More Turbo news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So where is Hopoate and Schuster, Des?

Talk of Turbo being our one major attacking weapon, has me wondering why the two outstanding juniors with attacking skills abounding are not even getting a look in on the reserves bench. Brad Best, who played in that thrilling juniors match two years back with young Hoppa, who also starred, is going gangbusters in first grade. We need attacking flair

Is this talent to be put in storage until next year. What a waste. If I was Josh, I'd be saying, Hang on here, I could be in first grade in most other clubs by now. Suli gets injured and we have the safe but hardly exciting Brendon Elliott out there against two pretty decent try scoring centres in Croker and Scott.

I know Des has a penchant for being conservative, but his two outstanding up and comers from the juniors, Hopoate and Schuster, have not received a mention even in the reserves for matches this year. Hopoate would be just about ready from his injury and if he leaves on a sabbatical at years end, Manly have been paying for him to sit on the side lines. Schuster is a potential star and I wouldn't blame him for getting itchy feet. They should be given a chance to show their wares, surely Des.

So where is Hopoate and Schuster, Des?

Talk of Turbo being our one major attacking weapon, has me wondering why the two outstanding juniors with attacking skills abounding are not even getting a look in on the reserves bench. Brad Best, who played in that thrilling juniors match two years back with young Hoppa, who also starred, is going gangbusters in first grade. We need attacking flair

Is this talent to be put in storage until next year. What a waste. If I was Josh, I'd be saying, Hang on here, I could be in first grade in most other clubs by now. Suli gets injured and we have the safe but hardly exciting Brendon Elliott out there against two pretty decent try scoring centres in Croker and Scott.

I know Des has a penchant for being conservative, but his two outstanding up and comers from the juniors, Hopoate and Schuster, have not received a mention even in the reserves for matches this year. Hopoate would be just about ready from his injury and if he leaves on a sabbatical at years end, Manly have been paying for him to sit on the side lines. Schuster is a potential star and I wouldn't blame him for getting itchy feet. They should be given a chance to show their wares, surely Des.
Both have not played since big injuries buddy.

They are both underdone and it would take a crazy man to throw either into their first game against men under the circumstances.

I doubt either will be playing FG before they have a few games under their belt...at least in reggies.

They are both underdone and it would take a crazy man to throw either into their first game against men under the circumstances.

I doubt either will be playing FG before they have a few games under their belt...at least in reggies.
Completely agree, neither have played NSW cup yet. Loads of potential but unlikely they are gonna take the NRL by storm. They will both sit out the year barring injury/suspension.

I think the point @eagle66 was trying to make was we went down swinging and could/should've maybe won the match.
Would the points be the same IF we won? Um, I doubt it.
So surely someone, anyone gets at least a point in the close loss.
I didn't miss the point buddy...I thought AFB was probably the best player on the park and that Horhay deserved 1 point.

I think the point @eagle66 was trying to make was we went down swinging and could/should've maybe won the match.
Would the points be the same IF we won? Um, I doubt it.
So surely someone, anyone gets at least a point in the close loss.
@StuBoot, exactly what my meek post was getting at. Looking at last week, Manly spent what, 40 -50 minutes chipping away at Brisbane, not panicking and overall, what was a team effort to stay in the hunt. To be fair to the DallyM judge, in this case, 1 point went to a Brisbane player. It wasn't an 80 minute domination by Manly.

Both had injuries last year. Both are supposed to be now fit. Tevita Funa has barely played a game in the past 2 years through ongoing injuries, very little in the Reggies and none in first grade and yet he was chosen before Elliott in first grade last week. No different. Best is the same age as Hopoate and also had serious injuries, lost a bone in his foot and has a metal screw in his leg, he was coming back from. Yet he's now a first grade regular. Maybe Hopoate, who is apparently fit and going through testing is still a little way off, but Schuster, I understand from earlier reports, was on the cusp of playing first grade for Manly months ago and is well over his injury. Sorry, I but I stick with my statement.

@StuBoot, exactly what my meek post was getting at. Looking at last week, Manly spent what, 40 -50 minutes chipping away at Brisbane, not panicking and overall, what was a team effort to stay in the hunt. To be fair to the DallyM judge, in this case, 1 point went to a Brisbane player. It wasn't an 80 minute domination by Manly.

As much as they get it right most years, it’s a flawed system. Teams that win dominate the points regardless if there’s an absolute standout performance from a player in the losing side.
If you’re the best player on the park it shouldn’t matter if you’re team won or lost.
Would Turbo have still got three points if the Broncos just snuck home against us?
Would Moses have got three points if Garrick scores in the last minute?
Probably not on both counts but they didn’t play any differently in that last minute apart from their team losing.

I’ve had this discussion many times over and some think the Player of the match must come from the winning team and some mates don’t.

Happy Birthday Turbo!.jpg

He was signed before so must be an upgrade.

Wouldn’t it be great if he was as good as his brothers.
That's what I was saying the other day. The money freed up from the #purge is going to mostly go into upgraded contracts for existing players. Not sure we'll have that much to #splurge.

That's what I was saying the other day. The money freed up from the #purge is going to mostly go into upgraded contracts for existing players. Not sure we'll have that much to #splurge.

Honestly think we only need a few signings, we have the juniors already, in Schuster, Hopoate and Olakau'atu. I think Foran is a huge bonus, but say Saab (so much potential), Davey (who looks amazing), and say one marquee purchase, and we'd be sitting pretty. ESPECIALLY if Fainu can somehow play.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8