More referee calamity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I know we won, but we still didn't get the rub of the green?  The worst example being when we touched down, only to have them whistle a scrum when the ball had been knocked down by a Rorter.  What is the video ref for?

referring definatly looks influenced by a im pissed off tyoe Gallop.

we have been rorted 2 weeks in a row big time.

thats what the seats are for

Second half a couple of things involving Tony Williams I didn't get; first was player being tackled by T-Rex, tried to unload and ball went forward, picked up by a rooster and was allowed to play on.

Second was T-Rex picking up one of those big Poly rooster forwards and doing a Casey the Destroyer on him, ball went lose but was penalised, don't know what for.

Didn't think the refs were too bad at all.

I'm sick of people whinging about the refs every ****en week.

Foran being dragged out was an abomination and they should have been penalised. We got a few good ones early but certainly there were a couple of howlers.

I thought there was a lot of forward passes that were let go mostly from the rorters out of dummy half but there were a few we got away with as well.

Canteen Worker link said:
Foran being dragged out was an abomination and they should have been penalised. We got a few good ones early but certainly there were a couple of howlers.

Yeah that was the worst call - not a judgement one but clear cut. The momentum in the tackle stopped and then they started dragging him.

Volley link said:
Didn't think the refs were too bad at all.

I'm sick of people whinging about the refs every f**ken week.

Watch it again then.

The Rooters were offside all day, passing it forward & getting the ball back when they knocked on. We were losing it for knock backs. Not acceptable at all.

Did anyone wake up Martin Kennedy when the game finished ? He nodded off a couple of times on top of Manly players in the ruck. I can only assume he has special dispensation from the NRL and can't be penalised as he suffers from narcolepsy. 

It was interesting to watch the refs attempt to improve the scrums by trying to get them to pack correctly and continually calling out Jason Ryles and other Rorters.  But the refs never took it far enough and should have penalised the Rorters.

It would be great if scrums could be improved.

The only plus point to come from the rubbish reffing was how we dealt with the decisions.  We just coped it sweet and got on with the game.  The rubbish calls annoy us fans cannot imagine how it annoys the players, handling it the way they did yesterday is a very positive show of our attitude.

Personally I thought the way the refs handled the game was in our favour yesterday, The Roosters would have been a lot harder to handle if the speed of the ruck wasn't as slow as they kept it all day

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Personally I thought the way the refs handled the game was in our favour yesterday, The Roosters would have been a lot harder to handle if the speed of the ruck wasn't as slow as they kept it all day

I've noticed that the speed in the ruck has slowed down dramatically in the first 2 rounds compared to previous seasons. It seems deliberate.

and the markers are allowed to stand side by side now apparently

CLIT COMMANDER link said:
Second half a couple of things involving Tony Williams I didn't get; first was player being tackled by T-Rex, tried to unload and ball went forward, picked up by a rooster and was allowed to play on.

Second was T-Rex picking up one of those big Poly rooster forwards and doing a Casey the Destroyer on him, ball went lose but was penalised, don't know what for.
The penalty was for a two in the tackle strip.  It wasn't against TRex, the ref pointed to Watmough. 

I was not looking forward to Bill Harrigan taking over from Robert Finch because I thought things would get worse. However , from what I have seen the first two weeks this year I think they have been as good as can be expected.  I dont like saying this about Bill, but he is doing a great job so far. Touch wood.

I think cement truck Harrigan is on a hiding to nothing.Nothing seems to have changed with him being top dog.Enjoy it while it lasts.Ive just seen a sharks player get penalised for palming Boyd off in the face while in posession.Nothings changed with King Bill at the helm.

The Team must run out with the attitude that they are going to beat the 17 players and the ref. With this attitude We will win more than we lose. Maybe.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2