*Nerd Alert* Computer Game Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rusty

Bencher
In honor of the fact that I have changed my mood to 'nerdy' I thought I would start this.

What computer (or console) game are you looking forward to in the next few months? I am sure I am not the only nerd here, in fact I recon there should be a fair few of us.

I am looking forwards to three games, CIV5, Football Manager 2011 and most importantly GT5.

Grand Turismo 5 was first due to be released in 2007 and is still waiting, finally to be released on the 3rd of Nov. It will be frankly awesome and I can't wait. Post count will likely drop for the month of Nov and the length of the posts will likely go down as well.  ;D

There needs to be an update to Ricky Ponting Cricket !!

Not massively into the gaming any more, was a big fan of the sports games for years though

Bring back California Games haha

Rusty link said:
In honor of the fact that I have changed my mood to 'nerdy' I thought I would start this.

What computer (or console) game are you looking forward to in the next few months? I am sure I am not the only nerd here, in fact I recon there should be a fair few of us.

I am looking forwards to three games, CIV5, Football Manager 2011 and most importantly GT5.

Grand Turismo 5 was first due to be released in 2007 and is still waiting, finally to be released on the 3rd of Nov. It will be frankly awesome and I can't wait. Post count will likely drop for the month of Nov and the length of the posts will likely go down as well.  ;D

Selling my current arcade machine and buying a new one fully kitted with all I need. Certainly looking forward to that

I'm waiting for Rugby League 3 to come out on PS3.
I have RL2 on my ancient x-box and then bought it recently for my Wii.
The Wii version is total crap but apparently there's a fair bit of work going into the PS3 version. Plus I'll be able to play online against others.

BTW, I am totally addicted to FIFA10. I recently downloaded the 2011 demo and its pretty sharp.

WAMF link said:
The Wii version is total crap but apparently there's a fair bit of work going into the PS3 version. Plus I'll be able to play online against others.

BTW, I am totally addicted to FIFA10. I recently downloaded the 2011 demo and its pretty sharp.

I have Rugby League Live on PS3, would advise anyone not to buy it. Abysmal game.

yeah im into them,  i mostly like the tomb raiders, tom clancys rainbow 6, metal gear solid ,medal of honour ,them type of games.. i did have the very 1st nrl game on ps2, lol  jason king scored most of his tries from his own 10meter line , once he burst thru the front line i just zig zagged  along the field no one could catch you no matter what player you were using, i dnt knw what the next  versions were like, hopefully more realistic than the 1st one in players strenghts & weakness`s..im actually just getting back into it after a 5yr break  .

Champ manager 2011 = divorce for me (just finishing this game honey)

lsz link said:
Champ manager 2011 = divorce for me (just finishing this game honey)

Really, not a huge fan of the Champ manager series... also considered buying RL-Live the other day and decided to look at reviews first, glad I did.

Woops meant to say football manager

Back in the day i was all about champ manager but then (around 04/05??) it took a turn for the worse

Wolfpack link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=185440.msg296865#msg296865 date=1285146459]

I have Rugby League Live on PS3, would advise anyone not to buy it. Abysmal game.
[/quote]
Thanks mate. You just saved me $110.00
I was hoping for a more refined version of the game. Not to be this time obviously. I read some reviews this morning and couldn't find 1 positive.
As I said before, the Wii version is total crap but sounds to me like the ps version is equally as terrible.

not that we encourage piracy etc and i don't own a a PS3 but have you thought about "homebrewing" your PS3 and then you are able to umm trial some of the games for cheaper?

I have thought about that sort of stuff in the past but decided against it because I don't want to be locked out of games like Fifa10 and NHL which I play online.
I also fear that Sony will never be too far behind the hackers and one day they will find a way to render my console totally useless.
Surely they have a way of knowing who's modded their console?

WAMF link said:
I have thought about that sort of stuff in the past but decided against it because I don't want to be locked out of games like Fifa10 and NHL which I play online.
I also fear that Sony will never be too far behind the hackers and one day they will find a way to render my console totally useless.
Surely they have a way of knowing who's modded their console?

it is not illegal in Australia to modify the software on your console. In a surprisingly wise move from our government they decided that you may want to play games that are only available in other regions and as such you have to modify your system to allow it.

It is illegal to copy games however.

I softmodded my wii as much out of curiosity as anything else, and now use it kind of like a media PC as well as a game console

I was looking forward to playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood in Nov until my f$%#ing useless Microsoft ****Box 360 broke down with the red ring of death again (fourth time in four years)!!!!

Sumdumguy link said:
I was looking forward to playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood in Nov until my f$%#ing useless Microsoft s**tBox 360 broke down with the red ring of death again (fourth time in four years)!!!!

If it is outside warranty I see that as the perfect opportunity to start tinkering. pull it apart and replace parts.

You got me thinking now Dan.
As soon as the warranty expires on my PS3 (3 more months) I will start playing around with it.
I fly to asia fairly often (close from here) and have seen ps3 games for insanely cheap prices ($10-$20 AUD) but just knew they would not work back home without modifications.

If you want to go ultra nerdy, check this guy out.

http://www.element-14.com/community/community/experts/benheck

This guy essentially has a web show where he makes custom modifications to all sorts of things based on users writing in for things.

He also modified a PS3 slim to be portable, i.e. modified it into a laptop and is doing the same with an XBOX.

In the first episode of his new show he makes a 1 handed XBOX controller for a guy who lost the use of his right hand

Cool but way too over the top for me.
I will research and then decide what I'm going to do.

:)

Well I am about to do a bit of wiring in my arcade cabinet, getting everything going from a single switch rather than 3 switches as it is at the moment.

Dan

Probably just as well there isn't a good rugby league Wii game or it wouldn't be long before I tackled someone through a wall. 

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8