MWRL Football Club AGM 2011 (and Proxy voting)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks Wheel, pretty much covers it.

The elected board consists of the previoulsy elected board of the following:-

Peter Bryant
Chris Jones
Bob Stevenson
Bob Reilly

Previous board member Damien Smith has resigned due to work commitments and Cliff Lyons has moved to the Leagues Club board

New board members are:-

Peter Peters
Rory Muscat

and Philip Dean remains as company secretary

Thanks TW. I get the sense that Mike Baird would like to give the Council some money for the ground, if they can prove that they won't piss it up the wall on another round of consultations and/or installation of a world championship badminton court on the site of the caretaker's cottage and a bush toilet for the local pooches.

Hopefully the Club are working behind the scenes to pick up some funds for the new tiered seating in front of the JT stand etc.

Hi Guys,

Was there any discussion re Des's (or the media's) accusation of friction with Bob R and the alluded contribution to Des leaving?

Guys obviously couldn't make it. Question are bob and Melinda still the appointed mwse board members?

If so and nothing personal against Melinda but I find it disappointing that a person who isn't on the elected board is representing the football club at a mwse level.

Vidmar do u know if tinker is staying on as Scott penns third board member or is he being replaced

Cambo said:
Guys obviously couldn't make it. Question are bob and Melinda still the appointed mwse board members?

If so and nothing personal against Melinda but I find it disappointing that a person who isn't on the elected board is representing the football club at a mwse level.

I don't see the problem with this?

Surely it is a good thing that the football club has the flexibility to appoint the best person to the role. Someone who can not only represent the interests of the members, but also be of direct value to the Sea Eagles in terms of their skills, knowledge, experience and contacts they can bring to the Sea Eagles.

If a corporate high flyer was interested and available, should they be knocked back because they don't have the time or inclination to also sit on the football club board.

The Penn's appointed Kerrie Chryisillu as one of their reps because she can also add value to the Sea Eagles as a lawyer and with her experience working with Major League Baseball on intellectual property issues etc.

If the person appointed is not representing the members interest then the football club board can always replace them at any time.

The argument would make more sense if people were questioning whether Melinda was the best person available to fulfil that role, not whether that role should just be limited to the 7 football club directors, but everyone seems to polite about not wanting to offend Melinda personally.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6