[moved] Does hiding the salary hide the hidden agendas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Equally, so is Garts'. Any secretary can take calls and messages for the CEO while they're away for a few days. But they can't replace them long term.

[/quote]

Your analogy still was a bad one, very bad actually. A secretary cant go out and win work for a company.

Anyway I agree Monas aint the long term half and Orford sh!ts on him from a great height.

Now no more Monas talk!!!! I give Mata 1 day ;)

Agree to a point Manlybacker. If he was going to be the starting halfback for us I would have thought $180k to $200k is fair however now he is not and now we are stuffed.

Some seem to think Orford coming here was a done deal when Monas was signed. Dont forget all the rumours going around that Orford was coming to Manly then he was not coming. What happened if we missed Orford and lost Monas? Who would be half then?

Maybe Mngt or Delmege were of the opinion the odds of getting Orford were not great and we had to cover our arses, being stuck with Monas now could very be well partially Orfords fault for chopping and changing his mind.
Exactly. Monas re-signed on June 6 so nothing could have been concrete with Ox until after June 30. He was Captain and this followed MOM performances.
Mata - :naughty:

As a matter of fact, his signing followed the club being dragged through the mud in the newspapers for months.

Mata. :stupid:

Monas is a proven match winner time and time again...........you keep on bringing this garbage up to encourage posters to look and debate. But in reality it keeps plenty, of proposed new posters away. All you are doing is preaching to the ones who are used to your BS. Which is about 20 ST posters.

If you want to give this place some Zing. Try a different topic.... Maybe a thread on how wise Mundine is. :roll:

Everyone knows that Cummings had a lot to answer for, with the Monas debacle.

For a little while there i was thinking i was the only one who thought what Mata's was coming up with was tired, old and to an extent wrong

Moving on nutz.............

I think you are both floggin the dead horse. enough is enough..

Garts & Cliffy Is God....you have obviously never worked in the corporate world.

An assistant / secretary / PA would not be employed in the FIRST place unless they had a view to step up, and that means relieving the person that is away.

Example. John Stewarts assistant, steps up into John Stewarts shoes when he is away 4 weeks of the year. Not as well, but steps up.

Think BIGGER guys.

Garts & Cliffy Is God....you have obviously never worked in the corporate world.

An assistant / secretary / PA would not be employed in the FIRST place unless they had a view to step up, and that means relieving the person that is away.

ridiculous :lol:

Example. John Stewarts assistant, steps up into John Stewarts shoes when he is away 4 weeks of the year. Not as well, but steps up.

Think BIGGER guys.

What a stupid ****ing statement. Ryan I have been kind in letting some of your posts slide lately but this is crap. To cut 2 blokes down by saying they have never worked in the corporate world and then go on to say what you have oozes stupidity.

For one, any prospective CEO has generally studied there arse off and in most cases will have an MBA etc. No PA's/Sectrataries/Assistants I know (and I know a lot) would have anywhere near those qualifications nor the deisre to become a CEO one day.

The difference between those roles and a CEO is light years. When the CEO is on leave he/she would be covered by either the CFO or the GM, or Commercial Manager, those are positions that are qualified to take the reigns.

Think BIGGER guys.

Does being Finance Manager for a company with a turnover in excess of $10 million count as the corporate world?

Actually our CEO has just gone overseas and was giving me a rundown on a few things that needed to be done in his absence and some he had put of till he gets back. 1 of which was putting of quite a few meetings for big jobs we are bidding for, maybe I should have told him to send his PA ;)

[quote author=Ryan]

An assistant / secretary / PA would not be employed in the FIRST place unless they had a view to step up, and that means relieving the person that is away, if or when they are away. Mickey Mouse can't step up?

Think BIGGER guys.

What a stupid ****ing statement. Ryan I have been kind in letting some of your posts slide lately but this is crap. To cut 2 blokes down by saying they have never worked in the corporate world and then go on to say what you have oozes stupidity.

For one, any prospective CEO has generally studied there arse off and in most cases will have an MBA etc. No PA's/Sectrataries/Assistants I know (and I know a lot) would have anywhere near those qualifications nor the deisre to become a CEO one day.

The difference between those roles and a CEO is light years. When the CEO is on leave he/she would be covered by either the CFO or the GM, or Commercial Manager, those are positions that are qualified to take the reigns.
[/quote]

Doug - I'll tell you as FACT, and without swearing, that in the finance sector, the "assistant", who may or may NOT have a degree, will always step up into the role of a senior Banker who would be on $140k+.

I would then say Orford is light years ahead of Monaghan, who has been asked to step up into Orford's shoes until he returns.

That's what this whole argument is about.

Garts and CLiffy Is God's statements suggest that this is not the case - wheras I see it and live it every single day. I am also versed in the inner workings of other finance sectors "succession planning" so to speak, and it always consistent with ours.

So - if someone is making a sweeping comment to critique another person's view, and that theory is unsubstantiated, I am free to say so - as effing stupid as that sounds.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6