MWTS Annoucement

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Guys

I just wanted to advise everyone that I retire from full time work this Friday the 28th June.

A little short of my 60th birthday BUT what the heck, no time like the present to start enjoying the rest of my life.

I have been working 40 years, and have run my own business for 35 of those years. I have seen the world (many many many times), in fact everywhere except the great land down south and so now it's time to see my own country.

I started the MWTS in 2005 when I first moved to Brisbane, went to a Broncos game, saw a heap of fans all sitting everywhere and thought "I have to change that". And despite a slow start the MWTS are now a force to be reckoned with (which I am sure you'll all agree).

Vidmar and I won't let the MWTS down, we are working on some contingencies right now to have it continue and will make an annoucement when we can....BUT in the interim, I am "out of here".

Friday is my last day and then early next week I head off for an almost 2 month 4WD adventure through the middle of Western Australia across to the Northern territory and back into Queensland...and that's only the start of what we have planned.

This isn't "farewell", I'll still be a contributing member of Silvertails but I'll be talking more of a "back seat" with the MWTS.

Cheers all and GO MANLY

Well bugger me with a fish fork.

Congratulations good Sir, congratulations!

Enjoy your retirement Mark. You have earned legend status amongst Manly fans everywhere for all your hard work running the MWTS.

Mmmmmm........... retirement.

Enjoy yourself, no doubt you've earned a break. Living in Moree all those years chipping cotton couldn't have been much fun, and then the added punishment of living in Queensland and having to deal with Queenslanders on a daily basis.

Congrats Mark and I wish u a long and happy, healthy retirement.
Never met u or been on a trip with u, but u have obviously done a tremendous job in getting more and more Manly fans all over the world to follow the Mighty Sea Eagles. Life membership to the MWTS is a guarantee.

Cheers

Mark from Brisbane said:
Guys

I just wanted to advise everyone that I retire from full time work this Friday the 28th June.

A little short of my 60th birthday BUT what the heck, no time like the present to start enjoying the rest of my life.

I have been working 40 years, and have run my own business for 35 of those years. I have seen the world (many many many times), in fact everywhere except the great land down south and so now it's time to see my own country.

I started the MWTS in 2005 when I first moved to Brisbane, went to a Broncos game, saw a heap of fans all sitting everywhere and thought "I have to change that". And despite a slow start the MWTS are now a force to be reckoned with (which I am sure you'll all agree).

Vidmar and I won't let the MWTS down, we are working on some contingencies right now to have it continue and will make an annoucement when we can....BUT in the interim, I am "out of here".

Friday is my last day and then early next week I head off for an almost 2 month 4WD adventure through the middle of Western Australia across to the Northern territory and back into Queensland...and that's only the start of what we have planned.

This isn't "farewell", I'll still be a contributing member of Silvertails but I'll be talking more of a "back seat" with the MWTS.

Cheers all and GO MANLY

Enjoy the trip , hopefully you will be basking in the glory of the Blues restoring the correct balance of power to the world of rugby league by the time you take off .

First we lost Mouse, now Mark:(

Hope to see you at more Sydney Games at least :idea:

@Vidmar, are you still kicking on? :D

Enjoy retirement and the trip. Most jealous would love to do that.

Mark we have been chatting over email but id like to echo my sentiment. You have been a valuable sponsor and partner for Silvertails and your contriburion to bringing supporters together has been second to none. Thank you and enjoy retirement.

If your grey nomad retirement drags you through my neck of the woods let me know and we will catch up. Enjoy it mate

Good on you Mark. Enjoy your time and may you convert many to support Manly on your travels. I can picture little Sea Eagles Supporter hubs popping up all over the country.

Mark from Brisbane said:
bones said:
Don't believe him everyone. He is going to the Bulldogs and changing his name to Mark From Belmore.

Can i just say one thing f**k Des Hasler no way I am going there LOL Bones

Oh and thanks everyone muchly appreciated

Haha gold. Enjoy those dusty red dirt tracks Mark! Post some travel pics GE hat style :)

HappilyManly said:
First we lost Mouse, now Mark:(

Hope to see you at more Sydney Games at least :idea:

@Vidmar, are you still kicking on? :D

Oh for sure!...I'm not nearly as old as Mark....

You old bugger :)

Mark you have given many of us experiences of a lifetime. England in 2009 was amazing as have been the many game day experiences you have offered for both qld games and grand finals.

I hope if manly do win a premiership you may come out of retirement for a WCC III tour :). Hope you have a blast on you 4wd adventures.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6