• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you've never ridden before and I assume you don't have a licence how do you intend on test riding these bikes ?? I don't want to be a smart Alec but why would you be contemplating dumping a lot of money on a brand new bike. Buy something cheap till you work out where you are going with all this. And as quite rightly pointed out don't skimp on the riding gear.

Spot on C & C , personally I hate them BUT Cruisers are ideal to learn on, you'd pick up a 250 learner for not much. Up here there are learner courses called Q Ride, ideal really

Mark from Brisbane said:
Ha Global, they are high quality these days, especially the triples the 955 ( old now) replaced by the 1050 Engine are spectacular. So much low down torque , just amazing to be in 6th gear cruising at 110 and come up behind a car and a simple flick if the wrist gets you around without even changing down. The only issue is you look down at the speedo to see you are doing about 170, whoa baby time to ease off !!

Most of the modern bikes are so quick, my bike weighs 235kg and has 104 BHP, my Prado weighs 2.5 tonnes and has 135........ Enough said

Liked!

Chip and Chase said:
If you've never ridden before and I assume you don't have a licence how do you intend on test riding these bikes ?? I don't want to be a smart Alec but why would you be contemplating dumping a lot of money on a brand new bike. Buy something cheap till you work out where you are going with all this. And as quite rightly pointed out don't skimp on the riding gear.

I've always bought second hand cars....always had issues, bikes your on, not in, being in your vehicle offers some protection

I was looking at $4-13k range which admittedly won't be great but should so the job as my first new vehicle lol, even my push bikes were hand me downs.never had new

Pay for some training, get a small bike to start with and the right safety gear......that's all you need to know at this point. V Rod ( if you get sucked in by the hype) is way into the future, but before you outlay 30k plus on a bunch of worthless metal just do yourself a favour, ride other brands first. You want out and out speed, try a Ducati, you want superb engineering and longevity try BMW, plenty of the jap brands are good as well, and of course I favour Triumph but that's a personal choice.

Yeah I will do that thanks

So bottom line 250-500cc but comfortable position and lots of safety gear or atleast jacket gloves and obviously helmet,5 speed better than 6 speed

I thought that bike was a fair bit cheaper than that, prices I seen in the shop were half that, not sure i'm willing to part with $30k for any bike let alone a brand where I like for one single vehicle out of a range that otherwise looks ****, surly the quality of the product must be ok right? I don't like big amounts of chrome or to much sound but that one was different to the others, like a HSV calls to you in the Holden dealer its level of abnoxious seemed to fit, either way that's another 18 months from now atleast and probably just a mood more than a choice

You might get a 4 or 5 year old for that , probably flogged out ( they don't last long). I think new they are in excess of 30k. I went on a big ride a few years ago 600-800 k a day for 3-4 days, we had a BMW 1200 tourer , couple of Yammie 1200 tourers , a guy on a Yamaha Cruiser, me on the Trumpy and a guy on a V Rod. Long, hard days....the V Rod guy lasted ONE day, nearly killed him, they shake and shudder, have brake fade, overheat and he had to stop every hour or so. He stayed the night and then took two full days to get home. In the interim the rest of us had done another 2500kms.....I have many more stories like this.

Look, they sound good ( personally I don't like the sound but that's just me) and they have an " image", buy one and you feel like you have " the look".

BUT never ever think that HD are good! They are however great at marketing, just look in the mirror....you got sucked in.

Mark from Brisbane said:
You might get a 4 or 5 year old for that , probably flogged out ( they don't last long). I think new they are in excess of 30k. I went on a big ride a few years ago 600-800 k a day for 3-4 days, we had a BMW 1200 tourer , couple of Yammie 1200 tourers , a guy on a Yamaha Cruiser, me on the Trumpy and a guy on a V Rod. Long, hard days....the V Rod guy lasted ONE day, nearly killed him, they shake and shudder, have brake fade, overheat and he had to stop every hour or so. He stayed the night and then took two full days to get home. In the interim the rest of us had done another 2500kms.....I have many more stories like this.

Look, they sound good ( personally I don't like the sound but that's just me) and they have an " image", buy one and you feel like you have " the look".

BUT never ever think that HD are good! They are however great at marketing, just look in the mirror....you got sucked in.

Good mate of mine hired a brand new road king a couple years ago. Lasted 50km and overheated and that was it. He rang the guy up and he said yeah just have a rest let it cool down for 20 mins and it should start. Meanwhile you can ride a japanese 600 or litre bike around a track all day, wring its neck and go twice the speed and it will never let you down.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8