upgrades. A Levi replacement is still a must, surely! Add to this guys like Keppie, Paseka, Gosiewski, Funa, Cust now ready to step up. Schuster and Olokauatu look stars in the making, you'd have to think its pretty exciting times ahead especially if we can stay relatively injury free.
Totally agree Robbo

Walker
Suli
Garrick
Taufua
Parker
Harper
Funa
This new guy
Saab
Surely we can't have 9 players in our squad to fill 4 positions. Yet still no sign of a 9.
My bet is we either missed Saab or another outside back will be released to accommodate Saab.
My wish is that Jorge is moving on!!!!
There is also Koula and Ben T, I agree the balance doesn’t look the best with certain positions.

Heavy in the centres / wing positions.

Heavy in the middle forwards.

Light on with no reserve hooker, with halves filling the position.

Light on with no reserve halfback, assuming Cust and Croker are our hookers.

Light on in edge backrowers, assuming Ds continues to use Guaca as amiddle option, we only have JetSki, Davey and Sirro.

Happy with the signings of Saab and Tuipulotu, both are upgrades for our team.

Hey Wheel - just read Canberra were the favoured destination - from your view just a thumbs up if you think this is pretty certain if you have any insights? Thank you mate - certainly appreciate Mitch and your views.
All I know is what was on Twitter, tbh I have never heard of this young fella, hence earlier post about always wait for official confirmation from the club. Suggest there won’t be much coming out of the club this week for obvious reasons

All I know is what was on Twitter, tbh I have never heard of this young fella, hence earlier post about always wait for official confirmation from the club. Suggest there won’t be much coming out of the club this week for obvious reasons
Thank you mate - appreciate the clarification. Sorry for asking.

There is also Koula and Ben T, I agree the balance doesn’t look the best with certain positions.

Heavy in the centres / wing positions.

Heavy in the middle forwards.

Light on with no reserve hooker, with halves filling the position.

Light on with no reserve halfback, assuming Cust and Croker are our hookers.

Light on in edge backrowers, assuming Ds continues to use Guaca as amiddle option, we only have JetSki, Davey and Sirro.

Happy with the signings of Saab and Tuipulotu, both are upgrades for our team.
possibly Haumole and Burbo will be edge forwards

Totally agree - as opposed to the perennial doomsdayers on here lol. Saab Aloiai and Garner would make this a great offseason even without a 9!

But that's not the case, here is what's actually happened (as it stands):

Hoppa for no-one (Hoppa confirmed in Brisbane train and trial, Tuipulotu unofficial)
Metcalfe for Foz (official)
AFB for no-one (Tigers refusing a release for Aloiai)
Thommo for Davey (massive massive downgrade)
Elliott for no-one (Dragons refusing a release for Saab)
T rex for no-one - Sam Smith also gone (Garner hasn't signed anywhere, also not training here)
Levi for no-one (resigned a bloke who won't play for many, many months / years)
Waddell for Burbo (you think he'll play next season? Under Des?)

Heard everyone's whipping boy here just landed Matt Burton (will be huge), on top of Cotric, Flannagan, Hetherington, Topine, Waddell and oh, Josh Addo-Carr (for 2022 now). They finished 2 spots away from us on the ladder ?

There's projecting signings and activity, and reality.

But that's not the case, here is what's actually happened (as it stands):

Hoppa for no-one (Hoppa confirmed in Brisbane train and trial, Tuipulotu unofficial)
Metcalfe for Foz (official)
AFB for no-one (Tigers refusing a release for Aloiai)
Thommo for Davey (massive massive downgrade)
Elliott for no-one (Dragons refusing a release for Saab)
T rex for no-one - Sam Smith also gone (Garner hasn't signed anywhere, also not training here)
Levi for no-one (resigned a bloke who won't play for many, many months / years)
Waddell for Burbo (you think he'll play next season? Under Des?)

Heard everyone's whipping boy here just landed Matt Burton (will be huge), on top of Cotric, Flannagan, Hetherington, Topine, Waddell and oh, Josh Addo-Carr (for 2022 now). They finished 2 spots away from us on the ladder ?

There's projecting signings and activity, and reality.
But the reality is we will get like for like even of we miss the players above. We have shown our intentions with signings and although a little behind the 8 ball we will end up with the squad we want. I have no doubts about that

But the reality is we will get like for like even of we miss the players above. We have shown our intentions with signings and although a little behind the 8 ball we will end up with the squad we want. I have no doubts about that
I love your optimism!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4