MWSE statement regarding Luke Burgess

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Long way to go int his story by the looks, but it stands to reason manly would have a good legal foothold against the NRL for dereliction of duty if they said burgess was ok to sign if there are going to be further punishments handed down, they're could also be a settlement
for Manly's name been dragged through the mud because of their ineptness. Our press release has a slightly terse undertone , and we are probably pissed about the bad publicity this has generated for us. Interesting times

Losing Burgess is just the start. They'll be hauling our bossman in there soon. Somehow this'll be Joe's fault.

Long way to go int his story by the looks, but it stands to reason manly would have a good legal foothold against the NRL for dereliction of duty if they said burgess was ok to sign if there are going to be further punishments handed down, they're could also be a settlement
for Manly's name been dragged through the mud because of their ineptness. Our press release has a slightly terse undertone , and we are probably pissed about the bad publicity this has generated for us. Interesting times

I was going to say as long as they got it in writing with signatures...( insert a hearty Shaun Micallef laugh here........ !).
....as if that matters anymore.

But....don't we all admire Arko for his saying of "never air your dirty laundry in public?"

Guys got drunk, punched a bouncer (which I am kinda happy with.....many bouncers are jerks) a bit of time in the drunk tank....no charges laid....what's the problem?

Oh....the precious media didn't all get immediate phone calls so they could continue their click bait headlines!

I can't believe people are feeling outraged on someone like rothfool's behalf!!!!

On one hand some of you go "sheesh the boys can't even go out for a beer without being hounded for any tiny action they do." - and now it's 'oh we should be told every little thing!!!'

I don't see anything wrong with the burgess-sutton club response actions (at least burgess will get better character progression than sutton at souffs.)

We see how the papers go off about willie mason and his brother having a wrestle....if I were souffs...why on earth would I tell the media. They have no right to know and are a bunch of rumour inspiring agenda driven talentless hacks.

Go buy a lollypop.

edit: That was supposed to sound much less sanctimonious then it reads, sorry!

Last edited:
Also from the video of the arrest, OF COURSE Sutton is wearing a Raiders hat. Uniform of dickheads everywhere...

Go buy a lollypop.
!

Pffft..buy? I'm going to steal 2 lollypops in my Manly jersey. CCTV will capture this. Then I'm going to eat one of them in front of my Prep class in a very teasing manner ensuring that they all cry.
The second one I'm posting to Willie Mason.

Huge Manly scandal coming up featuring a heartless Manly fan running a crime syndicate that includes players receiving stolen goods.:p

I got the impression from reports that Sutton was asked to leave the bar and defied the order, spat on the bar and security guy got involved. Luke wrestled security guy to the ground where he got his head knock. Police arrested both and they spent 9 hours in lock up. Luke paid security guy for assault and both walked free with no charges laid.

Then again is this the whole truth, nothing but the truth?

In some states of the US (and I'm thinking Arizona is one), you can do just that and it's legal, not considered a bribe. As long as the matter is minor, it's fine.

But will the NRL accept that? or will they now go after Burgess or both of them.

But....don't we all admire Arko for his saying of "never air your dirty laundry in public?"

Guys got drunk, punched a bouncer (which I am kinda happy with.....many bouncers are jerks) a bit of time in the drunk tank....no charges laid....what's the problem?

Oh....the precious media didn't all get immediate phone calls so they could continue their click bait headlines!

I can't believe people are feeling outraged on someone like rothfool's behalf!!!!

On one hand some of you go "sheesh the boys can't even go out for a beer without being hounded for any tiny action they do." - and now it's 'oh we should be told every little thing!!!'

I don't see anything wrong with the burgess-sutton club response actions (at least burgess will get better character progression than sutton at souffs.)

We see how the papers go off about willie mason and his brother having a wrestle....if I were souffs...why on earth would I tell the media. They have no right to know and are a bunch of rumour inspiring agenda driven talentless hacks.

Go buy a lollypop.

edit: That was supposed to sound much less sanctimonious then it reads, sorry!
So a guy stopping a drunk getting drunker (ie doing his job avoiding $5k fine and $50k fine for his employer is a jerk because reasons? ) is a jerk

Only if you are a drunkard or picking fights is this guy a jerk

So a guy stopping a drunk getting drunker (ie doing his job avoiding $5k fine and $50k fine for his employer is a jerk because reasons? ) is a jerk

Only if you are a drunkard or picking fights is this guy a jerk
I still don't get why if they're over there doing altitude training why they need a night out on the piss. They are supposed to be professional athletes. League really needs to drive a wedge between the game and the booze culture associated with it*.

*this rant was proudly brought to you by VB

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
But will the NRL accept that? or will they now go after Burgess or both of them.

long time lurker first time poster. I thought I should get involved.

It is the case that for misdemeanour offenses in Arizona you can pay restitution to the victim. I completely think they've probably acted like peanuts and got themselves into some hot water. What I find funny is that no one in the public would ever have known about this. it wasn't bringing the game into disrepute because it was unknown. So now some muppet reporter tracks down a story to pull out of his arse and drag the nrl through the mud over something that was dead and buried.

its punishment for the sake of punishment. If the story doesn't get pursued like a petty gossip column then the game isn't damaged. So why not punish the journo. stop giving him press passes and access to people because as far as I'm concerned he's bringing the game into disrepute as well. Foreign laws, foreign rules that have been obeyed.

p.s. just as an aside if this was in aus and people actually knew about it or if it was something more serious then hammer them but this just stinks of a waste of time.

p.p.s. throw the book at the 'integrity' unit.

I still don't get why if they're over there doing altitude training why they need a night out on the piss. They are supposed to be professional athletes. League really needs to drive a wedge between the game and the booze culture associated with it*.

*this rant was proudly brought to you by VB

I agree, its crazy how many players get into trouble because of alcohol.

Some of these guys get paid a lot of money to do the thing they love doing, logic would dictate you learn to behave.

Nothing wrong with having a drink or 2 but the nrl should come down harder on inappropriate drunken behaviour.

There isnt many employers that would tolerate their $100k+ employee making headlines for drunken behaviour.

It is the case that for misdemeanour offenses in Arizona you can pay restitution to the victim. I completely think they've probably acted like peanuts and got themselves into some hot water. What I find funny is that no one in the public would ever have known about this. it wasn't bringing the game into disrepute because it was unknown. So now some muppet reporter tracks down a story to pull out of his arse and drag the nrl through the mud over something that was dead and buried.

its punishment for the sake of punishment. If the story doesn't get pursued like a petty gossip column then the game isn't damaged. So why not punish the journo. stop giving him press passes and access to people because as far as I'm concerned he's bringing the game into disrepute as well. Foreign laws, foreign rules that have been obeyed.

p.s. just as an aside if this was in aus and people actually knew about it or if it was something more serious then hammer them but this just stinks of a waste of time.

Good point well made

Great analysis there Lurker. Just to be clear on this, if the NRL and all clubs can successfully sweep all of these misdemeanors under the carpet then the game won't be brought into disrepute............got it.

So what we need is NOT an integrity Unit, we need a cover up unit. Hah, they have just the men for the job already on staff named Greenberg & Richardson.

Well said.

This is a big point of difference between the AFL and NRL "journo's".
The AFL journo's try to protect their game with what they do/don't report.
The NRL journo's try to want it on the front page and think everyone should know every little misdemeanour regardless of the damage it may do to the game. All this serves to do is that Joe Public only ever sees/hears the crap.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2