Announcement New Site Features

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that we have now enabled push notifications with Silvertails, these will work on your phone as long as you are not using safari. Any other browser should allow you to get push alerts from Silvertails direct to your device.

Additionally in the near future we are looking at generating a PWA (Progressive Web App). This is going to provide an app like experience to Silvertails for your phones. I will provide more on this once we get further down the track. Later we may look at a full web app if needs suffice, however providing App like features such as push and dedicated home screen buttons should allow you an almost identical experience to an app.

Dan

Thanks Dan. Excuse my ol fart ignorance but what does enabling 'push notifications' do?

I denied the notifications as I feel that any is too many.
Just personal preference

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that we have now enabled push notifications with Silvertails, these will work on your phone as long as you are not using safari. Any other browser should allow you to get push alerts from Silvertails direct to your device.

Additionally in the near future we are looking at generating a PWA (Progressive Web App). This is going to provide an app like experience to Silvertails for your phones. I will provide more on this once we get further down the track. Later we may look at a full web app if needs suffice, however providing App like features such as push and dedicated home screen buttons should allow you an almost identical experience to an app.

Dan
Thank you Dan for your great effort in making our great Manly forum possible :h:

That noise you can hear is a 'trigger' of male boomers all googling what a notification is.

@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D:wondering::p@:cool:@:cool:@:cool::cool:
jeez

a push notification is an alert on your phone (or desktop for that matter). So the alerts from this site can be directed straight to your phone as a notification/Alert and you can click on it to dive straight to the content on the site

@Dan can you add a 'page' selector to the top of the thread as well? While trolling the broncos forum I notice there is a page selector at the top and bottom of each thread page. Makes it easier to get where you want to go.

Just a thought. Cheers.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9