MVP: Most Valuable player for [Round 17: Sea Eagles v Sharks 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tafua
Snake
Mateo - best game all season as he did not do stupid passes

Big Willie was good and Starling is getting more match fitness and confidence.

Snake was fantastic today, caused mayhem down our left side attack,. made tries , so unlucky not to score one and a great couple of try saving tackles.

Jorge is back to his best, lots of metres coming out of trouble and finishing off 3 great moves and the final pass for another one.

Feleti was threatening all game out wide and cause the sharks lots of headaches.

Really good to see that our main guys were quieter and we still won comfortably in the end.

Very happy with a win as they have been scarce this season. However, we were far from great. Cronulla did not turn up today, AT all. There wasn't even a brief period where they looked remotely competitive, despite Frankenklein doing all he could to bring them back into it. But with the lack of team confidence and poor execution this year, I'll gladly take the two and just continue to hope.

Forwards. Looked better in the middle today than they have for a while.

Starling was much better and provided some good aggression up the middle when he came on, big improvement on last week. Poked through the line for quick play the balls numerous times.

Mason provided some good aggressive running to get the forwards on the front foot early in the game.

Sao. Impressive. Some excellent hard runs that penetrated.

Mateo was impressive, good involvement in attack, both off-loading and hitting it up. Still vulnerable to stupid decisions which is the flip side of his moments of brilliance. He has an uncanny knack of passing when he shouldn’t and holding it when he should let it go. He can be lazy when he doesn’t have the ball in hand.

Lui had a couple of good hard runs too, but unfortunately negated them with a few dumb errors. A couple of dropped balls in the attacking zone and gave away a silly penalty.

Jake was super solid again and a couple a good offloads. His value is in bringing that consistency and reliability to the forward pack. We look better with him on.

Symonds. A bit quiet today, though busy defensively. A stupid penalty given away just before half time that gave the Sharks their first try. Has never quite reached the level I had hoped, well certainly not with any consistency. Just not enough quality hole-running from him for my liking.

Burgess. Fair game. Some good runs without anything spectacular.

Ballin looked offensively more dangerous and organised than I can remember despite the uncharacteristic lesser minutes on the field. Perhaps the breather helped freshen him up?

Now, the big question of Hodges… I like the energy he brings to the team, however, it is somewhat negated because he doesn't seem to think with a team mindset but follows quite selfish impulses too often. While his dummy half delivery was quite poor initially, it did settle down and you could put that down to nerves early on. The biggest problem I saw with Hodges today was his erratic inconsistency from dummy half. He was making it extremely difficult for the playmakers (particularly DCE) and runners to work off him. They just didn't know when to expect the ball or where it would be coming from. This is something that could be worked on over time as combinations build.

DCE, was a bit out of sorts today, but I believe some of that had more to do with the above-mentioned erratic delivery of Hodges. It seemed to cramp DCE at times and deprived him of precious time to do his thing. I remember a couple of hospital passes in one particular set in the second half to poor DCE. He also needed some deep hard running forwards running smart lines as he probed the defense on numerous times (hello Symonds). Apart from that one attempted 40-20 that went out on the full, DCE's kicking game was immense. He made some incredible meters today kicking for touch and a couple of general play kicks.

Brett. A few brilliant quality touches in three of our tries and a couple of brilliant tackles to defuse dangerous breaks. When he injected himself in the game it was all class and quality. Noticed he seemed keener to run the ball today.

Matai was a little quiet by his usual lofty standards, but still some good running from deep in our half to support the forwards. Forms a great defensive combo with Jorge on the defensive left side too.

Jorge was huge today. He looked to be really enjoying his footy and playing with confidence, more so than any other Manly player out there. That catch and pass for Stevie’s try was a brilliant touch and unexpected.

T-Turbo. Not his best game today, but still some good moments and we have to expect that while he is developing. It is definitely worth giving him on-going time on the field to develop his reading of the game. Needs to be smarter defensively and get his head out of that looking for the intercept mentality common to offensive-minded lower grades. Also has some physical growing to do, but a really exciting prospect. I like having Lyon beside him.

Lyon brought some real confidence and positive energy to the team today. What a great leader and very happy to see him back. Apart from that missed cover tackle at the beginning of the game (which Snake so brilliantly defused) he put in an epic defensive effort today.

Foz. Had some good moments, with some direct running and up-tempo energy. Some really inconsistent and poor kicking at times, and also some poor decisions in running versus passing. Not near his best by a long shot, but still adds value to the team recently.

Frankenklein… one of the most inept referring performances I’ve seen for a while. He was probably lucky that the Sharks didn’t turn up and pull off a comeback win because that performance would have been high-lighted more so than what it was.

Snake
Jorge
Willie
Snake creates points and saves them. Jorge, ran hard all day, gets a trifecta, gives Matai a great inside ball. Willie, looked hungry for metres today, great effort, especially his first stint.

Not far off were Mateo and Foran. Foran was huge in the 1st half, went a bit quiet after that knock in the 2nd. Mateo looks like he is firmly entrenched with the Polynesia Mafia in Jorge and Stevie, the boys had some good banter happening after each of their trys.

Thought Mateo was great, sticking his mitts out and giving a few quality offloads.

Voting closed.

3 Snake
2 Horhay
1 Jake T

So Jake T takes the overall lead from DCE, with Snake third.

Thanks for voting!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7