My take on betting.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Ive worked in TAB'S and had regular bikers ( dont call them bikies) who would bet 5-10k on a weekend of leauge matches. $1000 on will a 40/20 be kicked? No problem. $4000.00 on a team, 1-12? Every weekend. $1000 on first try scorer into some other result? If the odds allowed it.
So to me $1800K on a game barely raises an eyebrow except to say that bets of, or multiple bets totalling over $10,000.00 should be recorded and paperwork filled out for money laundering / tax purposes. Which i never did.

The smh article today has a clear papertrail that the Betting Agencies can now work to trace electronically, to close the black economy

But whilst the NRL allows live and exotic betting, it is it's own enemy

The trail looks like the original bet was parlayed into some nose tap specials and then the disbursement of "vouchers" at the end looks like debts being repaid.

One thing that certainly now stinks to high heaven is Forans interview with Booze Rothfield.

This is ridiculous. Perhaps there should be an investigation on why this has been wheeled out on the eve of an important game. Co-incidence?.
This will lead to nothing. How else do you think big punters avoid detection when place legitimate bets after they have been banned in the past?. Duhhhh they use other peoples accounts.
I see nothing in it. It's just a bunch of questionable characters placing big bets. It's their business and has nothing to do with influence in the game. How is it that such information about TAB accounts is made so public?.
I'll say it again, this is just a beat-up fuelled by the NRL to help derail Manly. They sit back while Manly are financially hampered by legal cases and help fuel rumours Manly are cheating in some way even though nothing has ever been proven, yet can't help quick enough a club like Paramatta who have been guilty multiple times of blatant cheating.
Disgraceful NRL.
Go Manly stick it up em.
NYEagle

I just don't understand the integrity message the NRL and channel nine is sending to our kids on associating with criminals. There seems to be a contradiction. Or am I missing something?

You can read an article like today's in the SMH and a game is being investigated because of a bet and close association between a player and an under world figure. Similarly police issued notices to players at a western Sydney club a few weeks back which were warning them off or similar because of such associations with know criminals. Ok a message this sporting organisation is sending is. These crooks are bad don't hang out with em. Ok.

But then and here's the weird part, go back a month earlier and you find articles that the face of rugby league. A star former player, a bloke who will be a commentator tonight and appear on every football show on channel nine this weekend, is this same under world figures best and closest mate. Yet this commentator is allowed to be the face of league and promote this game to our kids.

The NRL through having public knowledge of that person having that association with an underworld figure, who the NRL and nine then allow, to not just work in the game, but promote the game, and hold out as a possible immortal, the NRL and nine are saying to our kids associating with crooks is great?

What integrity message is the NRL sending.

If your confused. What would a 7 year old kid think and who would he idolise?

I just don't understand the integrity message the NRL and channel nine is sending to our kids on associating with criminals. There seems to be a contradiction. Or am I missing something?

You can read an article like today's in the SMH and a game is being investigated because of a bet and close association between a player and an under world figure. Similarly police issued notices to players at a western Sydney club a few weeks back which were warning them off or similar because of such associations with know criminals. Ok a message this sporting organisation is sending is. These crooks are bad don't hang out with em. Ok.

But then and here's the weird part, go back a month earlier and you find articles that the face of rugby league. A star former player, a bloke who will be a commentator tonight and appear on every football show on channel nine this weekend, is this same under world figures best and closest mate. Yet this commentator is allowed to be the face of league and promote this game to our kids.

The NRL through having public knowledge of that person having that association with an underworld figure, who the NRL and nine then allow, to not just work in the game, but promote the game, and hold out as a possible immortal, the NRL and nine are saying to our kids associating with crooks is great?

What integrity message is the NRL sending.

If your confused. What would a 7 year old kid think and who would he idolise?
And said fmr star is then asked who will win, or in other terms who he thinks is the better bet.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8