[moved] Does hiding the salary hide the hidden agendas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[quote author=Ryan]

An assistant / secretary / PA would not be employed in the FIRST place unless they had a view to step up, and that means relieving the person that is away.

Actually our CEO has just gone overseas and was giving me a rundown on a few things that needed to be done in his absence and some he had put of till he gets back. 1 of which was putting of quite a few meetings for big jobs we are bidding for, maybe I should have told him to send his PA ;)

[/quote]

LoL - to a degree YOUR his assistant too Garts - your just a pleb that will do his bidding when he's away. It's a fact of life. If your line of work means you work for somebody else, it generally means they are the boss....you...the direct or indirect subordinate.

True Ryan when our banker was away on leave we had some junior dealing with our account, but they were also completely farking useless.

I was saying a receptionist can not step into a senior role and do the senior persons job adequately, and I stand by that. I am correct!!!

[quote author=Garts]
[quote author=Ryan]

An assistant / secretary / PA would not be employed in the FIRST place unless they had a view to step up, and that means relieving the person that is away.

Actually our CEO has just gone overseas and was giving me a rundown on a few things that needed to be done in his absence and some he had put of till he gets back. 1 of which was putting of quite a few meetings for big jobs we are bidding for, maybe I should have told him to send his PA ;)

[/quote]

LoL - to a degree YOUR his assistant too Garts - your just a pleb that will do his bidding when he's away. It's a fact of life. If your line of work means you work for somebody else, it generally means they are the boss....you...the direct or indirect subordinate.
[/quote]

Whats this got to do with a receptionist/pa doing the job of a CEO?

I was saying a receptionist can not step into a senior role and do the senior persons job adequately, and I stand by that. I am correct!!!

What a blanket statement.

A person can do whatever they want if they put their mind to it.

True Ryan when our banker was away on leave we had some junior dealing with our account, but they were also completely farking useless.

Mate - that's pretty tough re that guy. Was there enough training. Was there enough coaching beforehand etc? I can say my assistant (customers call her my secretary, but I think that's demeaning) is exceptional, and know that when I go on leave when the missus pops - she'll step up very easily.

I may even make her an honorary poster ;) ;) If you blokes weren't all mugs !!! ;) ;)

[quote author=Garts]I was saying a receptionist can not step into a senior role and do the senior persons job adequately, and I stand by that. I am correct!!!

[/quote]

So Monas can become Manlys first choice halfback?

[quote author=Garts]I was saying a receptionist can not step into a senior role and do the senior persons job adequately, and I stand by that. I am correct!!!

[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I will put my mind to pulling on the Manly jumper in the future, If I put my mind to it will it happen? :drunk: :drunk:

[quote author=Ryan]
Garts & Cliffy Is God....you have obviously never worked in the corporate world.

Example. John Stewarts assistant, steps up into John Stewarts shoes when he is away 4 weeks of the year. Not as well, but steps up.

Think BIGGER guys.

Does being Finance Manager for a company with a turnover in excess of $10 million count as the corporate world?

[/quote]

Similarly, does working in the marketing department of a multinational pharmaceutical company with sales of over 42 000 m Swiss Francs count?

Ryan I can sort of see what your saying. But somewhere in this thread the word CEO was mentioned and then your post popped up about PA/SEC being able to do their job was mentioned. I assumed it was in reference to the CEO role, which in 9 cases out of 10 they would not be able to perform at anywhere near 100% capacity. That was my point.

I can see what you are saying to a degree. For example I have no doubt a manager at a big accouting firm could step into the partners role when they are on holidays and do the job well however a junior graduate could not. Thats what I am saying regarding the receptionist.

If your assistant is so good do the right thing by her and get her a bankers role. Dont hold her back because she makes you look good ;)

[quote author=fLIP]

[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I will put my mind to pulling on the Manly jumper in the future, If I put my mind to it will it happen? :drunk: :drunk:

[/quote]

I just put my mind to jumping of my high-rise, wonder if I will survive? :dance:

Tonight Nutz ;)

BTW, guys I happen to know a lady who started as an office assistant. In 10 years she became the Asia Pacific Manager for Australia's largest serviced office company.

I can see what you are saying to a degree. For example I have no doubt a manager at a big accouting firm could step into the partners role when they are on holidays and do the job well however a junior graduate could not. Thats what I am saying regarding the receptionist.

If your assistant is so good do the right thing by her and get her a bankers role. Dont hold her back because she makes you look good ;)

Mate - there's a reason I'm on here so often ! She is a gun !! Hehehehe

I'm wondering whether the census here is not so much a receptionists can't step up into another role and more that receptionists are mostly female. Couldn't have a woman doing a man's job could we???

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4