MWRLFC AGM - Wednesday 30 November

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rosko

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The Football Club AGM is this Wednesday night.
Life Membership nominee is Head Trainer, Alex Ross (with the club 26 years).
No details yet about football matters - who will attend and answer questions - CEO? Coach?

Please find here the Notice of Meeting for the Nineteenth Annual General Meeting of the Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club to be held at 7pm on Wednesday 30 November 2022 at the Manly-Warringah Rugby Leagues Club, Pittwater Road, Brookvale.

We will also be putting forward a nomination for Life Membership of our Football Club.

See you there.
Cliff Lyons (Chairman)
Alan Thompson
Julie Sibraa
Scotty Wilcox
Nick Curulli
Alf Czharn

Woo T not woo F

And... I'm not sure that makes much of a difference...lol.

Sheesh.... 11.45pm..!

G'night and get yer forms in!
Must have had a spot on the screen! Any chance to broaden your horizons. Sleep tight!

I attended the meeting.

We heard from new CEO Tony Mestrov about what their immediate goals and priorities are.

He mentioned repeatedly that there was a disconnect at the club over many things and it is his intention to bring back the Manly DNA to the club.

He said as well that there is no player bigger than the club and that moving forward regarding any pride round that it would be the responsibility of the NRL to drive it and and communicate with all stakeholders.

As he only 4 months into the job he said that he is assessing what is needed to best help the club.

He commented about the Broncos home game being up in Brisbane and that it is not a good thing for the club.

I asked him about the Blacktown arrangement and he said that he want to truly understand the situation before he comments further.

His big concern was the state of our juniors and the pathways program and how this is going to be addressed moving forward.

He was candid about why Des was replaced and talked up Seibolds qualities and that we have an experienced coaching set up to support him.

We inducted a new life member tonight. Alex Ross has served the club as a trainer and his roles include the work he does on game days and the love the players have for him. We heard tributes from Brett Stewart and Lachlan Croker about him and heard from the man himself and he is such a deserving person to be made a life member.

It was a positive meeting and made me feel that we are moving forward and that the focus is to reconnect with the fans, members and playing group and bring us back together and heal the wounds from 2022.

I attended the meeting.

We heard from new CEO Tony Mestrov about what their immediate goals and priorities are.

He mentioned repeatedly that there was a disconnect at the club over many things and it is his intention to bring back the Manly DNA to the club.

He said as well that there is no player bigger than the club and that moving forward regarding any pride round that it would be the responsibility of the NRL to drive it and and communicate with all stakeholders.

As he only 4 months into the job he said that he is assessing what is needed to best help the club.

He commented about the Broncos home game being up in Brisbane and that it is not a good thing for the club.

I asked him about the Blacktown arrangement and he said that he want to truly understand the situation before he comments further.

His big concern was the state of our juniors and the pathways program and how this is going to be addressed moving forward.

He was candid about why Des was replaced and talked up Seibolds qualities and that we have an experienced coaching set up to support him.

We inducted a new life member tonight. Alex Ross has served the club as a trainer and his roles include the work he does on game days and the love the players have for him. We heard tributes from Brett Stewart and Lachlan Croker about him and heard from the man himself and he is such a deserving person to be made a life member.

It was a positive meeting and made me feel that we are moving forward and that the focus is to reconnect with the fans, members and playing group and bring us back together and heal the wounds from 2022.
I did not realise that I was sitting next to the legendary @SheridanStand78…
Great summary, I will just add a couple of points.
Mestrov made it clear that he had a say in the choice of coach, and that ‘things had to change’ - starting with Des. He endorsed Seibold very much in the same terms as yesterday’s presser. Seibold’s ability to relate to the young Polynesian players was emphasised - by implication, Des struggled with this.
The CEO and (he said) the coaches strongly believe we have an outstanding roster, capable of at least top 8 and will further develop to top 4. (Many of us on here respectfully disagree with this assessment, but hope he’s a good judge of both playing and coaching talent).

If he has concerns about playing a Manly home game against Brisbane in Brisbane - then he might be at loggerheads with Clueless Scott - who thinks with his wallet, in between plotting revenge over Manly legends that figuratively looked at him sideways. Geoff Toovey and Des Hasler say ‘Hi!’

Pass the popcorn. This virtual ride could get interesting.

Wonder why a bit of concern expressed by Mesrov about the juniors and junior pathways system . Maybe only average results thus season but quite impressive in previous seasons or so . Hopefully were other well engaged personal apart from Kirsty Fulton to continue the previous productive programs . Just again don't have some of the natural advantages of many other clubs with junior catchment areas and numbers . Whatever concerns he has , certainly hope that they can be addressed very soon .

Yeah I agree that the juniors have performed very well at least since about 2015, maybe the concern is that the gun juniors haven’t necessarily kicked on to be gun first graders? Or that the club failed to notice that hynes, gutho, ramien, garner etc were going places.

Mestrov gave a lot of emphasis to local juniors and local community. Nothing specific to announce yet (except the point he wants to get us out of the Brisbane home game deal).
Another question was where we stand with a women's program. He basically said we want to go for NRLW in 2025 (as per media stories), but can't afford it unless the NRL increases the financial subsidy to clubs - on that part of the deal, NRL and clubs are still at 'loggerheads'.

I tell ya, the more I hear from Mestrov , the more I’m feeling we finally have the right man at the helm.

I reckon he’s a “ take no **** “ sort of guy and I reckon that would include the owners.

I’m sure one of the conversations before he was appointed was , “ I know what needs to be done and I’ll take this job if you leave me the **** alone to do it “.

I tell ya, the more I hear from Mestrov , the more I’m feeling we finally have the right man at the helm.

I reckon he’s a “ take no **** “ sort of guy and I reckon that would include the owners.

I’m sure one of the conversations before he was appointed was , “ I know what needs to be done and I’ll take this job if you leave me the **** alone to do it “.
He spoke well, showed his passion and disappointment about where we are? And determination to fix things. He reckons fixing Manly is much easier than his previous role with the greyhound industry. He's no nonsense and made it clear that we must be together as we move forward. I agree with you, hes what we need in a CEO!

Yeah I agree that the juniors have performed very well at least since about 2015, maybe the concern is that the gun juniors haven’t necessarily kicked on to be gun first graders? Or that the club failed to notice that hynes, gutho, ramien, garner etc were going places.
Reading between the lines (and consistent with Rosko's post) I thought it was the actual Northern beaches juniors that have been left to wilt a bit because we've been bringing in gun youngsters from Western Sydney to play in our junior reps. Sounds like Mestrov is not interested in quick fixes but wants to get the whole show on a solid footing for the future too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4