My reply to the cowboys whining

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ian Martin tragic said:
Suck it up dudes; we had one in a GF that was pretty much the game decider (95). Media response: big shrug of the shoulders.

When we got one our way it helped us to a semi final replay win (78). Media response: Screamed blue murder.
Odd really. One was forgotten after 5 minutes, the other is still re-hashed 35 years later. Go figure.

The NRL CONSPIRACY THEORY JT and the cowboys are going on about should remember one thing.The ARLC chairman is john grant. A QEENSLANDER!!! Are they saying that he is involved in the conspiracy theory? Get over it.

I have the perfect solution to this problem.

The NRL should re-play this game on Wednesday night.

The original refs should be made to referee and redeem their credibility and then the winner plays Manly on Friday. Simple really.:D

On another note as JT will not be fined $10k for his conspiracy theory talk I wonder if Greenberg will not remit the $10k fine against 2V? If one compares both post-match rants 2V's was a lot less harsh wasn't it?

By the way I was listening to 2UE on the way home last night for a while and was loving the sound bites and the comments about JT. The comments seemed to be that JT should be fined and some even commented on his sobriety.

Further comment was that since the NRL has an integrity committee but the NRL in not fining JT seemed to have no integrity, according to popular opinion. :huh:

And I was again remembering the 1995 Grand Final with what I believe a forward pass on the 7th tackle. (Memories.)

The whole issue of replaying games etc is a joke. If that was to occur we would still be replaying old games from the 70s due to refereeing errors.

Yes the 7 tackle scenario was pathetic from the refs, however refereeing errors cost teams all the time.

Remember in 2010 when in Round 2 the Eels scored a try where the pass went about 5m forward? (Des ripped the hinges off the door!). We could all name 50 or so instances of these things happening over the last 10 years.

At the end of the day the Cows had the lead and lost it (not due to the 7 tackle debacle), if the situation had been reversed Thurston would be telling the Sharks and Gallen to suck it up.

I don't remember too many apologies from Thurston about the Hodges or Inglis try in Origin.

Maybe if they weren't so crap all year, then maybe they would of have had a better chance of doing something.

You got a dud call move on. It has happened to all of us.

Blame your football and not the refs. Especially with the roster they have.

sheridanstand78 said:
Toovey was charged for telling the truth about the officials, at no stage to he say they cheated, what Thurstson has done infers this. What a cry baby and really if hes serious about refereeing have a look at some of the calls his beloved Maroons have got in recent origin games, now he has an understanding of how it feels to be dudded by crap and inept refereeing!!

Brookie Brawler said:
OK enough already!

If a team gets a penalty awarded in error that's 6 extra tackles they should not have had and everyone moves on.

Likewise last year when the cowboys got away with an illegal strip against Manly it resulted in 6 tackles to them instead of a penalty to us (a 12 tackle turn around if you will) and they scored in that set.

That incident is conveniently forgotten by the Cowboys every time they bitch and moan about being dudded in that game and the media just laps it up.

On Saturday the Sharks got ONE extra tackle. ONE! and now there's an investigation, 6 officials dropped and the Cowboys can get away with openly questioning the integrity of the league?

Checcin must feel like he's the one who's been Checcined this time.

Great stuff rugby league!

I think Jonathon Thurston just likes being a real hypocrite. Don't forget that forward pass that he had a hand in himself when the Cowboys scored in their elimination final against us after that strip the Cowboys got away with 'round this time last year . :exclamation:

http://www.nrl.com/fw2-sea-eagles-v-cowboys-hls/tabid/10959/contentid/488884/embed/p2bWE5ODqH9MSZLvRVhMvEQH3zgufuCH/default.aspx

There are the highlights of our 22-12 win over the Cows in last years finals. Jorge was clearly stripped by Ashley Graham while he was on the ground with a Cows player holding his legs, and the last pass from Thurston to Winterstein who then scored, was forward. That extra set of six (sound familiar?) saw not only the Cows score, but Thurston's conversion locked up the score at 12-12.

But if you ask the Cows or the media.....that didn't happen apparently. They only lost because of the "Hand of Fozz" incident (which in slow-mo shows Thurston actually touching the ball in the air first).

IMO the Cows exit from the 2013 finals is for the same reason as their 2012 exit. They simply were not good enough.

Ok, now it's just getting ridiculous.

A BRISBANE sports lawyer believes clubs such as North Queensland, who have their seasons ruined through "momentously bad decisions," could unleash court action.

Tim Fuller, from Hunt Lawyers, insists there is no law that says umpires or referees enjoy any form of legal immunity for making atrocious decisions.

Fuller cites examples from horse racing where results or decisions are overturned on ­legal review and says there is no reason it could not happen in the footy codes.

"My opinion in such circumstances where an athlete or club has suffered considerable loss, the decision may be examined by the courts," Fuller told The Courier-Mail.

"In my opinion, the NRL contract would not be sufficient to prevent a court from intervening in a momentously bad decision.

"If it is in the public interest for the court to be involved, my opinion is that the public interest test would apply and legal action would proceed.

"To be clear, it would have to be a ­decision of monumental proportions, and negligently made."

After days of furious complaints, the Cowboys on Tuesday indicated they would get on with business after being robbed by the seventh-tackle try fiasco against Cronulla.

Cowboys boss Peter Jourdain said the club would now focus on preparations for next season as there were no options to force a rematch or have the result overturned.

However, Fuller said clubs such as the Cowboys could potentially seek a remedy through the courts.

"The question is raised in the most extreme circumstances as to why should a referee’s decision not on occasion be subject to review by a court of law?" Fuller says.

- See more at: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/north-queensland-cowboys-could-sue-over-seven-tackle-try-scandal-says-legal-expert/story-fn2mcuj6-1226721212653#.UjhuGH9mN31

stewartbrett(female supporter) said:
I think Jonathon Thurston just likes being a real hypocrite. Don't forget that forward pass that he had a hand in himself when the Cowboys scored in their elimination final against us after that strip the Cowboys got away with 'round this time last year . :exclamation:

I find the more emotional people to be the bigger hypocrites. Their passion blinds them to the balance of things and every issue is about them.

JT plays passionately, but it works against him as team captain. Compare his reactions to bad calls to how our captain(s) deal with them. It is a big reason as to why the Cowboys are so inconsistent, and unlikely to play a GF, let alone win one, while JT is captain.

dowdz said:

A BRISBANE sports lawyer believes clubs such as North Queensland, who have their seasons ruined through "momentously bad decisions," could unleash court action.

- See more at: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/north-queensland-cowboys-could-sue-over-seven-tackle-try-scandal-says-legal-expert/story-fn2mcuj6-1226721212653#.UjhuGH9mN31

The first club to try it will become the most unpopular in the League.

dowdz said:

Does the 'clubs such as North Queensland' line indicate that only certain clubs could/should unleash court action when poor decisions potentially ruin seasons?
Do Manly and the other 12 clubs outside of Queensland come into this scenario?
Just assuming of course but I'd say it'd be a 'No' for Manly. Oh, and a fine most likely.

Didn't Parramatta try to get the 1978 "7 tackle" semi they lost to us annulled on the grounds of Greg Hartley's incompetence? Was that through the NSWRFL or the courts?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8