Neil Henry gone!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Hayne isn't really winning this battle, its only be circumstance that he will likely stay while Henry is booted. The fact is that with the Tits in danger of losing Taylor to the Donkeys, and that either way they would have to pay Hayne's over-inflated salary, their cheapest option is to get rid of Henry.

This might be good news for Hasler as another NRL coaching position might be opening up. Because I think Des will be unemployed come the end of this season.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
lots of stuff going down at the titans but i wonder if they are just shooting the messenger.

When hayne was back in league there was much fanfare and backslapping about how Toddles Greenfinger made it happen. In record time. No one was surprised he landed at a club owned by the NRL on a deal a bit too ridiculous to fathom

Now the coach is pissed that he never wanted him on board or wanted to spend that kind of coin on 1 player. Who made the deal and what part did the NRl actually play in stitching up the titans.

We saw when the NRL wanted parra back in Peats was relocated in recored time to the coast and relieved of parras cap and not allowed to play for the tits on the same weekend as his deal wasnt sorted. Are the tits just the NRL bitches and should we expect all of the dogs woes to be consumed by the titans to suit an agenda other than the gold coasts

The Who

Journey Man
Moving the Gold Coast team would further increase the power of the Brisbane Donkeys, which is not want anyone in NSW wants.
There needs to be more competition for players from south-east Queensland, rather than less, or else Brisbane will dominate the competition and FTA coverage even more than is the case today.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Moving the Gold Coast team would further increase the power of the Brisbane Donkeys, which is not want anyone in NSW wants.
There needs to be more competition for players from south-east Queensland, rather than less, or else Brisbane will dominate the competition and FTA coverage even more than is the case today.
But the Broadcasters pay for the game and they want the -2 hour time slot that Perth affords them :nod:

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think Henry signed his own death warrant a cpl weeks ago when he brought Elgey straight back into five-eight, and declared Elgey is his preferred halves partner, and Tyrone Roberts is a utility....when the win/loss ratio clearly showed Roberts was way out in front.
I'd love them to give their U/20s coach Ben Woolf a go. Really smart guy. And is a very good man manager.
I just got told It won't be Ben Woolf. He has put in to coach Seagulls in the qcup.
Bring Tooves back, he'd be the man to sort that rabble out.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The broadcasters dont give a **** about the fact one team is more financially successful than another, they want live sport to sell subscriptions and / or advertising.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
There is zero sense in moving an ailing franchise, might as well start up a new one.

I believe in the Titans, as the GC must have a team, but they must be professionally run, and not run by the NRL.

The NRL must move either Souths or Roosters to Perth. Unpopular, Yes but it makes sense.

Really the day Politis is gone the NRL should move the Chooks. Their 37 fans wont like it but a successful and wealthy team is the only option when deciding to move a team.

Actually, this is just about Haynes new "Dream" to Captain/coach an NRL 1st grade side.

Henry never stood a chance against the dreamer.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
From next season don't the broadcasters have less say in the draw and the schedule?
I have a dream: that one Friday night we'd be able to turn on Channel Nein and watch a rugby league match that didn't feature the Broncos...
and they call Hayne a dreamer!
They are on record as wanting primetime footy on more days.

The NRL needs their money and talk of their control of actual scheduling is just that.@:cool:

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Maybe these upstarts can coach better :mad:

IMG_20170816_081448.jpg

manly al

First Grader
Can only feel genuinely sorry for Henry . He seems to be a quite good and capable coach and his present predicament in many ways is not of his own making and especially if the team "s highest paid and supposed star recruit is just not providing the co operation and performance effort that is expected of him . Similar circumstances to his tenure with the Cowboys when apparently a clique of a few senior players made his coaching role there occasionally and unreasonably difficult . Took the Titans to the finals last season with a backdrop of club instability and has had them playing in a competitive way at different stages this season . Also noticed reports this morning that some players will not resign if he stays . so no doubt his fate is virtually sealed now with the Titans .

The Who

Journey Man
So, this gives no incentive for the players to bother when they play on Thursday night.
The attitude "we can't play under him" means a walkover to the Eels.
It would have been better had the club nominated someone to coach them this week to see if that made a difference to the attitude of the players, who are still being well paid for sub-standard performances.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So, this gives no incentive for the players to bother when they play on Thursday night.
The attitude "we can't play under him" means a walkover to the Eels.
It would have been better had the club nominated someone to coach them this week to see if that made a difference to the attitude of the players, who are still being well paid for sub-standard performances.

Yes another insipid performance by them will ensure his fate ( and greatly help the Eels).

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18
15 7 7 28 17