My 2 things from last night ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It will be interesting to see the Dally M points, now there’s two judges per game.

DCE will get 6 as he completely dominated the game. I think Jake will likely get 3 due to his defence and game time. Mahoney and Turbo could get 1 or 2 each.

To be honest, I think Mahoney was probably the second best player on the field, however, was playing with a beaten pack and disjointed back line.

I do get frustrated with Tent, as I think he has the the potential to be another Haas clone, however seems to doubt his ability. I will say that his break that led to DCE’s try is what he is capable of multiple times during a game.

I quite like the idea of Froggy and GCKT interchanging (like we did with Froggy and Fainu)
Unfortunately I think You will find we never got to see Croker and Fainu share the 9 role , It was Korisau and Fainu. Croker only got a gig at 9 when Fainu was stood down.

I understand you're only having a joke with Jerry about the bye but just on that ....... I was initially disappointed that we had the bye in the second round but after seeing how hot it was yesterday and how much that took out of all the players, I reckon the bye is a pretty good thing. Particularly when it's going to be in the 30's this week. They were all cramping up and looked exhausted. The week off to freshen up for Parra is not a bad thing.

The bye "is what it is" I guess but definitely a big result for the boys y'day. I'd hate to have had a loss into the bye and then facing the Eels.
But like with the pre season comp, a little confidence boost there and another boost y'day, into the bye and we'll be so ready to pull an ambush on those damn Eels!

ps: I love @Jerry1 😉

If they want Fifita to stay, as much as I like Burbo’s ability to play backs or forwards, from the trials, I think Bullemore and Fifita would add more through the middle.

Weekes has to be on the bench, albeit he was pretty ordinary yesterday, however, he spent a long time at 9, which is probably not his comfort zone. It’s early days for him, however, he does add that X factor and covers all backline positions, and apparently 9.

I don’t understand some who have ‘bagged’ Tuilagi, as I thought he was okay, and has good soft hands in passing and not only demonstrated that in the trials, but also yesterday for Garrick.

You can’t knock the games of Croker and Parker
Parker had a good game defensively and he can hit lines and gaps
I think it’s when you get a young guy like Koula on the other side and he too is good defensively and attacking wise but he has speed and if you could have that on both sides . But at the moment Parker is doing fine and I’ll leave him there
Croker just needs to get his running game going he does have it he has shown it but very rarely whether it’s a coaching / instructional thing I’m not sure.
You can’t ask anymore they are playing to there full potential it’s just that there are a few with potential that are waiting in the wings for there opportunity

The thing is Jake at Prop is allowed to just run up and hit. And that inspires the youngsters to whack. At lock he needs to make more strategic decisions.

How long have we been calling for Jake to be moved back to prop and leave the ball playing to the halves, Turbo and the dummy half?? We looked a lot sharper without a slow front rower being a ball distributor.

You know something? Thank you NSW selectors. Selecting Jake at prop for game 2 in Origin last year and his subsequent dominant performance finally opened eyes about which position he's best suited to. Hopefully Seibold sticks with Jake in the front row.

Re: the issue of having Croker at dummy half.

Without Jake at lock playing part ball player, part front rower, we looked sharp with the ball yesterday. BUT, as solid as Froggy is and yesterday he was great defensively ... he was slow with the dummy half work. Can you imagine us with someone like the more zippy Gordon running from dummy half and putting players like Turbo, DCE and Schuster on the front foot from the start??

Tent just needs to learn how to run onto the ball..

Watch when olakautu gets a pass , especially when we are attacking the goal line, he has a run up and is steaming onto the ball… tent almost never does that.. even when there’s set plays for him to get it, he’s sorta just standing there and tries to run from a standstill and goes nowhere… he ran onto the ball exactly once yesterday and he broke thru the line.. he needs to do that a lot more often to take advantage of his size and strength

Tent just needs to learn how to run onto the ball..

Watch when olakautu gets a pass , especially when we are attacking the goal line, he has a run up and is steaming onto the ball… tent almost never does that.. even when there’s set plays for him to get it, he’s sorta just standing there and tries to run from a standstill and goes nowhere… he ran onto the ball exactly once yesterday and he broke thru the line.. he needs to do that a lot more often to take advantage of his size and strength
Yep, agree, maybe we need someone to yell at him to come of a 5 mtr run. Hitting it up of a metre run is a wasted tackle for the team. Foran used to shout at Mosses Suli when he was with us, maybe Tommy from the back can bark a few instructions to him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4