New stadium upgrades

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

qldeagle

Bencher
For SydneyPosted: 19 August, 2015 by Triple M NRL
parramatta-stadium-pirtek-hayne-628.jpg

Sydney could get three new sports arenas, worth $1.85 billion over a decade, a confidential government report has revealed.

The plan includes an $800 million venue toreplace Allianz stadium in Moore Park, a brand new $150 million indoor arena in the CBD, a $300 million venue at Parramatta replacing Pirtek Stadium, plus a $300 million upgrade at Homebush's ANZ Stadium, according to News Corp Australia.

The report is expected to be considered by Premier Mike Baird's cabinet within the next month.

The report, written by former NSW Liberal leader John Brogden for the Baird government, calls on support from sporting codes including the NRL and Football Federation Australia to help fund the upgrades. - AAP Reports

What about Brookie Oval!!!

Its a great shame that Brooky doesnt get upgraded. I really hope the Penn's can make that happen. It needs to be done in the next 5 years or I fear it will be an impossible dream.

Let down again by the federal & state govt..... The head honcho's are all local residents.....

its disgusting,especially when you consider pirtek stadium is way newer than Brookie and is still in good nick
The Western Sydney Wanderers also use Parramatta Stadium and has average attendances of 15,000. I would think this is the main reason as to why that stadium is getting an upgrade.

Also if the NRL wants to have its Western Sydney teams playing in the one stadium, it can have Eels, Tigers, Panthers and Bulldogs play at Parramatta in the 30-35,000 seater stadium. Due to the stadium being used more often, it will achieve economies of scale so ticket prices will decrease and should see higher crowds.

Last edited:
For SydneyPosted: 19 August, 2015 by Triple M NRL
parramatta-stadium-pirtek-hayne-628.jpg

Sydney could get three new sports arenas, worth $1.85 billion over a decade, a confidential government report has revealed.

The plan includes an $800 million venue toreplace Allianz stadium in Moore Park, a brand new $150 million indoor arena in the CBD, a $300 million venue at Parramatta replacing Pirtek Stadium, plus a $300 million upgrade at Homebush's ANZ Stadium, according to News Corp Australia.

The report is expected to be considered by Premier Mike Baird's cabinet within the next month.

The report, written by former NSW Liberal leader John Brogden for the Baird government, calls on support from sporting codes including the NRL and Football Federation Australia to help fund the upgrades. - AAP Reports

What about Brookie Oval!!!
Why do friggin Parramatta get looked after all the time, rebuild Cumberland oval that's all they need, it's about time the government did something for the eagles, with our success rate surely we are deserving of better !!

Pirtek is 10 mins away from ANZ. Move Parra and the WSW to ANZ everyone else has had to move there. When it comes to Parra and WSW a boutique stadium is aparently the only way to go, but for Manly bad luck we are crazy thinking suburban grounds are right we should have to move a 1.5 hour drive to ALLIANZ??? What a joke. Western Sydney leeching all the money from goverment.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6