Nate Myles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's been much better this season that's for sure although I still think at times his old age is more of a liability, he's simply too slow. Off the bench though, i'd be happy for him to see out his contract although wouldn't be too angry to see him hang up the boots at the end of the season.

If he manages to keep up his form then he'd be brilliant and there'd be no reason for him to leave, although I just worry that once origin is over he'd stop trying to impress

@Soaring eagle last year your comments would have been totally justified, but TBH they are off the mark for this season. While Myles isn't a world beater he has definitely stepped up his on-field efforts. His defense is as strong as ever and he is making 100+ metres most weeks off the bench.

In fact I really wouldn't be surprised, especially since Matt Scott is out, to see Nate actually get selected for Qld again. I don't think he'll start but I think Kevin Walters would be more than happy with his form off the bench.

Myles has improved his efforts in a couple of games this year so he is exceeding expectations based on his performances last year. He had an impact in the Cowboys game and that was probably his best performance in a Manly jumper from what I can remember.

As for rating him based on team mates opinions, a couple of things to be wary of there. No player in his right mind is going to publicly slag off a team mate - so take what is reported with a grain of salt. Also just because players like playing with them doesn't mean they are automatically world beaters. You can be a good team player and respected for your effort and commitment and be the sort of player that others "like playing with" - that doesn't mean you are going to win the Dally M. Hopefully he is contributing to Jake's development, and if he is improving Jake's game by his mere presence than great. It will be interesting to see if he does see out the last year of his contract.

Just looking at numbers from this season and comparing him to Jake T. who i think all would consider inspirational on the field Myles numbers are pretty close.

Mins AR ARM MinsPerRun AvgRun OL E TK TkPMin MT​

Jake 604 99 945 6.1 9.54 11 2 302 0.5 11
Nate 257 58 622 4.43 10.72 0 1 139 0.54 15​

Just seems to me that he is doing just what he is supposed, he has never been a guy that was going to break a game open but just works hard, hits hard and is solid rather then outstanding.

Last edited:
Sting in his defense, sures up the middle of the the ground and looks to control tempo of the ruck. Not expecting 100 plus damaging meters, I think the above is what we need and I give him credit lately for doing that job which the team would appreciate more than we realize i reckon.. Surprised by how hard he does hit front on, hits and sticks. Not a highlight reel player but I think we need that old head in the middle

You need players who do the grunt work. They arent stand outs on the field but they get the heavy duties done. Myles is one of those.

Made as many tackles as Jake T and as many metres last year but was castigated here.

Played with a knee injury for most of it which persisted into the first month of this season.

I said at the start of this year all of the haters would be praising Nate by the end of the season.

Made as many tackles as Jake T and as many metres last year but was castigated here.

Played with a knee injury for most of it which persisted into the first month of this season.

I said at the start of this year all of the haters would be praising Nate by the end of the season.

I remember you saying that. I agreed then and I agree now. Some members on here should read some Leland Val Vandewall. He has some great advice. I don't mind differing opinions and I'm happy to be often proven wrong, but to argue against the facts is inefficacious.

Not everyone has to like Nate the man, but to knock him as a player and mentor for young forwards, based on your dislike of him as a man or your perceived and not thoroughly investigated belief of his past performances tells me that your problem most likely is within yourself.

Observation is POWER. Judgement is weakness

The degree to which a person can grow is directly proportional to the amount of truth he can accept about himself without running away.

Leland Val Vandewall

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8