My Sea Eagles Story

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Corso, Doug and others. I hope this shows some insight into where I'm coming from.

Well, it’s no hidden secret that I supported the North Sydney Bears. And why would I hide that fact? I was as proud of it as you people are in supporting our Manly Sea Eagles. My girlfriend and I used to attend (post child) all the North Sydney Bears home games, knew the players, knew note worthy people in the crowd etc. We were always a pretty tight knit community, up until that dreadful merger with The Sea Eagles that created The Northern Eagles.

I always held a very strong respect for Manly, as they were always a very difficult team to beat (VERY rare as a Bears supporter!!!). Whilst I DID support the Bears, I always idolised Steve Menzies, Geoff Toovey, but hated Terry Hill, Matt Ridge and Danny Moore because they were just so damned good !!!

Once the merger went though, it just felt as though there was no Bears section of The Northern Eagles, and the politics and in fighting killed me. I had already had my gut full of it from The Bears administration in their own right.

I decided to follow a few sides at that point, because I enjoyed the game as a whole, but was jaded with the way things went against my old team.

Only three years ago, when Manly became Manly again, I decided to go to a Brookvale Oval home game because The Bears were playing The Eagles in the lower grades. It was a sunny and warm day, and I sat on the railing, ready to bring home The Bears.

I then saw Steve Menzies sitting on the sideline with a down syndrome child, and he was totally emersed in his own world with the little disadvantaged boy. “Wow”, I thought. This bloke is, and will always be a true blue champion, in a day where loyal players who are in it for the passion are few and far between..

The whistle blew for Jersey Flegg, and on ran The Bears. I found my self sitting there, not clapping. Weird.The Eagles came on, and the small, but vocal crowd cheered vigorously. I couldn’t believe what I was doing. I was clapping The Sea Eagles players as they ran on. The match was pretty even. Well up unto the 3rd minute, when Manly crashed over for a try, to which, I found myself jumping up and cheering. WHOA I thought !!! What’s this I’m doing? I felt myself leaning toward The Manly try line every time Manly had the ball, and wanting our boys to smash those dirty Bears in defence !!!

That day Manly won all three grades, and I have been hooked, and never looked back since.

You see, as a Bears supporter, I only knew Manly as a powerhouse. But I have joined the ranks at a very difficult time for the club on the park. That’s where my frustration stems from. Why can’t I feel the overpowering confidence you guys all had in the mid 90’s? I feel as though Manly owe it to me to be successful. That is why I am harsh, and whinge when they don’t get results I would like to see.

Since that day in 2003, I have been married, and have a child, so attending the games is very difficult, and I do so as much as possible. I’ve been to 4 this year (2 being trials I admit), but I NEVER miss a game on television, and record them all on Fox.

I only want the best for Manly. I only want victories. The wins all you are so used to having in your football supporting lives. So to think I have a hidden agenda is just plain wrong. I assure you, there will never be another team in my heart and life.

Ryan

Well, it’s no hidden secret that I supported the North Sydney Bears. And why would I hide that fact?

Well the fact they haven't won a premiership since 1922 is one good reason :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I must admit that comment was just asking for a responce.

Ryan - you still follow the bears - i remeber the first time i met you last year with Dan watching Flegg and PL down on the fence against the Bears. You were jumping and screaming for both teams, quite funny to watch really.

i didnt say you dont follow manly but your are kidding yourself if you think you dont follow the bears as well

Ryan, I know that you are a Manly lad now.

But I guess its what you post on a general basis that leads people to have their perceptions of you.

I then saw Steve Menzies sitting on the sideline with a down syndrome child, and he was totally emersed in his own world with the little disadvantaged boy. “Wow”, I thought. This bloke is, and will always be a true blue champion, in a day where loyal players who are in it for the passion are few and far between..

Bloody Beaver....why does he always have to be such a good bloke? If only he could have been teasing the kid for having Down's syndrome then Ryan would never have switched allegiances!!

Nah good on ya mate.......a nice story.

Maybe some others on here should write about how they came to the side.......

"I first went to a Manly game when they played terrible......for some reason I found the negative feelings this gave me were quite pleasurable.....from that moment on I decided I would follow Manly, waiting on their next poor performance so I could unleash my negativity!!"

\"I first went to a Manly game when they played terrible......for some reason I found the negative feelings this gave me were quite pleasurable.....from that moment on I decided I would follow Manly, waiting on their next poor performance so I could unleash my negativity!!\"
Sounds like another team that doesn't play in the NRL anymore :bdh:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7