Morning all ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
CaptainKickass said:
... And in regards to MrI ... I can confirm despite his appearances, he is and very much visible AND engaged to a smoking hottie !

The man can not only take a good photo, he be punching about 6 divisions above his weight !

Sounds like you want to do an Ettingshausen on him!

Your dilemma, CaptainKickass:

Question: What to do with all those wasted "Be Manly, be a Bulldog" T-shirts?

Suggestion: A tiny, tiny alteration and it works: "Be Manly, beat a Bulldog"

My thoughts on last night was that that was the best team that the Dogs could put on the park. Ours lacked two quality players Foran and T-Rex, and another three or four who hadn't played for a month together. As well, your coach does have intimate knowledge of our players strengths and weaknesses. Not good enough to lose by two, I would have expected, if I was a dogs supporter, a loss by Manly of at least twenty given the home ground, coach and full strength side you put up. If that's the best you can do then you'll struggle to make the eight. Us? We can only get better. Thanks to the dog's players who have played us back into winning form. And really, Homebush is the pits.

No need for sledging. No need for questions.

Just a statement of fact that as a Manly fan on a Manly fan forum I have zero need to hear the admissions of failure, or the ongoing ad nuseum posts of a bulldog supporter coming here to discuss soap opera topics instead of football.

CaptainKickass said:
torana355 said:
Ok i'll bite, it was a great game last night. Dogs played quite well and i think your number 6 is a great player. We are not relieved, we are just happy to get some troops back, at full strength we are a top 4 side that will again challenge for the premiership :)
But it was still going to be a big ask for us considering we're basically without a halfback.

Would have been a big ask if Dogkinson was there anyway .. All he would have done when the pressure was on him is kick it dead from his side of the half or kick it out on the full over the sideline when our chasers pressured him, by not having your halfback there made the game closer for you guys
:p

The dogs asked very few questions of our defense, Barber had moments and Lyon owned Morriss. As DSM5 Manly had 2 great players out plus I suppose Lussick may come back into the 17.

Some of our best players haven't played for ages.

Can we measure he difference in points between the Forans, I suggest 10.

The difference between Harrison and TRex, I suggest 10.

I'd fully expect Manly to beat the Dogs by 10-20 points in the return clash at Brookvale.

The loss of a really good player in Turner is a blow, even though he is a winger it's always hard to replace quality players.

A quick question, do you hate going to that Dump of a ground?

My question is how do you see Hodkinson as a true halfback? Also what do you think of James Graham?

I'll give the dogs this, they played at origin intensity for as long as they could, the hits were tough

Des now sees manly as the new Melbourne, he thinks we can simply be hit out of a game well we aren't Melbourne, the warriors tried that in the gf and our players will hit back harder, for all 2 strategies he came up with here both failed

Passing inside of the ruck failed and so did bash and barge, what i'm shocked with is he hasn't crafted a set play yet, like Snake does with that second man play, he stopped that last night

I have never hated a player nor coach as much as I do Des and I've seen Billy Slater

Afternoon Captiankickass

It has been reported in the media that Canterbury/ Bankstown Bulldogs are one of the wealthiest clubs.

Traditionally there have been stories getting around about associations between the Bulldogs, organised crime and crooked politicians.

Q1 What is the source of the Bulldogs wealth? Seriously where does all this Bulldogs wealth actually come from?

The Bulldogs seem to me to have been very active in the player market over the last 3 -4 years. It seems that whenever a strong player comes on the market they are linked to the Bulldogs, fueling resentment from other clubs and raising questions regarding salary cap.

Q2. Has there been any indication from the club that this will change to a policy of player development under Hasler and Cleal?

Howdy there CK!!

To clarify in a few sentences:
1. CK has met me in real life, so knows the real Mr I, not the rather annoying MR I of internet fame and fortune.
2. CK is a voice of reason amongst Bulldogs fans.

Daddycool said:
Manly defended strongly but lacked cohesion in attack, mostly due to the combination of players out or playing their first game in a while.
GREAT SCOTT!! Are you Kevin Moore? Every single presser (if anyone watched any of ours last year) he pulled out those two words "lacked cohesion".

CaptainKickass said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
G'Day KA, 10 out of 10 for coming back. Tough game last night, and I expect there to be a lot of others in the years to come. Can't wait for the return game later in the year
You know what ... I have NEVER been to Brooky.
In all honesty CK, you need to make the time (even though it's a long hike from your neck of the woods).

Brookvale is up there with Leichardt Oval and BSG in terms of atmosphere. I actually like it as a ground (and for some reason every time I've gone there I've scored parking in the bus lane that only functions Mon-Fri). :)

You, unlike some of the trolls that come here at least have some class.
Now stop it ... I have a reputation to uphold.[/quote]
I guess don't judge a book by it's cover.

Des has turned the Dogs around to be extremely competetive this year, with a bit of luck, eg Turner catching that kick in goal and Goodwin grounding that ball they could have easily beaten us last night. Des is still building the side he wants for the future, whereas we have the side we want now. I think the next couple of years are going to be pretty good for you Doggies supporters and the Dogs Vs Sea Eagles games are going to be absolute ball tearers.
P.S. How good was G Rose last night?

Gotta congratulate both Mr Invisible and Captain Kickass for actually turning up on a Manly forum after their side lost last night.
Not like the Bronco supporters that came on here last year

DSM5 said:
My thoughts on last night was that that was the best team that the Dogs could put on the park. Ours lacked two quality players Foran and T-Rex, and another three or four who hadn't played for a month together. As well, your coach does have intimate knowledge of our players strengths and weaknesses. Not good enough to lose by two, I would have expected, if I was a dogs supporter, a loss by Manly of at least twenty given the home ground, coach and full strength side you put up. If that's the best you can do then you'll struggle to make the eight. Us? We can only get better. Thanks to the dog's players who have played us back into winning form. And really, Homebush is the pits.

Not quite, Hodkinson is out injured.

Besides that, yes.

Still formulating questions for MrI and CK, will be be back either tonight or tommorrow.

I say to Mr Invisible and CK,

Piss off back to your own doggy doggy lamo forum,

Had you scum bags won last night you both would be on here giving us plenty, please don’t try to come off as some nice guy neutral supporter,

We won and don’t need you scum bags on this forum, get a life.

2 points or 12 u still lost ,you only scored in the dying minutes until then you were dominated all 2nd half and had we converted the many more clear cut opportunities we created the score would have been a lot worse For you,end of the day we got the 2 points that really matter ,see you at Brooky for another lesson ........ Be manly don't be a dog

eagles2win said:
I don't mind other teams supporters coming on here as long as it's not to antagonise ppl.
The real irony is that the majority of rude or antagonising comments come from the very people on this board.

Case in point a few comments in this thread.

Myself and CK could have easily integrated with others on here without announcing ourselves as Dogs fans and very few would be the wiser.

Neither of us have been rude or abusive to anyone on here.

MrInvisible said:
eagles2win said:
I don't mind other teams supporters coming on here as long as it's not to antagonise ppl.
The real irony is that the majority of rude or antagonising comments come from the very people on this board.

Myself and CK could have easily integrated with others on here without announcing ourselves as Dogs fans and very few would be the wiser.

Would love Dan to introduce a general NRL forum(and International league). So yourself and others on here can come here and have some healthy banter between clubs.

Gets a bit boring discussing the same thing over and over again.

For example at the moment I think Souths have sorted there defence out.

And also the Sharks I love watching : Forwards bash the living **** out of whatever's moving and Todd Carney capitalises on that.

MrInvisible said:
eagles2win said:

Mate, you leave yourself open for it. The problem I see with you is that you are a decidedly different person on the doggies forum, not the balanced "nice guy" you want to present. In fact I know one of your fellow posters on the kennel called you on your behaviour last night, words to the effect of "Why do you care so much about other teams failing, and not about our boys succeeding"

You can tell the worth of a person by the way they act when they think no one is looking....

I saw your form last night on the "stolen banner" post - you came across as a precious petal, and as a person with self esteem issues. You made out like you could have people banned from ST forums, big noting yourself, why??? And you also carried on about Forans re-signing, wishing for group suicide should he not sign, not the persona you present here.

Mate, I was tolerant of your presence, there is no issue at all with you being on a forum about football, but please spare us your self righteous indignation, it is wearing thin.

You come across as a diplomatic bulldogs supporter all the while your taking sly little jabs at us in a condescending tone and we all see through your act,all the while you expect us to respect you and you cry boo hoo when we call you out on it ,at least we are straight up with you and tell it how it is maybe if you were more genuine you might get some respect around here,I still think you are a closet manly supporter or really really jealous of our recent success As you are totally obsessed with manly ,as Said above you even get called out on your own forums

CaptainKickass said:
voicefromthehill said:
Especially after the massive dump I just took :D

Bad luck mate, a good game.

My question - Is Mr Invisible really invisible? Or does he just wish to be because he has a head like a sackful of ass holes?

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Is Invisible a wanker on your forum too ?

Thanks VFMH ... very magnanimous of you.

And in regards to MrI ... I can confirm despite his appearances, he is and very much visible AND engaged to a smoking hottie !

The man can not only take a good photo, he be punching about 6 divisions above his weight !

New nickname for MrI - Punchy!!

Good game from both sides. You should keep Reynolds, and don't expect too much from Hasler this year, give him time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4