Most injury prone position

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I read somewhere that Kevin Bacon snapped one of his achilles tendons while learning dance moves for one of his movies. Footloose.

mozgrame said:
I read somewhere that Kevin Bacon snapped one of his achilles tendons while learning dance moves for one of his movies. Footloose.

Kevin must be a soft c$&@ injury prone dancer

Just because I love a good argument, the first 20 sites on goggle that said you could strengthen tendons were all bodybuiding sites or trying to sell something.

The first site I visited written by an Orthopedic Surgeon said,

A tendon is just the part of the muscle that attaches the muscle to bone. The tendon itself is made up of collagen fibers, that do not have the ability to contract. So it is not really possible to strengthen the tendon, but you can build up the tendon's muscle.

Usually, it is best to strengthen muscles in their agonist-antagonist pairs. So that the joint which the muscles move does not get muscle bound on one side. Thus, in the thigh, the quads and hamstrings both should be strengthened.

Read more: How do you strengthen tendons ? - Orthopedics Forum - eHealthForum http://ehealthforum.com/health/how-do-you-strengthen-tendons-t325514.html#ixzz34JJTjbB5
Follow us: @ehealthforums on Twitter

The spate of pectoral, bicep and someone just today has been reported as tearing his calf muscle off the bone, are all due to overloading muscle work and not enough stretching etc. Tendon rips off like a scallop :p

More is not always better with strength training. :cool:

HappilyManly said:
The spate of pectoral, bicep and someone just today has been reported as tearing his calf muscle off the bone, are all due to overloading muscle work and not enough stretching etc. Tendon rips off like a scallop :p

More is not always better with strength training. :cool:

So if choc had biceps like Josh Reynolds, he would not have torn his bicep?

Alan said:
Just because I love a good argument, the first 20 sites on goggle that said you could strengthen tendons were all bodybuiding sites or trying to sell something.

The first site I visited written by an Orthopedic Surgeon said,

A tendon is just the part of the muscle that attaches the muscle to bone. The tendon itself is made up of collagen fibers, that do not have the ability to contract. So it is not really possible to strengthen the tendon, but you can build up the tendon's muscle.

Usually, it is best to strengthen muscles in their agonist-antagonist pairs. So that the joint which the muscles move does not get muscle bound on one side. Thus, in the thigh, the quads and hamstrings both should be strengthened.

Read more: How do you strengthen tendons ? - Orthopedics Forum - eHealthForum http://ehealthforum.com/health/how-do-you-strengthen-tendons-t325514.html#ixzz34JJTjbB5
Follow us: @ehealthforums on Twitter

It's a forum. So is this. Noone is certain he is an orthopaedic surgeon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4