Nathan Brown Impact?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was really impressed by his contributions to the Manly Way Episode 4. Anyone who compares him to that oxygen thief Nate Myles needs to take a good look in the mirror.
Like when we post swear words on here and they automatically get crossed out. I think it should be the same when anyone uses that worthless lump Nate Myles's name.

Today’s tele quotes seibs as saying if he continues training the way he is. He will be in the 17 round one. He also wants to see the Schu become another gifty. He has the skills but he is as soft as a marshmallow. Gift was a tough player but so bloody skillful.

Last edited:
He will be in our starting 17 come round 1... and he will be massive, Not BK but hes a chance of providing some grunt, mongrel and win at all costs desire that the rest of our team ( forwards mainly) need to find.

He looks like a Manly forward and I hated him at Parra because he could play, I will be cheering him on at manly 100%

If he stays fit and wants it bad enough he could be a massive buy and on the cheap.

Looking like our starting 13 in round 1 with Lodge out and Jake moving into front row rotation. This is his chance!

Impressed by Nathan's attitude during the horror camp they put those guys through as highlighted in The Manly Way part4. He seems genuinely committed to turning his career around.If he does he'll be great for us. I wish him well.
Yes he definitely looks like a man on a mission this year. I am sure he is thinking given his age he has very limited opportunities left to win a premiership. He can do that in only 8 months time!!! He could add a massive point of difference in our forwards which we have not had over last few years. I will certainly be cheering for him.

Spud Carroll in TV commentary has always had a huge wrap on how Brown plays. I could never understand it really. But on reflection I suppose it shouldn't be a shock if it turns out Spud knows a thing or two about forward play.
Like spud, he has that aggressive / intimidating style that we have lacked in our forwards last few years. Throw in a fit Lodge and there's a top 4 pack. Throw in our current backline and there's a premiership winner. We got the team to do it this year. Just a few fingers crossed on injuries!!

Yes he definitely looks like a man on a mission this year. I am sure he is thinking given his age he has very limited opportunities left to win a premiership. He can do that in only 8 months time!!! He could add a massive point of difference in our forwards which we have not had over last few years. I will certainly be cheering for him.
I've never liked the guy but now he's one of ours, I'm turning my opinion around having seen his preseason training and attitude. Yes, he does look like a man on a mission, and it seems like he's grown up and woken up. Just hope he keeps his discipline in check, as he'll be useless sitting on the sideline.

Agree, Brown and Lodge will inject their intimidating style and give our pack the much-needed boost that we've sadly been lacking to push us up the ladder. Here's hoping...

Spud Carroll in TV commentary has always had a huge wrap on how Brown plays. I could never understand it really. But on reflection I suppose it shouldn't be a shock if it turns out Spud knows a thing or two about forward play.
No surprises there SER, Carroll and Brown, it's a like for like match up if ever their was.

A likely top 30 spot for perseverance, Attitude and effort......this Brown signing has plenty to prove, but so far so good.
Seibold's signings have a bit of a Moneyball feel to them. Lodge and Brown very unpopular signings, for various reasons. Waddell, Talau and Paulo not greeted with excitement, and even Brooks - a good player but totally out of left field as a Manly recruit. Could be a very interesting season.

I like our recruitment this year. For mine Brooks is a very smart signing and I see Lodge and Brown adding a bit of steel to our forwards.
Honestly I think this has been a great off season / pre season recruitment

Ins:

Brooks
- key signing that will help provide more structure, straighten up our attack and run the ball as well as getting Koula more involved this year - 600k
Lodge - When he comes back around round 5 I can see him being the leader with Paseka of the pack and both of them complement eachother well through Lodge more power and grunt and Paseka more mobile with size and late footwork - around 500k or whatever Keepie was on
Brown - Needed more middle forward depth with grunt and has experience - on min / cheap wage
Paulo - Favourite to be starting winger and suits our style of speed on edges also allowing Garrick to play centre - on min wage
James - More middle forward depth and good to have a young gun amongst experience - on cheap cash
Talau - Needed more centre cover with parker converting to 2nd row and has more upside than Harper - min wage
Waddell - Insurance option on edge if Schuster doesn't perform to get a bench spot and could also transform his game into a middle forward with leg speed like Bully did to be effective in modern game - on min / cheap

Outs:
Tuilangi:
With Brooks coming and Schuster going 2nd row and Burbo taking over his role smart decision to let him go on 300k a year. Made poor defensive reads and ran for 70 metres a game as well.
Keepie: Far too many errors and defensive lapses in the middle of the park and was on 500k. Great trade by going Keepie to Lodge.
Kao Weekes: Too skinny to play anywhere else then fullback with tommy, koula and garrick all ahead of him and with Brooks signing he had no chance of playing 1st grade and was on decent cash. Manly also gave him plenty of opportunites and he didn't perform.
Morgan Harper: Mentally he needed a change as most Manly fans don't like him and his peak is pretty average. Replaced by Tommy Talau who has more upside and who's on min wage.
Christian Tuipulotu: Replaced by Paulo who's on cheaper cash and suits Manly style of speed on edges and is on cheaper cash then Tuipilotu, another great decision.

So basically;
  • Brooks for Tuilangi (Schuster 2nd row) -
  • Lodge for Keepie
  • Paulo for Tuipulotu
  • Talau for Harper
All 4 trades that are wins for us.

Manly's problem last year was not enough depth in middle forwards -

Brown - Middle forward depth
James - middle forward depth
Waddell - middle forward / edge depth

3 more wins

7-0

Great recruitment

spud , brown and lodge all head down bum up, tough carries, selfless players that led the line, the assault, the rear guard

Brown did cop a hammering a few years back against us but he puts himself in that position often and taking a hammering is part of the game

brown, the man is not finished. not sure of his body . but good luck to him i love these stories

like to see him like a FIFO worker. 4 weeks on/ 4 weeks off recharging and give him 4 mini seasons.

Still looks like more of a positive net outcome or certainly very hopefully on the recruiting , release front .
Brooks , Brown[ with his mooted ability to play some role as a 13 ] and some regular and solid game input from Lodge will also probably represent the key .
Still have Alioia and Shu on something like a combined 1.2 - 1 . 4 mil and if those two can not naturally lift or produce much better value for money , is inevitably going to detract from any positives on the import front .
Have to remember that Manly started quite well in the early stages of last season and was actually in 2 nd position briefly also early on until the injury and form factor placed the side in a hole .
Everything is relative i guess but inclusions like Brooks and Lodge in particular seem to add a bit more level of positivity

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8