Need More Speed out wide

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Personally a bit shocked Tom Turbo has not cemented a spot in the top grade.
A real X factor player who has 1 of Footy's most important ingredients - speed to burn!
*He is already 1 of the best under the high ball in the NRL
*Returns the ball with confidence like the Bronco's game actually setting up a try from his own 10m line, *Supports perfectly with that knack of being in the right place at the right time
*Has the blinding pace to cover defend like the chase on Milford after giving him 10m headstart
*May come in a little in defence but thats the up & in defensive style that has caught out Manly in recent times on the back of a quick play the ball centre field from the opposition - with Luke, Manly's biggest issue this week.
*Scores freak tries - that pickup & 80m try against Brisbane - no other Manly player would have had the speed to get there (maybe Snake?) & can't be sure we score if tackled say...on the 1/4 line - these opportunities arise at key points in footy games & its vital to cash in as can be the difference between winning & losing.

Felt he was a must due to all of the above & the fact he is improving all the time - come finals - IF....we sneak in there - could well be a key player who brings home the big plays.....

*Scores freak tries - that pickup & 80m try against Brisbane - no other Manly player would have had the speed to get there (maybe Snake?)
Killer would have needed a sausage roll and Oak as fuel to make the distance...

*Scores freak tries - that pickup & 80m try against Brisbane - no other Manly player would have had the speed to get there (maybe Snake?) & can't be sure we score if tackled say...on the 1/4 line - these opportunities arise at key points in footy games & its vital to cash in as can be the difference between winning & losing.

Somehow I doubt even Snake would have made it without being caught.....and we saw it against the Warriors. In the second half of that game he picked up a lose ball on our own 10 and they had him before the halfway (and I submit that the Donkeys outside backs are quicker than NZ's). He is still quick over 30 or 40 and when he runs onto the ball, but is no longer our fastest over the length of the field.

Tommy has proven in the past couple of weeks that he's pretty much the fastest player we have, especially when it comes to 60+ metre runs.

Unfortunately due to age and injury Snake is no longer capable of runs like this (and IIRC he scored this try after a couple of long runs chasing Amos Roberts). Given the wet conditions that day back in 2008, and that it was close to full time, his time for this I got at 12.3 which isn't bad.

Last edited:
Did I hear or read correctly that, given the amount of players we've already used, we could have 2nd tier cap issues and can only select him to cover injury / suspension?

Did I hear or read correctly that, given the amount of players we've already used, we could have 2nd tier cap issues and can only select him to cover injury / suspension?
In that case ,Hiku needs to fall down the stairs after fronting the judiciary...

Plenty of teams have as many or more players than us, Dragons, Titans, Knights, Panthers, Eels etc

Broncos have only used 1 less

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4