My view............through Maroon & White glasses

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
OK its has almost been a week and now I have settled down enough to write my feelings about our year & last Friday night.

Manly have been on the edge of either something brilliant or bad all season long, unfortunately it was the latter on Friday night. I am not sure we put 2 halves of footy together this season.

In saying that we were busted since round 1 but carried the injuries through the season and finished 1 win away from the GF. For that we showed guts and in my opinion no other team could have done it.

Unfortunately the players who step up for us when injuries hit we are losing i.e. Harrison, Whare, Oldfield and Lussick. But we have the knack of pulling a no-name or has-been and making them something.

The year we also had to endure the list of players following Hasler to the Dogs again Foran - DCE - Stewart Bros - Ballin - Matai - TRex (which was correct). Tooves through out year kept that busted team going and had to cop all the media crap and again still finished 1 game away from the GF. Add to that Tooves does not even get a mention in Dally M as coach of the year. As for Des I have lost a little respect for, no doubting he wanted these players and would have happily ripped us apart to get them.

So it took me a few days to get over it and actually chatting with my Broncos mate to discover Manly probably did as good as any team this year with all distractions and injuries (who would think a Broncos fan).

Now to Friday night, Easy we fell apart but it was always going to happen due to the load the team endured throughout the year. I sat at home and watched it happen but deep down I knew it could. My only complaint on Friday night in the end was why Matai stayed out while he was injuried but with the way our year was, it worked for Tooves so I can live with that.

2 Special mentions for this year go out to:-

Snake to come back from what happened and remain with the club - your a champ.

Killer for just about everything - what a year and not centre of the year was disgrace.

The rest of the team - hold your head up boys and bring on 2013

To the boys leaving thanks for your efforts in this year and goodluck (some of you will need it at Parra)

Now the GF where the Scum Dogs plays the Scum - who do I want to win I dont know and TBH I dont care. The media want all of Sydney behind the Dogs but only 2 weeks ago they were writing any supporters who dont go for Manly should get to the Manly-Cowboys match and support the Cowboys. Go figure. But I probably could handle the Storm winning more than the Dogs but go the SWANS.

Good write up. I'll enjoy season 2013 knowing the nuff nuff teams won't be getting themselves wound up to play their best game of the season against us. That'll be the Storm or Bulldogs problem next year.

Yes, reasonably balanced. But I can't cop the "we were busted" excuse for playing so badly. We were more affected by injuries the week before against the 'Boys yet played much, much better.

But you can still only play busted for so long then it just gets worse.
Good read and still we did not have our top team on the paddock for the entire season for a full 80 minutes.

Who cares about this weekend really....Come on 2013.

In his frist year in charge 2V proved to be a great coach . Not only did he retain just about all our players under extreme circumstances but he also got our team to the top 4.
Over the years 2V has proven to be a Champion because he never took a step back and next year under the Great man we can only go one more step forward to another Grand Final win.
We are the most despised and envied team becuase every one wants to knock a champion down but The Mighty Sea eagles have proven that we are a Champiom team and we keep on getting up and excel.

I think Tooves had an excellent debut year. There is plenty of room for improvement, but he is a smart man and I am confident he will learn a lot from this season and be a better coach for it next year.

As others have said it takes time to become a great coach. Des only really started receiving that sort of recognition at the end of last year (even though he deserved it much earlier in my view).

Time will tell if Tooves can get to that level, but I have not seen anything so far that would suggest he is not capable of doing so.

The Who said:
Yes, reasonably balanced. But I can't cop the "we were busted" excuse for playing so badly. We were more affected by injuries the week before against the 'Boys yet played much, much better.

We played bad because we were so busted...

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6