Nate Myles reveals the power of the Sea Eagles culture

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
ROP Nate Myles feels a responsibility to those who went before him every time he pulls on the famous Sea Eagles jersey and runs onto the field.

That is because of Manly’s renowned culture that the warhorse forward has quickly embraced since joining the club season.

“I have seen a lot of it over the last few weeks and I really enjoy being around it,” Myles said as he prepares to play his third game in 11 days against the Rabbitohs at Brookvale tomorrow night.

“There is a certain attitude that they have out here … I’ve always been envious of their winning attitude

“It’s good to be a part of it and they do have a fantastic attitude towards football.”

0336f53c3683790adabf227318604e8a

Manly Sea Eagles Nate Myles is tackled by Sydney Roosters players at Allianz Stadium Picture: Adam Taylor

“The three big blokes, the life members, (Brett Stewart, Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai), they are just amazing to be around,” he said.

“What they say everyone stops and listens.

“You can go to places where coaches are like that and one or two players. But these guys here they demand that respect and the boys show it.”

And Myles said that culture doesn’t just happen.

“I do for sure think it is built over decades, it doesn’t just pop up,” he said.

Asked if he felt more responsibility when you pull on the jersey because of what has gone before Myles immediately replied: “100 per cent and on that I know that I’ve got to start lifting my performances as well because of the way that this club goes about it’s business, its good.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...e/news-story/1f989406b7d3d06877da672de5a1ba82

I think you need to pull your finger out Nate. Last week was an improvement but Vave has got more go forward than Myles at the moment along with Tapau, BJ and Lussick.

lol that pic looks lke he was leading with his head (a nsw complaint)

I like Nate, I'd like him even more if he'd stop doing that little skip before the line and just run at it like a madman!

#easyformetosay

This article is not a cue for the Nate-haters to sledge him. He is going along ok, his games have been solid without being spectacular. Check the stats. Some improvement will happen in coming months im sure, but no need to lampoon his performances so far, because its not justified.

Agreed - people tend to overlook how he drives in defence, and controls the ruck area. He is in there doing the little things that don't get noticed, somewhat like the legend that was Matty Ballin.

This article is not a cue for the Nate-haters to sledge him. He is going along ok, his games have been solid without being spectacular. Check the stats. Some improvement will happen in coming months im sure, but no need to lampoon his performances so far, because its not justified.
I agree however i won't be happy until he improves a bit more, he gets put on hs back too much in attack and think his match fitness will get better as we go along. He will never be a superstar but i want him to be above average.

Myles is on the improve - in a decent way since round 1, when energy levels were sapped imo, due to expectations of such a NEW side.
The area I was concerned was lack of anger in his game - his rough, aggressive game that earned him a hard man status in the NRL was well below par....still a way to go but has put on some nice HITS of late & if he can add some aggro to his carries better again....almost looking to slow down at the line & provide 2nd phase, but at this stage prefer him direct & strong attempting to power through the line....even to win the quick play for Parcell to cash in.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2