My 2 things from last night ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
One small step for Seibs ... one giant leap for Man-ly ...

Firstly ... I have been telling everybody that would listen ... there is nothing wrong with our forwards ... they have been very poorly coached by Des, and very poorly lead by Kaput ... last night just confirmed in my own mind that they will continue to improve ... and by years end be a dominant force .. and the backs will inherit the field ..

Secondly ... we all know Jake gives 100% ... but the teams 2 most maligned and discounted players .. Froggy and Parker were an absolute inspiration to their team mates last night .... those efforts are what the real Manly culture is all about .. don't expect either to be dropped any time soon ...

Edit ... and yes we could do with another hard nut prop ... but the lads we have will do the job ...

Firstly ... I have been telling everybody that would listen ... there is nothing wrong with our forwards ... they have been very poorly coached by Des, and very poorly lead by Kaput ... last night just confirmed in my own mind that they will continue to improve ... and by years end be a dominant force .. and the backs will inherit the field ..

Secondly ... we all know Jake gives 100% ... but the teams 2 most maligned and discounted players .. Froggy and Parker were an absolute inspiration to their team mates last night .... those efforts are what the real Manly culture is all about .. don't expect either to be dropped any time soon ...

Edit ... and yes we could do with another hard nut prop ... but the lads we have will do the job ...
Who’d a thought that I’d agree with this !!

I’d still like to see a proper hooker in there rather than a half. Thought DCE, Jake, Parker and bully were very good.

Wasn’t impressed by Tent in the first half. Lazy bumbler who forgot what direction to run. Obviously someone gave him a rev up half time.

Next week will be much more of a test. The dogs were awful. Maybe we made them look bad but I suspect they will be very close to the spoon again this season.

i love seeing Parker on the field, his hit ups are always flat out and he reads well in defence.
froggy does his best, but we need more spark out of there, watching GCKT in the trials shows what we are missing, maybe they become like ballin & stranger? or maybe the young fella takes over, either way i believe we need him in the 17

i love seeing Parker on the field, his hit ups are always flat out and he reads well in defence.
froggy does his best, but we need more spark out of there, watching GCKT in the trials shows what we are missing, maybe they become like ballin & stranger? or maybe the young fella takes over, either way i believe we need him in the 17

Maloney had lots of spark ... but other than a fluke try ... they were scoreless ...

With no spark on the other hand ... we scored 5 tries ...

Spark looks good ... but it don't pay the rent .....

I'd have Froggy in the middle all day every day ...

I’d still like to see a proper hooker in there rather than a half. Thought DCE, Jake, Parker and bully were very good.

Wasn’t impressed by Tent in the first half. Lazy bumbler who forgot what direction to run. Obviously someone gave him a rev up half time.

Next week will be much more of a test. The dogs were awful. Maybe we made them look bad but I suspect they will be very close to the spoon again this season.

Surely the bye won't trouble us😉

He had 18 runs for 179 metres and 17 tackles and worked hard.
Which part is lazy,he did more work in his first stint than the second?

100% agree on the forwards, played like they should. Hit hard and ran hard.

Parker played well, Croker tried his heart out as per usual. But he’s just not a natural hooker, GCKT kills him in the skills department. We were a much much more cohesive attacking unit with him in the trials.

As for culture, GCKT was captain in the lower grades. You could see the players instantly gravitate to him. He’ll be the starting hooker by 2024 and we’ll be a much better team for it. That’s no sleight on Croker, he busts his arse every game, he’s just not a natural hooker..

I thought Croker played very well & like a man who had seen what Gordon can do & was now under pressure to perform.
I also thought that Parker played his best ever game for Manly & did a great job!

That being said - They're both clunky & I'd prefer them to be playing for B.W. as I feel there are far better players just waiting for an opportunity. (thinking Gordon & Weekes)

Parker played well, Croker tried his heart out as per usual. But he’s just not a natural hooker, GCKT kills him in the skills department. We were a much much more cohesive attacking unit with him in the trials.
Defensively I’d take Froggy any day of the week but I agree with you on the attacking cohesiveness. Noticed in the trials when Tummy was at hooker that our forwards seemed to all time their runs well, getting the ball on the chest at or just behind the advantage line which is exactly what you want as it gives the attacker that fraction more time to gain momentum before the defence arrives. I’m sure the sweet consistent delivery from dummy half had a lot to do with that.

Whereas yesterday, although our forwards clearly out-muscled the dogs, I thought they could’ve been even more dominant if they weren’t taking inconsistent passes often 3 and 4 metres behind the ad line.

I’m sure Tummy’s defence can improve but I don’t think Froggy’s attack can.

Well said Woodsie and Bullemore playing in the middle where he should have always been playing

For most if you make a highlight reel play you are good, otherwise they are crap.

I think Paseka was great

forwards were much better this year no question, BUT, Paseka still ambles up to the line and looks scared on ocassion, rocks and diamonds, you'd never seen Nas do that for example

The thing is Jake at Prop is allowed to just run up and hit. And that inspires the youngsters to whack. At lock he needs to make more strategic decisions.
Then we need a lock as well as a hooker. Effort and aggression will definitely get us to the top 8, with the players we have. That’s a big step.
We will to find some class in those key positions to make top 4.

I don’t think he was lazy in the first half but took the ball too flat.
Should have been deeper like in the second.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6