New alliance Stadium

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Is it just me or does the inequality of the competition in regards to home grounds just stink at the moment....

Im watching this match intro of the NEW Sydney football stadium ( No it's not the rooster's home ground) and all the facilities and fanfare and its making me bloody angry.... How the **** are we or other 'forgotten' sides supposed to compete against Sides with sole use of mega stadiums that offer fans so much comfort and choice?

I know its the age old argument re brookie but Fuc@ me its boiling my blood.

Is it just me or does the inequality of the competition in regards to home grounds just stink at the moment....

Im watching this match intro of the NEW Sydney football stadium ( No it's not the rooster's home ground) and all the facilities and fanfare and its making me bloody angry.... How the **** are we or other 'forgotten' sides supposed to compete against Sides with sole use of mega stadiums that offer fans so much comfort and choice?

Firstly it's not accor your speaking about it's allianz stadium but I agree with your point

Accor stadium is Sydney Olympic park

Last edited:
I fully expect Penn to scrap Mudgee, and hopefully Magic round, and move the two "home games" to the SFS in the next few years.

I agree. I like seeing the new stadium and I think it was warranted. But it just reminds us that we’ll never see anything like that on the northern beaches. Especially now that they’ve done ‘something’ by creating the new Fulton stand. That’ll be an excuse to say - “we’ll look, you’ve had some improvements. What are you complaining about?” Fact is, it’s a great st as no but its job one quarter done! We need the other 3/4 to be done as well.

Firstly it's not accor your speaking about it's allianz stadium but I agree with your point

Accor stadium is Sydney Olympic park
Yes it’s Olly Onz Stadium.

Olly was a famous Swiss watchmaker, sideshow daredevil and international banker in his day.

To be fair , the stadium is used by Sydney FC and the Waratahs as well so it’s NOT the Roosters stadium despite what Uncle Nick reckons they are all just tenants.

For the Rorters they are lucky to be the central city team and thus enjoy that stadium as their home ground.

Nick Impolitis’s personal fortune grew by approximately the same margin as the new stadium wound up costing, over the life of the project.

So theoretically Nick could have paid for it himself. Then he really could call it their/his stadium.

Nick Impolitis’s personal fortune grew by approximately the same margin as the new stadium wound up costing, over the life of the project.

So theoretically Nick could have paid for it himself. Then he really could call it their/his stadium.
****ing Wanker , I get he’s rich but he grates me with his opinions.

Is it just me or does the new stadium look exactly like the old one, maybe new seats? Same roof same everything. Who pocketed the money? What was really going on behind the hoardings for 2 years? It’s the same ****ing stadium people.

Nah it is amazing. Did a tour of the members, media rooms and change rooms a couple of weeks back. The rich keep getting richer and the poor poorer. What bugs me is that tax payers money paid for it not Politis. More than one Nrl club should be sharing it.

Nah it is amazing. Did a tour of the members, media rooms and change rooms a couple of weeks back. The rich keep getting richer and the poor poorer. What bugs me is that tax payers money paid for it not Politis. More than one Nrl club should be sharing it.
Didn't souffs turn it down?

If we do not get money for Brooky it is inevitable that we will see home games going to Allianz in the near future.

I do not want to see it but the club has to consider it especially if they get a good financial deal.

If we do not get money for Brooky it is inevitable that we will see home games going to Allianz in the near future.

I do not want to see it but the club has to consider it especially if they get a good financial deal.
Haven’t you heard, Nick Impolitis and his crew own it. Nick put up over $800m of his own dosh to build it.

Last edited:
I fully expect Penn to scrap Mudgee, and hopefully Magic round, and move the two "home games" to the SFS in the next few years.

Wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Mudgee game as a weekend away, however taking games away from Brookie to only get crowds of 6,000 is madness. We'd get at least 3-4 times that if we looked at a game at the SFS.

Not to worry. The Panthers will be trotting around in the nice new facility soon. Eels & roosters already got one. Nobody gives a crap about Brooky. It's relatively safe seats. Even if the libs don't win one it goes to an independent & they get nothing done unless its a hung parliament.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4