New Realism at Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
It seems to me that the club has had a long hard look at itself in the past period and the players have decided to lift their games in order to develop a winning culture. Instead of being competitive we are now winning close games and coming from behind.

After a loss BK stands up and say that Burns and Co are stupid in giving penalties away and chatting back to refs. Hasler talks about dumb penalties etc. Kite admits that his form wasn't up to standard. Orford apologises to his team mates when he makes a mistake.

Noone is making excuses, there is no protected species and it is clear that mediocrity won't be tolerated.

What is really funny is that this is exactly what posters on this forum have been saying all along for the past two years. Despite being castigated for being critical and negative the things we have been saying have been dealt with by the coaching staff who don't pander us with the "the players are doing their best", "they bleed maroon and white" and "you aren't true supporters if you haven't got nice things to say!"

It is not my aim to puff up my chest (cause I am sure the staff didn't get their ideas from here :lol: ) but rather to congratulate them on working to change the culture and move towards winning. What really pleases me is that there is huge scope for further improvement in the side and with a good run we are a chance of making a mark in this premiership.

To all those negative narks who have criticized those people who have been supposedly negative and critical on this site, do note that the same things posted are being said by the players and maybe they should accept that this is not negativity on behalf of fans but rather knowledge on what is really needed to produce a top flight footy team that can mix it with the best. Here ends the rant!!! :violin: :violin: :violin:

I felt there was never any question that people could have their say on not liking certain players because of their form, saying they should be in PL, sacked whatever. It was where posters started with more personal attacks with gutless name calling where I for one would reply, offering my own attacks on these posters - to which if you can recall none were taken kindly. My point was proved right there.

Dislike players, don't choose them in your side, say you want them sacked - whatever, but who wants to read a gutless post calling certain players all the names under the sun.

it was freakin' boring.

To anyone who thinks we have to like everything players or the club does, yeah, read CW's post again.

I felt there was never any question that people could have their say on not liking certain players because of their form, saying they should be in PL, sacked whatever. It was where posters started with more personal attacks with gutless name calling where I for one would reply, offering my own attacks on these posters - to which if you can recall none were taken kindly. My point was proved right there.

Dislike players, don't choose them in your side, say you want them sacked - whatever, but who wants to read a gutless post calling certain players all the names under the sun.

it was freakin' boring.

To anyone who thinks we have to like everything players or the club does, yeah, read CW's post again.

Well said CW on your initial post agree totally!
As far as your additive Barks, wtf you make very little sense- why would you even bother???

I felt there was never any question that people could have their say on not liking certain players because of their form, saying they should be in PL, sacked whatever.

It was where posters started with more personal attacks with gutless name calling where I for one would reply, offering my own attacks on these posters - to which if you can recall none were taken kindly. My point was proved right there.

it was freakin' boring.
"I felt there was never any question that people could have their say on not liking certain players because of their form, saying they should be in PL, sacked whatever"
Bull**** Barks. Youve had a bad attitude to any critical comments about Manly or the Manly players which dont accord to your wishes.

"It was where posters started with more personal attacks with gutless name calling where I for one would reply, offering my own attacks on these posters - to which if you can recall none were taken kindly. My point was proved right there"
Bull**** hero,,,,,you are one delussional fuknuckle.........where on earth did you ever prove your point. Not once. And are you so very sure you have never name called. I dont think so. Ive never named called a manly player but youve sure attacked me for being critical of Manly's performance. All because i have an opinion.

"Dislike players, don't choose them in your side, say you want them sacked - whatever, but who wants to read a gutless post calling certain players all the names under the sun"
I view this post of yours as the most gutless of all Barks. Not the others who post here. Yes you Barks. You sneak in & comment and then sneak out, disappear and then sneak the fuk in like today and have another dig. People here have quite often been critical of players and situations. All of a sudden you want to surface and lay the blame game at the feet of the people here who offer their opinions of the players and their performances. Thats their right. But you stand out as the one who comes here and has the audacity to pretend that you know better. Show us how you know better. Im waiting.

"it was freakin' boring"
You have said this **** before. Good, if your bored with this site and the contents thereof, piss off.

[quote author=Canteen Worker]

Pete, you are a realist - you even admitted you once wore a safari suit. 8)

Isnt the realist the alter ego of someone else that frequents this site?

[/quote]You are right in that the Realist of 2005 used to frequent this site though he has hardly been heard of since he set off on his holiday sojourn. Some say it has to do with Manly doing well and therefore Silvertails is no place for invective. Even King is playing well!!! I believe this anonymous poster is hoping to be at the Brisbane game so you may even catch up with him there.

You are right in that the Realist of 2005 used to frequent this site though he has hardly been heard of since he set off on his holiday sojourn. Some say it has to do with Manly doing well and therefore Silvertails is no place for invective. Even King is playing well!!! I believe this anonymous poster is hoping to be at the Brisbane game so you may even catch up with him there.

Sadly The Realist will not be in Brisbane for the Bronco's match. Whatever our often opposing views are (and there are many) his integrity is such that I doubt Manly's positive performances are unrelated to his sabbatical from these pages.

You are right about his absence and I was very tongue in cheek in making them. We are all enjoying the good run of the team and hope that the April Premiership we won last year (a la the Waratahs each season) will convert into something better at the end of the year.

That's a sharp insight C/W that Manly have been far more straight talking and honest about problems. Also the issues are being attacked, not the individuals.

e.g. Arguing with refs is like pissing into the wind. It's stupid. And the players are acting "stupid" when they do that. But Kennedy was savvy enough to not pinpoint players and say they were stupid players. That'd create destructive self-images, self-fulfilling labels, and destroy team morale.

That's where, sometimes, statements are made on this site that are destructive and divisive, really serving no positive purpose - where with just a little more thought they could be turned into an attack on the behaviour rather than the individual - and be part of a constructive debate. Polarisation of opinions about a player, poster, or issue is just lazy thinking.

This site is absolutely a beacon of positivity and constructive honesty compared to MSE's offering.

[quote author=Barks]
I felt there was never any question that people could have their say on not liking certain players because of their form, saying they should be in PL, sacked whatever.

It was where posters started with more personal attacks with gutless name calling where I for one would reply, offering my own attacks on these posters - to which if you can recall none were taken kindly. My point was proved right there.

it was freakin' boring.
"I felt there was never any question that people could have their say on not liking certain players because of their form, saying they should be in PL, sacked whatever"
Bull**** Barks. Youve had a bad attitude to any critical comments about Manly or the Manly players which dont accord to your wishes.

"It was where posters started with more personal attacks with gutless name calling where I for one would reply, offering my own attacks on these posters - to which if you can recall none were taken kindly. My point was proved right there"
Bull**** hero,,,,,you are one delussional fuknuckle.........where on earth did you ever prove your point. Not once. And are you so very sure you have never name called. I dont think so. Ive never named called a manly player but youve sure attacked me for being critical of Manly's performance. All because i have an opinion.

"Dislike players, don't choose them in your side, say you want them sacked - whatever, but who wants to read a gutless post calling certain players all the names under the sun"
I view this post of yours as the most gutless of all Barks. Not the others who post here. Yes you Barks. You sneak in & comment and then sneak out, disappear and then sneak the fuk in like today and have another dig. People here have quite often been critical of players and situations. All of a sudden you want to surface and lay the blame game at the feet of the people here who offer their opinions of the players and their performances. Thats their right. But you stand out as the one who comes here and has the audacity to pretend that you know better. Show us how you know better. Im waiting.

"it was freakin' boring"
You have said this **** before. Good, if your bored with this site and the contents thereof, piss off.

[/quote]

ooohhh........ tooshie!!! :lol:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4