Near Mid Season Review

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
It is close to the middle of the season and there have been a few surprises.

Even the most ardent Manly supporter would not have had us on top with Melbourne, six points clear. :clap:

Not too many would have picked Dragons, Broncos and Roosters to be near the bottom of the table.

The Dogs have also been a huge disappointment and seem in big trouble. The Raiders are doing better than expected and don't look like wooden spoon material as most pundits tipped.

The other side that has surprised me is the Sharks who look to be a lot better this year and could be a top 4 team.

Most other sides are where I expected they would be.

Are we the surprise packet of the year so far? Has anything else been a shock?

Big Question is who will stand up from now and make the Top 8? Can we be in the Top 4?

Top 4 = ,storm ,us,sharks ,tigers .4 - 8 = cowboys,eels ,warriors,titans..Thats my guess,but what the f&ck do i know ,i cant even tip 50% of the round matches.I love looking at the bottom 4 of the table at the moment,its like dreams come true ,on both ends.. I think the titans may suprise a few & start winning games at the back end of the season..

For me the Sharks are the surprise packet.

I was always thinking top four for Manly. The Broncos are about where a team that depends on over-rateds like Hodges, Lockyer & Hunt should be without Webke making them look good. Roosters were my pre-season tip for the spoon.

I had the Sharks picked for bottom four and they're certainly not looking like that.

You read my mind CW. Good topic.

When doing an assessment i end up with Rumsfelds infamous "known unknowns" speech in my head. Our known knowns is the dramatic improvement in virtually all areas of our stats. There are known unknowns such as will we match it when it counts against the top 4 teams. And then there are unknown unknowns such as injuries that would harm our chances.

I have been a believer that Des would get us to this point where we are top 8 competitive this year & I always thought that during this year, Brett, Kite, Lyon, and Choc would go up a gear in their individual performances.

There is one standout factor for mine that has been a huge surprise. That is King & Stewy2. I attribute their unforseen rise and consistent intensity as the major factor in our success so far this year. They have unexpectedly filled gaping holes in this team.

We are definitely going to be top 4. To me its how we handle the inevitable jitters when theres a lot at stake that will determine if we reach the GF. Do we have the composure.

I believe we have the potential to go all the way. I also believe we will play better football in 08 than this year. Ballin & Lyon will be standouts.

On current comp form we can drill any of the top 8 teams with the potential exception of the Cowboys and Storm who have the potency in attack to blow us away.

Its going to be a big night tonight.

pre season i thought we would finish in the top 4, without the ammo to win a semi or GF, that view is gradually changing!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6