My Opinion on the Game:-

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Chris Hicks seems to make a much better centre and fullback than he does a winger, which leads me to the point, he just looks good when he has a lot of the ball in his hands. Therefore I would say, when Bell gets back, or Lyon enters the frey, Hicks will start to look like that dominant player in 2003, when he won player of the year for us. Stephenson when centre, doesn't really do Hicks justice.

George Rose is a really, really good prop. Full stop. Every single time I have seen him play, he has impressed me. Espescially when the chips were down, and we were down 4 props against Melbourne. He dominated, and was best on ground. Tonight's try, busting over the top of 3-4 players to score his try should SHOW Des that he deserves a permanent spot, and a few of our other props should be very, very worried.

Matt Orford dominated. Throwing dummies, great kicking game, great deft passes. He bust the game wide open scoring that solo effort try, and in my opinion, is the reason we won this game. The problem I have though, is that he never has enough support players, or players in motion around him. The same could be said at all times with us.

Brett Stewart's attacking ability is second to none. He'll play rep footy for sure. My only concern is his ability under the high ball again. Just doesn't seem too confident. Besides that fact, awesome game by the bullet.

Jason King. Well. 50 odd metres again. I guess that beats Willows / Leuluai's 30 odd metres, but still not good enough. For some reason, he consistently gets pushed back 3-4 metres each tackle, and I think this diminishes that ACTUAL metres he makes. I'm sure he's not meeting Des's KPI's, so it will be interesting to see how he goes in the coming weeks.

Willow had a very solid defensive game with 40+ metres. In truth, when I saw him in the run on side, I thought we were gone. I was wrong. He made very, very crucial tackles. For a player that once played centre, 5/8 & Hooker, he HAS to improve his attacking prowess.

Bryant, Rose, King, Kite & Leuluai. Congratulations to you all on your ability to pass. Quite often I have thought us a little uno dimensional, but tonight ALL the props threw the wide pass, which gave us width in attack.

Brent Kite was as dominant as I have seen any prop in any game ever. I know that says a lot, but man, he was just plain scary tonight, and in front of the Aussie coach as well !!! Sucked in Ricky. If he strung 3-4 of those games together, he would definitely cement a long term spot in the rep sides. Manly - please make sure we sign him up long term.

Anthony Watmough put in a very solid performance. He's a ruthless tackler, and his attack is getting better and better. He IS 22 right? To consider what he COULD achieve long term is also scary. Good on him for a great game.

I'm really sorry Fonz, but I think Steppa lacks the pace required to be a winger (he couldn't foot it with Hicks etc when the breaks were made), and unfortunately, in my opinion, doesn't have the diversity to be a centre. Maybe like people have said - back row?

All in all guys - a good performance. We dropped our intensity once or twice, and were punished for it at the time, but that said, I can't complain. A desperate Roosters - Away - At night - While we were out of form. All the chips were against us, and unlike last year, we have come through with a victory. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

One of the ball's Stewart dropped could have been knocked out of his hands by Anasta. The other one he dropped it looked like he caught it was called a knock on, but whatever. Apart from these two, I don't think he's dropped another one all year and has looked very safe to me under the high ball.

My only qualm with his footy prowess at the moment is his kick returns, which are kinda average. At least they're better than Hodgson's though, who played Origin footy this year. Should be a tight race between him and Mini for the Blues #1 next year, methinks.

Good report Ryan but actually we did beat the Rorters away at night last year!!!!

No Canteen - I meant that we have broken the slump, unlike last years ridiculous run. I own the gm where we beat The Rooster at night, so I know we beat them. :drunk:

Agreed Downie. Brett needs to pick the gaps, use his footspeed and take on the tacklers rather than weekly submitting. He should look at the way Schifcoscke does it so well for the Faders!!

Another thing I noticed that Monas played the entire first half, where we dominated them. As soon as Dunners came on in the 2nd, the Rooster's scored 2 quick tries :p

Coincidence or not, maybe Des is coming to his senses?

There was still nothing there inside their 20 besides the kick which is a worry.

Matai gave away two stupid penalties but he stayed in the line when he had to and controlled his aggression which was an improvement.

You're not going to ger a much safer fullback than Stewart, he reads the play so well, you know 98% of the time he will be in the right position and he has amazing hands. He dropped one well placed bomb under pressure/colliding in the air, I'm not going to fault him for that. If there were more then I don't remember them.

Orford, Kite, Watmough, Rose :clap:

Another thing I noticed that Monas played the entire first half, where we dominated them. As soon as Dunners came on in the 2nd, the Rooster's scored 2 quick tries :p

I was pleasantly surpsied by this but that went away when I saw he ended the game with both Monas and Dunley on again. :roll:

[quote author=Downie]

I was pleasently surpsied by this but that went away when I saw he ended the game with both Monas and Dunley on again. :roll:
[/quote]

That's what happens when we play the game with 3 props and a hooker on the bench :|

With Roses skill though Downie, I reckon we could almost class him as a semi second rower / prop. Much like Cuthbo, only better.

Although he did play awesomely (if that is even a word) tonight, I don't think he has the mobility of a second rower. He could be too much of a liability defending on the fringes of the ruck, though he definitely has the skill in attack.

Good effort by Manly !!

The Roosters defence was very ordinary. Rossters fans seated near us were filthy at Anasta & Finch.

Disappointed not to see more Manly supporters at the game. A mate of mine who I went to the game with drove up from Batemans Bay. Where was everyone ? Hope to see more of you guys out at Telstra Stadium next Saturday night.

With Roses skill though Downie, I reckon we could almost class him as a semi second rower / prop. Much like Cuthbo, only better.

Good Lord! One run does not a superstar make. I think the jury is still very much out on Rose, especially his ability to move laterally in defence.

Keep things in perspective, please!

Good report Ryan but actually we did beat the Rorters away at night last year!!!!

yeh and then got absolutely smashed by souths the week after.

This week against souths is a real danger game for us.

[quote author=Canteen Worker]

yeh and then got absolutely smashed by souths the week after.

This week against souths is a real danger game for us.
[/quote]

Too right.

We were missing BK and Beaver last time though weren't we?

I think someones getting carried away. Was a great try but he is no second rower!!!! He is also only good in short bursts, needs to get his fitness up. Still a bench player imo.

Agree with Matabele & Garts.

One good try doesn't make him a superstar. He's quite handy off the bench but certainly not a starting forward at this stage.

Credit where it's due , I'm sure he loved scoring a try against his old team.

Rose is a player of potential. He has good ball skills and gets over the advantage line. He has a dig and has good mobility for a big man. I am told he is training hard. His attitude is good. He is on the improve and is putting in. He has the potential as a 23 year old to be a lot better but obviously his fitness and mobility etc will need to continue to get better for him to fulfil the potential.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4