More rule changes forecast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Change the 1:1 strip back to 1:1, not how they changed it this year which currently means 3:1 until 1 of the 3 has a good grip on the ball then the other 2 fall off. Note to refs etc ‘that is not a 1:1’

And if it is an illegal strip, don't award a penalty plus another set, just start the game immediately with a 6 tackle set. Eliminates a stoppage and keeps the momentum.

In front of the posts or one metre out, you say? That's what the professional foul law is for, in which case the sin bin comes into play.

Overall it will cut stripping out of the game.

BUT Muzzy they are “ modernising the game to keep the millennials interested” so that has to be a good thing , doesn’t it?

PS: if I knew how to insert LOL icons in here I would.

I'd suggest the fact you don't know how to insert an emoji means you shouldn't hang crap on millennials seeing as you're going to need them a lot when you're a bit older!

@:p @:p @:D:D@;):(:confused::cool:@:rolleyes::yawn: :tinfoil: :whitecheck: :p@:cool:o_Oo_O:emo::shake::giggle::clap::finger:@:mask:@:mask::rock::banghead::swear::axegrind::axegrind:

It's strange. Almost all of the matches that end in a draw are exciting.
Yet the football played in a 'golden point' is usually slap-dash and often embarrassing. There have been times when teams have missed 6-7 shots at field goals.
I'm sure the vast majority of RL fans would be happy with a draw. If the NRL is "listening" to fans then why hasn't it scrapped this abomination? Instead they are trying to add some lipstick to a pig.

Yet the football played in a 'golden point' is usually slap-dash and often embarrassing. There have been times when teams have missed 6-7 shots at field goals.
I'm sure the vast majority of RL fans would be happy with a draw. If the NRL is "listening" to fans then why hasn't it scrapped this abomination? Instead they are trying to add some lipstick to a pig.
Draw in standard season games, golden try in extra time for finals with some sort of count back system if it’s a draw after an extra 10 minutes each way.

**** off Golden Point

SOO games can be a draw but there has to be a decision on the final game that could decide a series winner, see above.

why don't they just start with enforcing the rules we already have. my pet hates

play the ball on the mark
get to your feet before playing the ball
no contact between marker and person playing the ball

one rule tweak I would like to see is some incentive for a genuine legs tackle - make it a dominant tackle so you can hang on for that extra couple of seconds as a reward. At the moment the way they police it requires release a nanosecond after the attacker hits the ground and starts humping. And they wonder why no one tackles around the legs anymore

The biggest names and sharpest brains, Who the f#ck are they in this group????

The biggest names and sharpest brains in rugby league will meet next week to explore ways to make rugby league more innovative, exciting and easier to referee

The competition committee includes commissioners Peter V’landys, Peter Beattie and Wayne Pearce, NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg, head of football Graham Annesley, former coach John Lang, current NRL coaches Ivan Cleary and Paul Green, Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga, RLPA representative Clint Newton, former star player Darren Lockyer and NRL general manager of elite officiating, Bernard Sutton.
PMSL......Pearce, Beattie & Lockyer.......the 3 Stooges. Of all the twats involved in the Commission I’ve not come across 3 more illiterate fools than these 3!!

Totally agree. I used to think that a scything low tackle was a highlight of the sport; ones performed by the likes of Beaver, Ima Martian, Alan Thompson, Ron Coote, Les Johns, Bunny Reilly...
It's no longer part of the game and more likely to be a detriment because the ball carrier gets to play the ball quicker.
Frankly, tackling in today's RL is poor. It might be more hurtful than in the past but one-on-one tackling is becoming a lost art. Jake Turbo is one of the few exceptions.

Every ****ing year they change the rules. I suppose it keeps everybody on their toes....."What are the rules this year?"...."****ed if I know".......

I wish they'd get rid of a zero tackle. There's no such thing and for some reason it does my head in.
I want to know if it works the same with cake. Can I eat one piece and say it's my zero slice and then eat another and claim I've only had one piece of cake?
I'm going to try this tonight. I'm about to have my zero slice.

I wish they'd get rid of a zero tackle. There's no such thing and for some reason it does my head in.
I want to know if it works the same with cake. Can I eat one piece and say it's my zero slice and then eat another and claim I've only had one piece of cake?
That's what my three year old does :)
"We said you could have one"
"This is one" pointing to the new/second third one :)

why don't they just start with enforcing the rules we already have. my pet hates

play the ball on the mark
get to your feet before playing the ball
no contact between marker and person playing the ball

one rule tweak I would like to see is some incentive for a genuine legs tackle - make it a dominant tackle so you can hang on for that extra couple of seconds as a reward. At the moment the way they police it requires release a nanosecond after the attacker hits the ground and starts humping. And they wonder why no one tackles around the legs anymore

Yep agree.
The play the ball on the mark ****s me no end - the amount of times players crawl through the ruck before playing the ball is ridiculous, one ref will let it go, one might say go back and play it, another will penalise the defensive team for crowding or offside and the rest are pineapples.

With your point on the legs tackle - have a look at the last try the Chooks scored in the GF.
Leilua chops Cordner down beautifully one on one ( even the commentary calls it a great tackle )
he rolls off as Cordner gets to his feet quickly, BJ is out of position as there is no marker and he is effectively offside now, Keary exploits the hole and they're away.
The fact that Leilua was lazy is not lost on me but even if did try to get to marker he most likely would've been penalised for offside/interfering with the play the ball or anything else they deem penalty worthy.

I might go to the bottlo and buy a "7 pack"!

I bought this monster Lemon Meringue Pie today. I’m going with your zero slice rule after dinner @niccipops .

I think I’ve posted before re Golden Point.
There seems to be a lot of debate and time spent on what is the best determination for a drawn game - something that happens in approx 5% of all games played throughout a season.
They’re not going to scrap it, so either make it 5mins each way with all scoring options in play or give both teams a point with a bonus point for winning in extra time.
They keep trying to come up with all sorts of fancy equations when they could be using that time and energy on things that affect most games like, I dunno, pretty much everything else.

Less knock on's when the ball goes backward or doesn't hit the ground at all.
Play on ffs.
Why the stoppages for bobbles, I f*ckin hate that stupid word, or if the ball touches another player. If it's not deliberately propelled forward or
If the bloody thing doesn't touch the ground play on...

Less knock on's when the ball goes backward or doesn't hit the ground at all.
Play on ffs.
Why the stoppages for bobbles, I f*ckin hate that stupid word, or if the ball touches another player. If it's not deliberately propelled forward or
If the bloody thing doesn't touch the ground play on...
This is so accurate. What the eye can't detect in real time should be ignored. Our sport is not played in stop-frame which distorts everything.
Video has over complicated our once simple but mesmerising sport.

Some nice ideas in this thread.

It'd also be nice if the refs didn't have such a huge knee jerk reaction everytime there boss mentions something.

"Refs should be prepared to put players in the sin bin"
- next week there are 400 sin binnings

etc.

Also: Captains challenge.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4