New Traveling Supportahs Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi everyone,

You may now notice that we have a new forum, http://www.silvertails.net/forums/index.php?board=35.0

This is for all of the traveling supportahs information and chat.

Please head over, it will slowly start to fill soon

Dan

Thanks Dan...and please feel free to add comments, ask questions, make suggestions.....my aim is to make the MWTS a "Juggernaught" that's the envy of every other NRL club.

I already have hundreds and hundreds of members on my e-mail data base BUT would love some more...costs nothing, nada, zero, to be on the list...you just have to e-mail me to get on board  [email protected]

Once on you'll get all the updates for anything to do with the MWTS and opportunities to join them on a trip somewhere....BUT I do warn you they are VERY VERY addictive.....just ask any of the regulars.

Dan, just a suggestion, do you think that it might be worthwhile making this a "Sticky" thread until everybody gets used to the fact that there is now a separate forum for the Traveling Supportahs? 

You could even leave it as a "Sticky" and Mark can post that there is new info available in the new forum every week or whenever he has new info to post.  I don't know what everybody else is like but I know that I don't really venture out of this forum to other areas of the Silvertails website other than submitting articles and if there was an unread icon in this thread when new info became available it would make me more inclined to venture into the new forum to have a look.

i try to keep an eye on all forums for obvious reasons. i will make it sticky but not a permenant one as we already probably have too many of those as it is

See latest details on Gold Coast weekend in the MWTS Forums, lots of things happening for the entire weekend NOT just Friday night!!

I have heard so many comments as to how vocal the supporters are at Away games. On both radio and TV (when we actually get a live game - on the Dragon bye weekends) the Manly chant is eerily loud. Keep up the good work.

Last night they were vocal - after it was clear we were going to be flogged it started getting abusive. Rather be a looser than a westie & quite a lot of other crap spouted. A lot of foul language. Probably the first time I saw the police & security walking through our supporters.
I was sitting with my kids & wasn't really impressed by it.

Jerry1 link said:
Last night they were vocal - after it was clear we were going to be flogged it started getting abusive. Rather be a looser than a westie & quite a lot of other crap spouted. A lot of foul language. Probably the first time I saw the police & security walking through our supporters.

Hi Jerry

I understand what you are saying and thought I would reply to your complaints in regards to what happened at Penrith.

There are 2 parts to your post and I will look at each part separately.

1) Security and Police: The security and police have always been there, especially when you have a loud group that is in an area that is not defined specifically for the away supporters. They become more visible the larger a group we have and who we are playing (eg. they were very small in numbers in GC because the Titans fans were on the other side of the ground, while at Melbourne we had 85 of us but the Melbourne fans were all around us and easily outnumbered us. The noise and quality didn't change). This is a precautionary measure that has nothing to do with what is being said. The cops advised me that they were only up there to prevent any problems as there wasn’t a defined area. This happened in Melbourne and has also happened at Bulldogs games and many others. It isn’t anything against the group or our actions but it is a way to ensure that our families and friends aren’t abused/assaulted when there is no way to stop the home fans from standing where we are.
2) The swearing/chants: we are a self-managing group and on top of that we are a great and welcoming bunch of people. We have unwritten rules that include appropriate behaviour. However, when you add alcohol as well as people that aren’t a part of the group (that don’t know these rules) together the swearing can happen sometimes. In these cases, it is usual that people are taken to one side to let them know they are crossing the line (especially as there in an increase in the number of families that congregate with the group) and this is usually taken well and people calm down

The MWTS are growing in numbers and are a lot of fun to be with and pretty well behaved for such a large noisy group– sorry if the actions of a few idiots who tagged on with us spoiled things for you and your kids.
Remember of course that you are well within your rights to complain to security if people are being a problem and they will generally act pretty swiftly to remove people and you don't have to put yourself at risk - Those who were at Etihad earlier in the season with us will remember the 4 or 5 local guys in their early twenties that sat in front of the Manly fans and started making a nuisance of themselves but were moved on pretty quickly when security realised what was happening - Security also came and had a chat with some Tigers fans who sat in our section at the round 1 game at the SFS (even though they were no trouble and were just sitting with some friends who were Eagles fans).

Jono

I think the only time we're generally had any trouble from security was the Brisbane game in 2009 and he called in the police. The police turned around and told him to pull his head. The security at Suncorp is notoriously known for being a bunch of meathead's towards opposition supporter's.

Ant80 link said:
I think the only time we're generally had any trouble from security was the Brisbane game in 2009 and he called in the police. The police turned around and told him to pull his head. The security at Suncorp is notoriously known for being a bunch of meathead's towards opposition supporter's.

I was there when that happened - one well known supporter from the Shire (whose wife is a mad Sharks fan) was apparently told by the same guy that it was OK to chant "but to do it quieter”

When the same security guy called the police officer over later to speak to someone else the officer asked those around the guy as to whether he was being “annoying” or causing anyone “any trouble”  and when he received negatives in the response from a fair few people he told security that the supporter didn’t appear intoxicated and was causing no trouble and as Ant80 says “to pull his head in and stop spoiling people’s fun” – Much smirking from our lot and seething from the wannabe paramilitary peace keeper.

Jono, pretty much spot on, I was over on the left of you guys on Friday with Tony, Corso and Miss Kate et al and didn’t see any bother or mischief.

We had a bit of banter with some locals that were on the cans and were stood behind you guys and me and Tony at various stages – no dramas really although we didn’t have a lot to give them back with the result of course…

Jerry1 link said:

Well, I for one would rather be a loser than a westie. There's always the next game.

I'm amazed you could hear all of that from way over in the family section Jerry. It was louder than I thought.

Duff link said:
[quote author=Jerry1 link=topic=183470.msg269890#msg269890 date=1277538308]

Well, I for one would rather be a loser than a westie. There's always the next game.

I'm amazed you could hear all of that from way over in the family section Jerry. It was louder than I thought.
[/quote]

Mate - I am at every home & away game. I sit wherever the away supporters sit every away match. At home games I sit in front of the beer hut slightly to the right of the beer hut as you look up at it - always welcome to come & say G'day. All I was saying is this was the first time I thought our lot's behavior was not good.

I've been at plenty of matches where I've seen a lot worse from other teams & generally our guys are exemplary. This time it wasn't - no big issue but I think it deserved to be mentioned. I've not seen it before in ten years of traveling.

In fact last year at Penrith I can remember having beer thrown over us by pissed panthers fans on the hill.

We weren't anywhere near that bad.

Yeah, sounds like you're right in front of us at Brooky.

Everyone has their opinions on swearing, so I don't want to get into that one. I just don't know why you're even mentioning songs that don't have swearing in them. It's not golf. Rugby League is tribal warfare.

Jono link said:
[quote author=Jerry1 link=topic=183470.msg269890#msg269890 date=1277538308]

Hi Jerry

I understand what you are saying and thought I would reply to your complaints in regards to what happened at Penrith.

There are 2 parts to your post and I will look at each part separately.

1) Security and Police: The security and police have always been there, especially when you have a loud group that is in an area that is not defined specifically for the away supporters. They become more visible the larger a group we have and who we are playing (eg. they were very small in numbers in GC because the Titans fans were on the other side of the ground, while at Melbourne we had 85 of us but the Melbourne fans were all around us and easily outnumbered us. The noise and quality didn't change). This is a precautionary measure that has nothing to do with what is being said. The cops advised me that they were only up there to prevent any problems as there wasn’t a defined area. This happened in Melbourne and has also happened at Bulldogs games and many others. It isn’t anything against the group or our actions but it is a way to ensure that our families and friends aren’t abused/assaulted when there is no way to stop the home fans from standing where we are.
2) The swearing/chants: we are a self-managing group and on top of that we are a great and welcoming bunch of people. We have unwritten rules that include appropriate behaviour. However, when you add alcohol as well as people that aren’t a part of the group (that don’t know these rules) together the swearing can happen sometimes. In these cases, it is usual that people are taken to one side to let them know they are crossing the line (especially as there in an increase in the number of families that congregate with the group) and this is usually taken well and people calm down

The MWTS are growing in numbers and are a lot of fun to be with and pretty well behaved for such a large noisy group– sorry if the actions of a few idiots who tagged on with us spoiled things for you and your kids.
Remember of course that you are well within your rights to complain to security if people are being a problem and they will generally act pretty swiftly to remove people and you don't have to put yourself at risk - Those who were at Etihad earlier in the season with us will remember the 4 or 5 local guys in their early twenties that sat in front of the Manly fans and started making a nuisance of themselves but were moved on pretty quickly when security realised what was happening - Security also came and had a chat with some Tigers fans who sat in our section at the round 1 game at the SFS (even though they were no trouble and were just sitting with some friends who were Eagles fans).

Jono

[/quote]
Bull**** jono
your just a trouble maker from way back
you and your trench coat ;)

im with Duffy i would rather be a loser than a westie :)

I hope the Westie song got a hammering

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=183470.msg271222#msg271222 date=1278043959]
The cops didn't give us any greif once they realised you weren't with us Cambo.

Would have felt a lot safer bending over too
[/quote]
serious KE what is it with you and the Gay jokes
are you a closet case or something

deadset you clown :p

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4