My last Lowe thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

WAMF

Bencher
Saw him on the fox broadcast of the game during an interview and I must admit that I find a CEO wearing a polo shirt, pretty poor form.
Club CEO's should be in a suit and tie and looking professional, particularly when we are trying to attract corporate sponsors.
Someone at the club needs to have a word.

Not to mention the man boobs and lack of elocution. I found it very embarrassing but was also relieved that it was the last gasps of a plagued era of management. Pity the next guy who has to inherit the mess.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Des needs a haircut too ;)

He was turned away last week, according to Greg Alexander, by the busy barber both men share. They discussed it on the League Lounge last night.

Wow - you do realise that posting things like this just makes it clear you have a vendetta against Lowe. Talk about over the top.

ads, I have no vendetta. I would have said the same thing had Grant Mayer fronted up for an interview on game day looking like a sloth.

Blake said:
NQ is too warm for a jacket and tie.
Tough titties. Ditch the jacket then.

DSM5, 'Christ' is exactly what I said when I saw Lowe looking like ****e.

I cannot remember the last time that I saw Wayne Bennett in a suit and tie yet clubs are willing to pay him $1m a year because of what he does not what he looks like or dresses like.

The days of having to wear white shirts and suits and ties to look professional are long gone. The australian climate dictates that smart but casual attire is acceptable these days.

Beasides the only people to wear suits and ties in NQLD are detectives.

Since when was Bennett CEO? That's a poor analogy Tooks.
You've obviously tried but there is no excuse for a CEO looking crap on national tv. My rant has nothng to do with his illness. purely his choice of wardrobe.

If the guy was wearing a suit up here on the weekend he'd look entirely out of place. It was damned hot. To have a go at wheat the guys wearing is a cheap shot at Lowe, as we all know. And Matas I can't see how you'd describe our current state as a 'mess'. A settled board, a winning team, a good roster, growing membership, Des here until 2014, unless you're just a whinging prick. Get over yourself and heat up some pizzas. WAMF, Ryan and Matabele, the three griping stooges.

I would agree wamf if it had of been anywhere else but townsville.

At the end of the day he was branded.

Look at blokes like Don Meji and even Manager Directors at my time at Pizza Hut would be seen in company polo shirts.

I think you will find its more about being seen to be one of the team (not talking football team in this sense) than being above it.

End of the day he was branded and was wearing the same uniform as the coaching stuff so thats good enough for me

WAMF said:
Since when was Bennett CEO? That's a poor analogy Tooks.
You've obviously tried but there is no excuse for a CEO looking crap on national tv. My rant has nothng to do with his illness. purely his choice of wardrobe.

So its not important for a coach to also dress up in a suit and present the club in a professional manner just the same as a CEO?

I think you will find that that every club from the CEO down has a standard dress code and obviously in 28 degree days in Townsville wearing a polo short is acceptable according to club standards.

Maybe he wasn't feeling well? I don't see the point in continually kicking a guy when he is down and is already leaving.

Perhaps you should sit in on the interviews for our new CEO and tell them that you expect them to dress in suit and tie at all times even if is is 40 degrees and 100% humidity.

Jatz Crackers said:
Do mining company CEOs wear suits when onsite in WA ?

Mate, 40 degree desert heat up in the Pilbara. Give me 28 deg humidity over harsh desert heat any day.
But to answer your question Jatz, I'd say probably no tie and no jacket but they certainly don't don overalls or look like a labourer.

Can't agree with you WAMF (sorry)....it's different here in QLD life is very casual up here.....I have been to lots of business meetings and more than often people are not wearing ties, and many roll up in just pants and a long sleeve shirt....in FNQ you would look very out of place in a suit.....as they say when in Rome do as the Romans do!!

WAMF said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Do mining company CEOs wear suits when onsite in WA ?

Mate, 40 degree desert heat up in the Pilbara. Give me 28 deg humidity over harsh desert heat any day.
But to answer your question Jatz, I'd say probably no tie and no jacket but they certainly don't don overalls or look like a labourer.

Id rather the dry heat. Im in Qld and without an ocean breeze i suffer in the humidity.

I was a manager for a mining company at the age of 19. No suit for me either.

Who cares. If he was in trackies and t shirt with food all over his shirt I would agree. Ties are a thing of the past anyway, I never wear them at work anymore. Be lucky to put one on once a year.

Fair enough if others don't agree with me but I'm willing to bet that this wasn't the first time (outside of Nth Qld) that he's worn a polo to the footy.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2