My favourite Manly supporter moments.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Every off season I bring this game up, but as s Cronulla jnr who supported Manly - it stood out....
It was a final vs a star studded Canberra missing many players in the 90's.
Lost the game, but Cliff Lyons was outstanding as was kevin Iro (for once living up to the hype)
Back and forth under the NZ coach Graham Lowe and disappointing to lose, ut went down swinging....obviously 2008 was a ridiculous performance unlikely to be matched again

Cliffy got Ch 10 man of the match, in a losing semi final team. Some effort that! And Manly wuz robbed in the end!

After a couple of disappointing years this team underwent some what of a rebuild. Against the odds, Dessie Hasler proved to the doubters that he still has what it takes to get the job done. This is why the finals series run of the 2021 team will go down amongst my all time favs.

Yep
The entire 1978 finals run
Did not miss a game

A kid out alone for the first time with a mate from the gong
Front row of the first level of the Sheridan stand with 600 manly supporters behind us chanting
Glancing to the right and watching the old score board put up the tries and scores
Waving our flags
Loosing our voice

irreplaceable memories that will never leave me

still think the highlights could be used today with our team to show what playing for manly meant
What a way to bring up post number 5000 for me, talking about a time that I cherish.

That to me was my favourite time, the noise coming from the Sheridan Stand and the unrelenting songs and cheering made it an intimidating atmosphere for the other team. The booming voice of Lyall Roberts shouting out the letters was spine tingling.

The wonderful songs
Super Max
Who's Australia's number 1 who plays for the best team? GRAHAM EADIE!
Parra are Whingers!
And so on.
I was at the Semi final and replay against Parra and twice the team came back from the dead and it sealed my love for that team as their bravery conquered everything that season!

Oh, that was a special game that one. Especially when we were accompanied by Panthers relatives. My niece reckons if I bring that game up one more time, she’s going to get her gun license @:worried:.....thing is I have given them so much shiit over the years, I wouldn't put it past her!.:eek:
It’s bittersweet because they did it to us a couple times since

What a way to bring up post number 5000 for me, talking about a time that I cherish.

That to me was my favourite time, the noise coming from the Sheridan Stand and the unrelenting songs and cheering made it an intimidating atmosphere for the other team. The booming voice of Lyall Roberts shouting out the letters was spine tingling.

The wonderful songs
Super Max
Who's Australia's number 1 who plays for the best team? GRAHAM EADIE!
Parra are Whingers!
And so on.
I was at the Semi final and replay against Parra and twice the team came back from the dead and it sealed my love for that team as their bravery conquered everything that season!

Well done on getting to 5000, it takes some resilience to do that on here!!

Well done on getting to 5000, it takes some resilience to do that on here!!

Can't wait till I do it!

Hopefully I get a well done from Mark as well. It's like getting a telegram from the Queen when you turn 100..! (I have four of those.)

- working on my fav moments

I will set the scene. Round 13, 1987. Manly v Balmain. After 12 rounds the Tigers are the run away leaders of the comp:

Balmain 18
Manly 15
Sharks 14
Easts 14
Raiders 14
Dogs 14

The Tigers come to Brookie & are given a football lesson. Manly win 48 - 14 in a fantastic display of attacking footy in front of 25,000+ fans. I remember watching the replay of the game on TV later that day & Rex Mossop was having the time of his life, at one stage saying that "Manly are crucifying Balmain". That game was part of Manly's 12 wins in a row that year. Of course we go on & win the comp. Oh the memories!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6