Most Open Comp Since 2003

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
voicefromthehill said:
So you are penciling us for a loss at the same time?

Your logic is looking a little shakey in June
:huh:

The 3 Teams with better differential get 4 points for their remaining Byes, Manly only have 2.

Manly have games against the Top 4 sides this month, plus 6 away games to finish on :s

So I expect them to lose one game, as much as I believe that they could win them all :angel:

So differentials will be an issue unless we play both halves :idea:

voicefromthehill said:
Also curious about all these second half lapses you speak of, which are the second half lapses you are talking about?

Look at the match stats as its faster to list games where Manly have won both halves ie last week.

Scumos in rd 1 is a classic clocking off game :dodgy:

HappilyManly said:
voicefromthehill said:

:huh:

The 3 Teams with better differential get 4 points for their remaining Byes, Manly only have 2.

Manly have games against the Top 4 sides this month, plus 6 away games to finish on :s

So I expect them to lose one game, as much as I believe that they could win them all :angel:

So differentials will be an issue unless we play both halves :idea:

We play Dogs and Roosters yes, not panthers this month So no we don't play 'The top 4 sides'

We play the last placed side also. In fact we play 2 bottom 4 sides and 2 top 4 sides in the 5 game period starting our next match.

which games are you penciling in for the loss in the June period (as you suggested) in fact let me know for July also?

Alas, its all probabilities, otherwise I'd become a Professional Punter :sleepy:

The point is, Manly could keep winning, but the 3 Teams I listed would still jump them, when their first Bye is awarded :cool:

HappilyManly said:
Alas, its all probabilities, otherwise I'd become a Professional Punter :sleepy:

The point is, Manly could keep winning, but the 3 Teams I listed would still jump them, when their first Bye is awarded :cool:

OK so you are saying we will drop out of the 4 next round irrespective of our result against the Sharks - glad we cleared that up.........

It is the most open comp I can remember. And if you string together 3 losses in a row.....suddenly top 8 is shakey. You string together 3 wins in a row you will be in the Top 2 and riding high.

The thing that has shocked me is not only how any team can win on any given weekend, but that team can also flog the other team, like us with the Broncs and Tiges. Or then us flogging the Dogs. The Eels get absolutely pumped by the Roosters, then turn around in a few weeks and beat them.

I do think class is slowly starting to filter through and I'd have to say the Top 4 will be us, Dogs and Roosters. The 4th spot is wide open for me, I think the Rabbitohs have gotten over their early season poor form, but just not sure they are back to Top 4 form just yet. And if Inglis is out for an extended period they can kiss Top 4 goodbye.

Penrith and the Eels are certainly Top 4 contenders, but I wonder if the Eels will have the steam to keep going over the Origin period and let down. As usual it's all down to Hayne. The Panthers are just so unaffected by Origin, and they have a steady reliable halves combination. Not spectacular, but they know what needs to be done and they are doing it well. Add in some exciting young talent (Moylan, Mansour, Peachey) and some wise old forwards (Kitey, Taylor, etc) and they look pretty good.

GF tip though is Roosters v Sea Eagles. I just don't think any of the other teams have the fire power to really turn it on come September. The Dogs just don't have dynamics halves or fullback, and the Rabbitohs are perennial chokers.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Alan said:
Hate even comps. Much happier if Manly were 8 points clear.
But last time that happened we didn't even win the comp?!

Got me SER8, I change my statement to read, Much happier when manly is winning a GF by 40 points.

manlyfan76 said:
We probably have the toughest draw of any other team once we dispose of the sharks it's all uphill.
Round 15 - Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Round 16 - Sydney Roosters
Round 17 - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Round 18 - Wests Tigers
Round 19 - St George-Illawarra Dragons
Round 20 - Warriors
Round 21 - Brisbane Broncos
Round 22 - South Sydney
Round 23 - Gold Coast Titans
Round 24 - Parramatta Eels
Round 25 - Penrith Panthers
Round 26 - North Queensland
By the last four rounds we face four teams that will all be desperate for the two points leading into the finals.

egg-zactly.

I think Gus recently (today?) wrote in his column that in the last 12 rounds Manly have 8 away games, and every home game is against a top 8 side, and no more byes.

It's almost if *cough todd cough* was determined to tire out the competition. Lsz likes conspiracies so I bet he backs that claim up!

voicefromthehill said:
HappilyManly said:
voicefromthehill said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
HappilyManly said:
Eight Teams are on equal points if you allocate the BYE

Manly's differential is pathetic and shows up the second half lapses this year :s

Pathetic ? It is 52, in the top half dozen or so
Was probably looking for a statement to match the chosen emoticon.

Rorters +97, Rabbids +96 and Broncos +88 will jump us when they get their BYE points, as they are on 16 and we are on 18 match points. :s

So it is pathetic to go from 3rd to 7th due to our lack of effort in defence :dodgy:

The NRL Ladder is looking shakey for Manly in June :cool:

Exactly - you need to think it through both ways. If we hadn't had a bye yet, we may have had an extra win instead.

HappilyManly said:
voicefromthehill said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
HappilyManly said:

Manly's differential is pathetic and shows up the second half lapses this year :s

Rorters +97, Rabbids +96 and Broncos +88 will jump us when they get their BYE points, as they are on 16 and we are on 18 match points. :s

So it is pathetic to go from 3rd to 7th due to our lack of effort in defence :dodgy:

Well bugger me - we are top of the table!

voicefromthehill said:
HappilyManly said:

OK so you are saying we will drop out of the 4 next round irrespective of our result against the Sharks - glad we cleared that up.........

OK so let me clear this up

Rabbits, Roosters and Panthers all had their bye this weekend - but we are top of the table?!?!?! I'm confused :huh: you assured me we would drop down the table ?!?!?! :huh:

Broncos are now 2 wins behind with 1 Bye in hand? I just don't get it, you told me we would drop out of the four this weekend regardless if results???

HappilyManly said:
Google 'probabilities' and enjoy another Manly win along with the rest of us :idea:

My profession is statistics - can school you on that if you want. Google foolish statements and admit your reasoning was flawed. :idea::angel::s:huh::p:rolleyes::heart:

You continue to look foolish whilst you defend the indefensible

voicefromthehill said:
HappilyManly said:
voicefromthehill said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
HappilyManly said:

Well bugger me - we are top of the table!

voicefromthehill said:
HappilyManly said:

OK so let me clear this up

Rabbits, Roosters and Panthers all had their bye this weekend - but we are top of the table?!?!?! I'm confused :huh: you assured me we would drop down the table ?!?!?! :huh:

Broncos are now 2 wins behind with 1 Bye in hand? I just don't get it, you told me we would drop out of the four this weekend regardless if results???

Now I'm really struggling

Roosters are 4 points behind us with only 1 bye in hand? How do they overtake us now when their final bye gets credited? Broncos are 6 behind with a bye in hand! Bugger me I can't work it out - what is it that will make them overtake us after their byes are paid?

Really voice??

Lol...I'll forgive anything right now mate!

Must be that altitude sickness up here on top of the world, hey?!

Cheers!

RiverEagle said:
Really voice??

Cheers!

Haha - are you calling me vindictive! I'd rather think of it as being an educator :p

It's just twice as funny when it's not me in the middle mate!

End of the day, if we keep winning, the rest is irrelevant.

Cheers. Again!

voicefromthehill said:
RiverEagle said:
Really voice??

Cheers!

Haha - are you calling me vindictive! I'd rather think of it as being an educator :p

More like a dog with a bone, you just won't let it go :p

We are officially favourites for the Comp now!

(With SportsBet on today's Footy Show).

Joel Caine said, '' They (Manly) are really being taken seriously now''.

Some say we're better as underdogs, and under the radar etc. etc. I don't mind either way.

And it's inevitable since we've beaten the Rorters twice, the Rabbids and spanked the Dogs for good measure!

I tell ya folks, this is IT!

(Again...lol).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4