My name is globaleagle and I'm.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your mother GE. My condolences to both you and your family :(

I lost my father the day before 'Father's Day' in 2009 so I think that I know a little bit of what you are going through at the moment although the loss of your mother would feel a little bit worse I think.

On a different subject, as bones asked you in his post, are you going to the Titans game whilst you are here. I intend to be making my way down there for this one. Hopefully we have a better result than the last Manly game that I attended (the Rnd 12 Broncos game in Brisbane) and last year's Rnd 3 loss to the Titans at Robina.

Shoe1 said:
mozgrame said:
Sad news GE. My sincerest condolences Mate.

Travel safe and enjoy your time back here as best you can. Don't forget the sunscreen, a suntan would be a novelty for you I guess. You'll be as brown as a berry in no time, just like all the German tourists you see here in Qld and the Territory. :p

What if GE isn't Caucasian? Awkward :p

No worries. My 2 boys are not fully Caucasian, and they brown up a shade or 2 darker when we hit the beach. Lucky little buggers!

So sorry for the loss of your mum GE and thinking of you at this time. Yes, our mums are special and will never be forgotten.

I hope while you're here in Oz you're able to see at least a couple of great Manly wins to lift your spirits, give you some cheer and enjoy the ride!

So sorry about your loss GE. Condolences mate. Hope you have a safe and fun trip. I hope you get to see a game or two.

Hi everyone!

Many thanks for you wishes, it truly is appreciated. Sorry for not being back on here sooner but things have been kinda busy.

To catch up in the light of a new day.... I (and better half) had the plan of surprising the family. My other sister and niece were already in Australia (they live in Canada) and I thought it would be a wonderful surprise for mum to turn up at their house 'unannounced.'

Mum also wanted me to travel, so all those adventures (not just with hat - took better half as well) I had also kept as a surprise. I had put together a slide show of the best pics from the adventures (better half and myself this time....easier to explain than hat pics) and was going to surprise mum with that as well, knowing that as a mum who wears a heart on her sleeve there'd be tears of joy at seeing her only son (and wife) and knowing that we had been on many adventures.

However, maybe just tears now....no joy.

I now think I've had one of the biggest backfires imaginable (worse for my mum) so, damn it, she never got her surprise nor shared in our travelling joys. Lesson - best not to wait to surprise people!

We were literally 2 hours from leaving home when 'the' phone call came through. Since then I've either been waiting in terminals or on 15+ hours flights - there was no real time to myself. (Being a Manly man and all).

Guys, I actually started reading this thread waiting for the boarding call but your thoughts, especially to a stranger was that touching, plus the obvious sadness started to bring tears to my eyes...and not wanting to blub in the terminal...I stopped. I've read them all now and thanks again.

I've been on the other side here, thought "will saying condolences after 30 people have said it mean anything to the poster who has suffered loss?" The answer is yes, and I thank each of you for taking the time to reply.

@Ryan I can still only imagine the pain you've felt, and indeed feel after suffering through twice what we normally have to deal with, and I thank you for your kind offer.

To answer the questions re the titans game, I don't think I'll make it. Ironically I think we're in Sydney. Another reason for our trip was that the better half had some important business dealings to take care of in both NZ and Sydney. Although she's graciously, and immediately said to organise everything else first I want her to get these things done. Mum would want her too as well. She's already cancelled the first NZ thing she had to do so I want her to do the rest.

However, I am looking at the dates and games and hopefully September may bring me a game or too.....if things go well...maybe October??

So I don't break the computer, time to finish, but again to all of you too numerous to mention individually, thanks again for your condolences, and thanks to the PM'ers.

Party on!

(Oh whilst waiting at vancouver airport there was a couple, man was in a Manly polo. Spoke for 10 mins or so, nice couple!)

Go Manly!

I don't often post in these threads, always feel a bit awkward talking about people I don't know.....not that I don't feel for those who lose loved ones.

However your failed surprise story made me feel like saying chin up mate, that must feel like an extra cruel twist to an already sad time for you.

I wonder if you got your sense of humour from your Mum ?? if you did you probably have had some very funny times with her. Remember those times, and be content that she would have been very proud of you and your adventures. What mum wouldn't die happy knowing their son is a Manly fan with a well travelled members cap collection.

^ Thanks,

Hi guys and gals,

Thanks again for all your thoughts and PM's (pms - lol)

Everything done and dusted. A nice turn out (more than I'd get at mine) and general sadness all round.

Just posting here to say thanks and ask @jethro who I've somehow assumed is the chief thread mover to maybe shift this one into general discussion so it can slowly sink into the mire of anonymity.

We had to leave 'home' after a couple of days but shall be back there in a couple of weeks and see how the tribe is doing.

Thanks to Manly for losing against souffs...capping off a 'wonderful' day!

Party on!

We should beat the Titans mate.

To get things back on track there.

Take care and travel safe and all that jazz.

See you back on deck here ASAP.

All the best again too.

globaleagle said:
^ Thanks,

Hi guys and gals,

Thanks again for all your thoughts and PM's (pms - lol)

Everything done and dusted. A nice turn out (more than I'd get at mine) and general sadness all round.

Just posting here to say thanks and ask @jethro who I've somehow assumed is the chief thread mover to maybe shift this one into general discussion so it can slowly sink into the mire of anonymity.

We had to leave 'home' after a couple of days but shall be back there in a couple of weeks and see how the tribe is doing.

Thanks to Manly for losing against souffs...capping off a 'wonderful' day!

Party on!

Okay, if that's what you want, I will move it for you.

Late to the thread but sorry to hear - hope all is well (as much as it can be) with you and your family

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7