Nein News Tonight.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
OK, sick and tired of the crap thrown at this great club. Choc, if you don't wanna buy into this winning culture anymore, then ... right off. And I'm sorry, but I've been a devoted fan of this club well before you were born, and feel I have every right to express how I feel. If you're not happy I understand and respect your decision to move elsewhere. Just don't get too upset if I call you out for being a unappreciative selfish cork. If you choose to play the marketing game and whinge to build your leverage then you deserve every nasty name coming your way. If it's a simple case of you being as stupid as your hands are dumb, then it is forgivable, but FFS listen to some media savvy people within the club and pull your ... head in.

Rant/

Watmough should be allowed to talk to the media, then any club wanting to sign him can get an insight into what they're buying.

Did manage to watch this clip late last night.
Daly, as usual, spoke like a champion.
The bit with Snake and Choc at the end made them seem a bit like school kids but I am not going to judge them or call for the axing of current legends based on tiny media snippets aimed at stirring ****e for Manly.
I'll judge them by what they do on the field and I hope they stay at Manly.

Well said @niccipops

Its pretty obvious they targeted Snake and Choc and put that last bit in to do nothing more than stir up more BS. Nein knows full well they are on a media ban (I know Choc is but will admit to not knowing Snake is also).

Overall it's a pretty small incident but it's still childish and churlish behaviour from two senior players.
I would say to both of them that such actions can only tarnish their legacy at the club and that would be a great shame beyond whatever tiff they are having with management.

Nothing in it my opinion. Choc has a deal with CH 9 and that just got them more hits/views/reaction etc.
I wouldn't have bothered about nor watched that clip if it wasn't for the talk of it here.
Funny how we're supposedly in crisis over the Gifty thing but the Dogs are in freefall and it's barely touched on re Ennis getting the tap on the shoulder.

We wouldn't have to analyse everything said and written if the players would actually come out in support of the team that has given them support through hard times personally and as a team, at least until they complete the contract they signed to.

And if the apparent support through court cases and media barrage for their indiscretions was a veneer then come out and actually say it, until then we are left with the media doing all the talking and muddying the support at the time of year it should be ramped up not left to chance.

Ch Nein put out the bait, with numerous preview ads, and most of you bit into it, only to find there was virtually nothing there. I cannot believe the 'naiveté' of most of you. This thread is us playing into Nein's hands. Lets shift the focus to another thread, they're watching.

Not a lot in it, but you can't blame Ch 9 when some of the players keep saying silly or careless things. Of course they are going to report it, how about the players (or some) stop fueling the fire?

Their was a petulance to both comments, although Watmough's was worse.
Of course that is what Ch 9 want but the players are to blame for giving it to them.
I would love to move on but it seems the festering resentment in the club keeps surfacing in ways that don't make me feel very sympathetic to the players. For the two in question they have been given their NRL career starts by Manly, willingly signed contracts and been paid well (even if not to their satisfaction now it seems) to play a game they supposedly love. As some have said the two in question have been supported by the club in some uncomfortable circumstances, even in Stewart's case against the NRL.
It is hard not to compare their actions to greats past and more recently the likes of Menzies and Kite who obviously were disappointed with club decisions but accepted them with grace in public.

Arko-admirer said:
Their was a petulance to both comments, although Watmough's was worse.
Of course that is what Ch 9 want but the players are to blame for giving it to them.
I would love to move on but it seems the festering resentment in the club keeps surfacing in ways that don't make me feel very sympathetic to the players. For the two in question they have been given their NRL career starts by Manly, willingly signed contracts and been paid well (even if not to their satisfaction now it seems) to play a game they supposedly love. As some have said the two in question have been supported by the club in some uncomfortable circumstances, even in Stewart's case against the NRL.
It is hard not to compare their actions to greats past and more recently the likes of Menzies and Kite who obviously were disappointed with club decisions but accepted them with grace in public.

There's video footage of the incident on Nine MSN... just had another look at it as well as the extended footage and it's not a good look. The comments are bad enough but snakes whole attitude while training seems very ordinary, he looks miserable. hardly what you want heading into the business end of the season.

Just saw it for the first time and I actually think it's very bad. Imagine yourself in any group trying to achieve something and a couple of your number making petulant little schoolboy comments when they think it will really stir things up. Dreadful.
Thanks for your service, now bugger off.
Tooves must be sick to the back teeth of them. He was always so straight up and down, tried til the dying second, and would never openly badmouth the club in any way - just like all real Manly champions.

All we seem to missing is a 'bacardi breezer on the roof' tweet :p

Channel the anger at the Pretenders till 6th October,then kiss and makeup celebrating #9 :idea:

Kiwi Eagle said:
Haven't seen the comments at all, but amazed that people are actually saying get rid of Stewart, would be 1 of the stupidest moves the club has made

Funny thing is they were our 2 best players last week.

maybe we could let them both go and then re-sign Glenn!

but seriously even if they go, the winning culture that manly has won't disappear just cause those two are gone... let choc go to Parra - i'm sure he'll be asking for a release mid season 2015!

they need manly more than manly need them!

Brookie said:
maybe we could let them both go and then re-sign Glenn!

but seriously even if they go, the winning culture that manly has won't disappear just cause those two are gone... let choc go to Parra - i'm sure he'll be asking for a release mid season 2015!

they need manly more than manly need them!

And we need Manly men - not snippy little kindy kids.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2