• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsG9-LK8o_I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The NRL's 2012 TV commercial once again celebrates the community atmosphere of the NRL, and utilises Bon Jovi's NRL theme, 'Our House.'
With a rumoured bidding war over the NRL rights underway between the commercial networks, there's never been a better time to get pumped for footy season.
What do you think of the new NRL TV commercial?

Fair bit of coverage for us, always nice. I'm on mute so couldn't hear the music but the clip as a whole looked pretty good, nice special effects too.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/blog/video-new-nrl-tv-ad-for-2012-season/20120222-fo3n.html

The NRL's 2012 TV commercial once again celebrates the community atmosphere of the NRL, and utilises Bon Jovi's NRL theme, 'Our House.'
With a rumoured bidding war over the NRL rights underway between the commercial networks, there's never been a better time to get pumped for footy season.
What do you think of the new NRL TV commercial?

Aaahhhh how good is that last shot. I like

Never really warmed to the song but we do have a good product.
That last shot is great.

GO MANLY....Bring it on.

Since Toovey's appointment it seem the NRL/Manly war has become more cordial.

The song is just stupid, and lifted straight from one of the major US sports.

I am not a fan of the rainbows that spurt out when someone gets tackled, WTF is that about?

swoop said:
Since Toovey's appointment it seem the NRL/Manly war has become more cordial.

I have noticed the change too Swoop, but I didn't think that could be the reason. You might be right.

Good song IMO, a great anthem for the game for maybe 3 years.

Lots of Manly (including Des) which is great. Felt it was all too quickly editied and would like to see maybe two or three versions roll out through the year to cover all the great footage not used (not always Manly).

9/10

It does seem like the NRL are more willing to include and help us since Desmonds departure. I cant help but get the feeling that the guys like Dave Perry that have copped so much crap in the papers are actually doing a great job by the look of it. And its nice to know that the Etihad GM is a lifelong Manly fan he did an interview with Darryl Williams in MWTV. Regardless of on field performances I think how we capitalise on business oportunities off it is equally as important if we are to compete with the rich clubs going into the future. Our Sponsors will be happy getting more exposure on ads like this. Well done so far to the brand development team.

Does any else think that lady gaga's song "The Edge of Glory" would make a great song for the nrl ad. I'm not real fan of hers but that song would be pretty good IMO

Might be Cecchins input into the clip ;)

Daniel said:

I am not a fan of the rainbows that spurt out when someone gets tackled, WTF is that about?

Kiwi Eagle said:
Might be Cecchins input into the clip ;)

Daniel said:

Lol u funny TRANS

Tasman bugger ;)

Beautiful People = Marilyn Manson would be perfect or Burn it to the ground = Nickleback

Hell id be all for them going back to the future with Enter Sandman

I love the end of the clip where Manly celebrate in glory . We have the team to celebrate again this year .

The Eagle said:
Beautiful People = Marilyn Manson would be perfect or Burn it to the ground = Nickleback

Hell id be all for them going back to the future with Enter Sandman

Nickleback...LOL just so much LOL.

If Midnight Oil didnt have so many political messages in their songs, they would have some great candidates. Power and the Passion has some lines that would work "sometimes you've got to take the hardest line", "ohhhhh the power and the passion" that just seems such a good tag line for Rugby League if you ask me. But the song would need remixing and rewording.

jeez even a reworded "It's a long way to the top"

There are so many great Australian songs that have a tribal feel and we have to cop this crap

Considering peoples musical tastes differ more than their support in footy teams there isn't a song which is going to appeal to the majority. For what its worth I'm happy with the Bon Jovi song.

Two ways you can go with ads like these, Rock n Roll or classical (with slow motion footage). NBA do a lot of the latter and I think they work beautifully.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2