Never thought I'd ever agree with Gorden Tallis!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Never thought I'd ever agree with Gordon Tallis!

not that Im a fan of Isaac luke,but wasn't he with them and he wanted out because they were stuffing him around as well

I thought his comment regarding the fact that Manly rely on the Penns for financial survival was rather ridiculous. Stands to reason that as the Penns are owners, that should be a given. Owners putting in their own cold hard, along with the NRL grant, gate receipts and other sponsorship seem to me to be the basis for all club's survival. He also stated that the Leagues Club don't put anything in. I'm not sure of that. And you're absolutely correct SER8, Fox do have a load of dead-heads on their league shows.

Fro said:
actually he didn't, he thought it said Pig at the time...

Lol..true. I take it back. He can't read.

Tallis is alright. Don't agree with everything he says, but you're at least opinion and he's just not recycling something he read in the paper, or in MGs case misunderstood what was in the paper.

Its amazing how peoples opinions on commentators is if they ever say anything bad about the team you support.

I echo the posters who say they dont mind Tallis as a commentator. Yes he is no genius BUT he is one of the few commentators who has the ticker to go against the grain a bit and not dance around an issue. He generally says what he feels and wont back track at the first sign of controversy.

Masked Eagle said:
Its amazing how peoples opinions on commentators is if they ever say anything bad about the team you support.

Im also amazed at why fans listen much at all to footy commentators.

Rarely have I heard from any commentator an insight or opinion that is a revelation or even adds substantially to a topic. It all seems to be regurgitated, cliche riddled twaddle.

bones said:
Fro said:

Actually, Hodges pointed it out and read it to him. I think after a small commitee meeting between the two, they probably made the mistake of thinking a spelling mistake had occurred, and that pig made much more sense. He then went on to destroy anything in a blue jersey. The bloke that made that sign should have been shot. :)

mozgrame said:
bones said:
Fro said:

Actually, Hodges pointed it out and read it to him. I think after a small commitee meeting between the two, they probably made the mistake of thinking a spelling mistake had occurred, and that pig made much more sense. He then went on to destroy anything in a blue jersey. The bloke that made that sign should have been shot. :)

Actually, your version is much more fun :)

Fro said:
mozgrame said:
bones said:
Fro said:

Actually, your version is much more fun :)

As long as it ends with a bit of lead in the air. Bob Katter style!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6