My passion won't die

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Personally, I'm not going to pay much attention to this current drama & muck raking (life is too short :)). Hopefully, we won't lose any players because of it.

I am only interested in the football & look forward to our players gelling and performing well under the new trainers & coaching team. Onwards & upwards in 2023!

Personally, I'm not going to pay much attention to this current drama & muck raking (life is too short :)). Hopefully, we won't lose any players because of it.

I am only interested in the football & look forward to our players gelling and performing well under the new trainers & coaching team. Onwards & upwards in 2023!

@Dan said that to me one year the club had a heap of drama. Basically along the lines of he just wanted to enjoy the footy (the blokes having a crack on the field), and that's it, avoid the politicing and drama.

Really good mindset tbh..

Passion smasshion.
Being passionate about a bunch of pro footy players is not something I waste much emotional energy on.
Until around late Feb early March each year, at which point I become hopelessly affected by every tiny thing that happens to the club.
Go Manly :)
So you're just a part-time fan then? It's a much saner approach though @SeaEagleRock8

As pretty much all of us feel, I'm not happy with what has gone down and how it has all played out.

TBH I think the Penn's have been a bit of a cancer on Manly and the quicker they sell to the (hopefully) right buyer, the better.

This won't make me support the club any less. But as fans we have the right to love the club, but ... not like too much ... the owners.

People here have the right to actually like the owners. IIRC most of us liked Max Delmege. God only knows at this stage why you'd want to support the Penn's, but its your right if you do.

So you're just a part-time fan then? It's a much saner approach though @SeaEagleRock8
Full-time fan but emotions under control on a part-time basis. Actually the only stressful times I experience as a fan are during games, and some of those are excruciating. After a devastating loss I make a big effort to calm the F down. I try to find something completely different to do so I don't have to dwell on it.
It's all about self-preservation, pure and simple.

Full-time fan but emotions under control on a part-time basis. Actually the only stressful times I experience as a fan are during games, and some of those are excruciating. After a devastating loss I make a big effort to calm the F down. I try to find something completely different to do so I don't have to dwell on it.
It's all about self-preservation, pure and simple.
and family preservation.

I'll still support, I'll still be a member, I'll still buy merchandise, and still attend games. So many on here have bagged Des, his tactics, his selections, his use of the bench etc etc and now everyone is leaving in droves because he's been punted. I never wanted him gone but like the pride 7 fiasco, I was over it an hour after it was announced. Move on and support the new coach I say. I for one can't wait to bag him
I have no issue with Des getting punted. It's about how Mr Slimeball runs the club. He needs to p1ss off as he wont get my cash anymore. ps...doesn't mean i won't support my team, just not Sea Eagles Pty Ltd

A Mestrov greyhound?
Not exactly although she has been trained to chase bunnies

1665698841674.png

I don’t think it’s a case of any of us walking away from the club when it’s clear to me that the Club is doing the damage and creating the rift. I for one have been to more manly games that I can ever remember. To even look at ourselves as where do we stand?? is absurd.

Our dog is pretty happy when the games are on, as there is a reasonable chance I will get kicked out of the main areas in the house into the outdoor entertaining area (its area), to watch the games
so your dog is happy coz it gets to swap and hang out inside or your dog likes your company?

so your dog is happy coz it gets to swap and hang out inside or your dog likes your company?

I think the dog enjoys watching my manic reactions to the games (complete with sound effects and loud swearing). It's pretty obvious that it's very entertained by the spectacle.

However, the rest of the family find the spectacle more embarrassing than entertaining. If I was them I would definitely banish me as well.

After some games eg Cowboys 2022 I am confident that the dog gets embarrassed by my behaviour too.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8